"Rational" Republicans Threaten Third-Party if Cheney's Replaced.

That may not be far off, but definitions of "conservative" are amorphous. Anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-Putin, anti-tax on the 1%, anti-gun regulation, anti-immigrant? (not offered as an exclusive list, or to be dismissive of any.
"Conservative" has implied a respect for American traditions (excluding slavery and genocide), limited government, and states' rights. Conservatives I've known and worked for held a blind allegiance to capitalism and individual liberty without ever questioning how the former inhibits the latter. The congressional conservative coalition made up of right-wing Republicans and racist Democrats played a starring role in US politics between the late 1930s and mid-60s by opposing most civil rights legislation and industrial labor unions. Trump may prove an inflection point in US conservatism, but I suspect we will have to wait a few years to find out?

And at his age possibly dead. His little brother just passed after all. Heck of a guy for a party to cling to.
It is hard to understand how those who criticize crony-capitalism found a way to support Trump who comes from a long line of capitalists who prosper from bribing government for favorable tax policies.

Yes, the principled non-crazy Republicans are threatening a 3rd party.

Unfortunately, most of the Republican Party has gone Full Retard worshipping their loser Orange God.
then your post doesn't make any sense.

Yes, the principled non-crazy Republicans are threatening a 3rd party.

Unfortunately, most of the Republican Party has gone Full Retard worshipping their loser Orange God.
With all due respect to the mentally disabled, "full retard" is the phrase that pops into my head whenever I'm confronted with Trumpsterism.

The courts will not move that quickly? Maybe by 2025, but he will be dead by then, probably.
I think there's also a possibility Trump will leave the country if arrest appears imminent. Maybe he'll build a tower in Moscow?
Trump-Putin-1024x555.jpg

Trump’s Tax Returns Could Shed Light on His Connections with Russia

"This memo describes possible financial entanglements with Russia and Russian business interests that might be revealed on President Trump’s tax returns.

"The memo describes (1) Trump’s past financial entanglements with Russia, (2) the importance of disclosure of the tax filings of hundreds of Trump business entities in addition to Trump’s personal tax returns, and (3) the value of the tax code’s numerous foreign disclosure forms that Trump and his businesses may have filed with the IRS."

The courts will not move that quickly? Maybe by 2025, but he will be dead by then, probably.
I think there's also a possibility Trump will leave the country if arrest appears imminent. Maybe he'll build a tower in Moscow?
Neocon warmonger asswipes don't need a third party....They can go rejoin the democrats.
You sound suspiciously like Chomsky:stir:
"MAY 7, 2021

United States Withdraws From Afghanistan? Not Really

BY NOAM CHOMSKY – VIJAY PRASHAD"

I'd be very surprised to see that, but shit that comes up sure could damage the party.
I've worried about Trump's long history of donating money to Democrats and how that money might buy him favors in any impending legal proceedings, but I think it's a little too early to know for sure:

This is Trump's heaping list of legal problems post-impeachment

"After averting a conviction in his second impeachment trial, former President Donald Trump faces significant new legal threats as prosecutors in Georgia have joined those in New York to conduct criminal investigations into his actions.

"As the nation watched harrowing videos from January 6 of Trump supporters storming the US Capitol during the Senate impeachment trial this week, Georgia officials announced they have opened investigations into Trump's efforts to overturn the state's election results, including by pressuring officials to 'find' votes to swing the outcome in his favor."

I'd be very surprised to see that, but shit that comes up sure could damage the party.
I've worried about Trump's long history of donating money to Democrats and how that money might buy him favors in any impending legal proceedings, but I think it's a little too early to know for sure:

"After averting a conviction in his second impeachment trial, former President Donald Trump faces significant new legal threats as prosecutors in Georgia have joined those in New York to conduct criminal investigations into his actions.

"As the nation watched harrowing videos from January 6 of Trump supporters storming the US Capitol during the Senate impeachment trial this week, Georgia officials announced they have opened investigations into Trump's efforts to overturn the state's election results, including by pressuring officials to 'find' votes to swing the outcome in his favor."

All political theatre.

Have these 100 folks destroyed the Republican party yet, georgephillip

When will they be the second political party and the Republicans will no longer exist?

The RINOs under Cheney could start their own party. They could call it the RINO Party. Better yet just forget the dishonesty and call it the Democrat Party.
If Trump goes to prison or leaves the country to avoid prosecution, who takes over the radical wing of the GOP?

What happens to the filthy Democrat Party when Joe Dufus and the Ho when they go to prison for ballot tampering?

The RINOs under Cheney could start their own party. They could call it the RINO Party. Better yet just forget the dishonesty and call it the Democrat Party.
If Trump goes to prison or leaves the country to avoid prosecution, who takes over the radical wing of the GOP?

What happens to the filthy Democrat Party when Joe Dufus and the Ho when they go to prison for ballot tampering?

I don't know, but you'll want to wake up and clean yourself off afterwards.

From the most unhinged Presidency in our history to the most unhinged post-Presidency in our history.

Appropriate, I guess.

Forum List

Back