Rank level of intelligence of POTUS since I don't know, Nixon, per your opinion

WTH_Progs?

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2019
Don't borrow an opinion from some expert website, they're probably tainted.

Intelligence is different than common sense or integrity, it's dumb to assume any relationship. Lots of intelligent people are twisted.

Most to least, IMO

Clinton
Nixon
Obama
Ford
Trump
Bush Sr.
Reagan
Carter
Bush Jr.
Gilligan
Biden

Reagan was no rocket scientist

Bush the Lesser was pretty much a frat boy dope

Trump is just a moron

Nixon
Bush Sr.
Obama
Carter
Clinton
Reagan
Ford
Bush Jr.
Biden
Trump

Kind of a silly ranking to attempt. Intelligence can take on to many forms and be in to many areas to have any real chance ranking any political actor. Clinton, Obama and Trump are all political geniuses as far as I can tell. In other areas they may be utter morons. Just because they excel in one aspect does not mean they are 'smarter.'

Nor does performance seem to directly tie to intelligence. Possibly, the smartest person in modern history amounted to essentially nothing having almost no impact on the world in general.

So what metric are you using to even rank them? Wild guess?

Trump is just a moron
Obama had his grades sealed. He bragged about traveling to 57 States. Bush II was smart enough to surround himself with smart people so he could focus on leading. Unlike narcissists Obama and Trump, Bush II did not let his ego get in the way. Carter is very smart… but he let his bitterness get in the way. Clinton was smart, savy, and knew how to work both aisles. Nixon…. Very smart, but, he had a lot of paranoia and hatred of many people that became his downfall.

Like Cheney and Rumsfeld?
You’re aware that you not agreeing with someones politics doesn’t equate to them being dumb right?

BLUF Just about every President was likely more intelligent than 75-80% of the general population. You just dont rise to positions like that without being highly intelligent.

You’re aware that you not agreeing with someones politics doesn’t equate to them being dumb right?

BLUF Just about every President was likely more intelligent than 75-80% of the general population. You just dont rise to positions like that without being highly intelligent.
Choosing to have advisors like Cheney and Rumsfeld does NOT show intelligence

This is correct.

People are arrogant though. If someone disagrees with them so much, it MUST be because they are morons. It cant be that I am incorrect or someone else came to different conclusions based on sound reason. Lesh, as always, proves the point above....

Like Cheney and Rumsfeld?
Cheney and Rumsfeld built a Defense and Intelligence infrastructure so solid that even Obama and his Administration knew not to fuck with it. Sure, they demonized Cheney and Rumsfeld but they stayed the hell away from any changes…. and righty so. Prove me wrong.

Kind of a silly ranking to attempt. Intelligence can take on to many forms and be in to many areas to have any real chance ranking any political actor. Clinton, Obama and Trump are all political geniuses as far as I can tell. In other areas they may be utter morons. Just because they excel in one aspect does not mean they are 'smarter.'

Nor does performance seem to directly tie to intelligence. Possibly, the smartest person in modern history amounted to essentially nothing having almost no impact on the world in general.

So what metric are you using to even rank them? Wild guess?

Amazing story. Not on his level or remotely, my former stepdad had a very high IQ, runs in their family somehow. His dad was a toy maker who had migrated from Sweden. He avoided society so much he pretended he couldn't speak English.
:abgg2q.jpg:

Apparently my uncle regularly tested off the charts so to speak, SAT etc. Couldn't keep a job, and a tragedy how his life turned out, you wouldn't believe it and I still can't.

On a side I was reading up on the "experts". They figure Carter, Clinton & Bush Sr. had the highest IQs of the most recent. Supposedly John Quincy Adams was highest, but it's all speculation.

Last edited:
Choosing to have advisors like Cheney and Rumsfeld does NOT show intelligence
Why? Dick Cheney like him or not was a highly intelligent person who achieved far more than 99% of the people on the planet. Seems like a solid choice to me.

Graduated from Yale, was a Congressman and minority whip. Served as rthe WH chief of staff, secretary of defense, CEO of one of the largest companies in the world and VP. Thats a pretty ridiculous resume by any standard

Trump is just a moron
Your logic is that Trump, a multi billionaire who's accomplished 1000 times what you will in your entire life is a moron? Come here :itsok:

Why? Dick Cheney like him or not was a highly intelligent person who achieved far more than 99% of the people on the planet. Seems like a solid choice to me.

Graduated from Yale, was a Congressman and minority whip. Served as rthe WH chief of staff, secretary of defense, CEO of one of the largest companies in the world and VP. Thats a pretty ridiculous resume by any standard

Oh yeah? He's maybe half as smart as Kamala :yes_text12:

Forum List

Back