Rastafari

If guns don't kill people, but people kill people, why do they send soldiers off to war with guns, shouldn't they send just the people?

Well, let's see, I wonder how the Romans killed so many people without guns? :eusa_think:

Maybe we ought to ban fire too. After all, you never can ban enough things ya know.:eusa_shifty:

And don't forget about those evil swimming pools. How many people in the U.S. die every year from drowning in a swimming pool? Looks like we better ban those evil swimming pools right away. Hmm?

Yeah, unfortunately they have cracked down on swimming pools. Those darn pools chasing after kids, trying to drown the poor souls.

I've known people to have choked on quarters before. Probably ought to ban money too...

And pillows can suffocate people, buildings can fall on people... let's see, what's left???

cars are not designed to kill people

That makes them even scarier.

the second ammendment is outdated, today it's for trailer trash morons who need to compensate

Maybe you could explain to me why it is outdated? That would of course demand an original intent for them. Do you know what this original intent was by chance?

The original intent was so that folks could protect themselves from indians, red coats... and also be able to hunt for food before supermarkets were invented. Now you just need guns to protect yourselves from other US citizens.:cuckoo:

As for banning pools... maybe the US should ban computers, apparently not everyone is intelligent enough to use them properly.

cars are not designed to kill people

That makes them even scarier.

the second ammendment is outdated, today it's for trailer trash morons who need to compensate

Maybe you could explain to me why it is outdated? That would of course demand an original intent for them. Do you know what this original intent was by chance?

The original intent was so that folks could protect themselves from indians, red coats... and also be able to hunt for food before supermarkets were invented. Now you just need guns to protect yourselves from other US citizens.:cuckoo:

As for banning pools... maybe the US should ban computers, apparently not everyone is intelligent enough to use them properly.

1) To protect us against Indians???...:ack-1:...you need to get out more often. There are still indians in America today. ;)

2)What is wrong with protecting ourselves???

3) That said, here is the REAL reason what the original intent was:

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants" (Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
"the ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone," (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in Federalist Paper #46.)

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in `An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

Indians still around? Maybe it's time to hand out some more free blankets. :D

Sure there was an original intent.... in 1787!!!!!!!!!!!! Times have changed. It's like the muslims, they're stuck in the 12th century. People need to evolve a little and not be so stuck on some piece of paper written hundreds of years ago, in different times that don't apply to today.

Let everyone buy guns but don't sell anymore bullets, and since Yanks can't resist shooting at each other, you're eventually going to run out. :D
If the indians attack, just distribute bullets and they're toast.

There's something like 10,000+ deaths in the US by guns every year. You'd all be safer living in Iraq.

Sure there was an original intent.... in 1787!!!!!!!!!!!! Times have changed. It's like the muslims, they're stuck in the 12th century. People need to evolve a little and not be so stuck on some piece of paper written hundreds of years ago, in different times that don't apply to today.

Let everyone buy guns but don't sell anymore bullets, and since Yanks can't resist shooting at each other, you're eventually going to run out. :D

I don't know, people ate back then and people ate today. Eating hasn't gone outdated. Some things just don't.

The point is that you are still missing the intent. If you knew what the intent really was, you would know that the factors involved haven't changed since 1787 and since the beginning of this world for that matter.

There's something like 10,000+ deaths in the US by guns every year. You'd all be safer living in Iraq.

And there are far more automobile accident deaths in the US every year. You'd be safer living in Uganda.

Interesting that guns weren't killing 10,000 people per year back in 1787 or 1887, etc.

The reason: plain and simple... It AIN'T the guns it's the people. Maybe we need to be bitching about the violent cartoons, movies, and video games we allow our children to be programmed by. Perhaps we need to place the Bible first in our lives as it was back in the 1700's when there were guns but far fewer murders due to the guns.

I don't know, people ate back then and people ate today. Eating hasn't gone outdated. Some things just don't.

The point is that you are still missing the intent. If you knew what the intent really was, you would know that the factors involved haven't changed since 1787 and since the beginning of this world for that matter.

And there are far more automobile accident deaths in the US every year. You'd be safer living in Uganda.

Interesting that guns weren't killing 10,000 people per year back in 1787 or 1887, etc.

The reason: plain and simple... It AIN'T the guns it's the people. Maybe we need to be bitching about the violent cartoons, movies, and video games we allow our children to be programmed by. Perhaps we need to place the Bible first in our lives as it was back in the 1700's when there were guns but far fewer murders due to the guns.

Back then people couldn't go to a supermarket.:cuckoo: Like people use handguns to hunt for food.:cuckoo: And anyways, the vast majority of people with guns don't have them to hunt for food.:cuckoo:

EPIC FAIL! Now use your gun what it was intended for and go shoot a human.

We're talking about guns not cars, but the simple solution for cars is to have everyone pass an IQ test and have a fairly high cut-off. That would eliminate most of the tards from the road.

Last edited:

Back then people couldn't go to a supermarket.:cuckoo: Like people use handguns to hunt for food.:cuckoo: And anyways, the vast majority of people with guns don't have them to hunt for food.:cuckoo:

EPIC FAIL! Now use your gun what it was intended for and go shoot a human.

We're talking about guns not cars, but the simple solution for cars is to have everyone pass an IQ test and have a fairly high cut-off. That would eliminate most of the tards from the road.

Could you point out to me in the quotes that I gave in my previous post to that one where it says that the FF intended them be used for hunting animals???

They were meant for hunting animals and defending against red coats and injuns. And I think to defend against corrupt government or some shit like that. None of which is relevant today.

you know what makes me irie
when I can find a little piece of tree and build one good spliff.

They were meant for hunting animals and defending against red coats and injuns. And I think to defend against corrupt government or some shit like that. None of which is relevant today.

One quick glance around the world today would prove that statement an epic fail. ;)

We're talking about the US only, none of which is relevant today.

No, we are talking about mankind which is who the founding fathers had in mind.

Last edited:
So this thread has migrated from the relion of Rasta to the religion of Guns, has it?

Why does this not entirely surprise me?

Legalize guns AND pot, says I.

No, we are talking about mankind which is who the founding fathers had in mind.

The constitution applies to the whole world?:cuckoo:

What an epic fail of an argument. :lol:

No, the constitution applies to mankind in America of which came from every other country in the world BUT North America.

So how is it relevant today to need weapons to fight of injuns, red coats and get food as your only source of meat?

The constitution applies to the whole world?:cuckoo:

What an epic fail of an argument. :lol:

No, the constitution applies to mankind in America of which came from every other country in the world BUT North America.

So how is it relevant today to need weapons to fight of injuns, red coats and get food as your only source of meat?

Oh, will you look at that, when you lose the argument you go back to the beginning again.

Well, okay... back we go...

"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants" (Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939)

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

"the ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone," (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in Federalist Paper #46.)

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." (James Madison, The Federalist Papers #46 at 243-244)

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United States" (Noah Webster in `An Examination into the Leading Principles of the Federal Constitution', 1787, a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward ratification, in Paul Ford, ed., Pamphlets on the Constitution of the United States, at 56(New York, 1888))

I went back to the starting because when you quoted people from 1787 I asked how it's relevant to TODAY!!!! Then you went off on a tangent. You must be hard of english, or just really dense, or just hate not having a real response.
So please tell me, how is the 2nd amendment relevant to TODAY, not 1787 or 1888.

Forum List

Back