Rand Paul Suspends 2016 Presidential Campaign

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
Rand Paul is by far the best Republican candidate; it's sad that he isn't relevant.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said today he is suspending his 2016 campaign for president. "It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House," Paul said in a statement. "Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of liberty." Paul finished fifth in Monday's Iowa caucuses with 4.5 percent of the vote, behind rivals Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson.

Rand Paul is by far the best Republican candidate; it's sad that he isn't relevant.

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul said today he is suspending his 2016 campaign for president. "It's been an incredible honor to run a principled campaign for the White House," Paul said in a statement. "Today, I will end where I began, ready and willing to fight for the cause of liberty." Paul finished fifth in Monday's Iowa caucuses with 4.5 percent of the vote, behind rivals Ted Cruz, Donald Trump, Marco Rubio and Ben Carson.
Yeah it's sad Rand Paul was one of the few that is worth a damn (but not as stalwart and principled as his father), Terrorism and National Security rising to the top of the GOP issues list did his chances in IMHO. He was about the only candidate from either of the major parties that I would have actually considered voting for, oh well ....

Gary Johnson 2016 / Make America SANE Again! :)

Yeah, it is sad. But he's just not accepted in the current Republican Party. He was done in when he proposed some pretty revolutionary ideas. Ideas like releasing all non-violent drug offenders from our prisons, and adopting a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy.

Those ideas just don't sit well with the Neocons (Nazis) who run the Party. They want their Police State and WWIII. Rand isn't going along though. He may end up an outcast like his pops. It really is too bad.

IMHO the issues stated above were ramped up to occlude his message.If you go back to the news cycle before he announced he was the candidate that the Dems most feared because of his positions on many social issues. he would have been a great choice for those people who don't like Hillary or Sanders which there are a bunch but now what do they have a choice of? Polarizing figures like Trump and Cruz on one side and Hillary and Sanders on the other.
It's also interesting that after he announces his tax reform ideas, Cruz and a couple of the others come out with nearly identical plans with Cruz even stealing his "it'll fit on a postcard" line. Then if you watched the debates there was collusion to exclude him on the part of the other candidates demonstrated by the fact that they would not mention his name even when the topics were relevant to his platform. Then when he did gain traction many of his talking points were adopted by the others as the debates proceeded which managed to water down his talking points.
It was clear from the beginning in my mind that the mentallity from both sides was anybody but Rand and they went to great lengths to ensure that he would not be heard. I contend that the flood of GOP candidates was specifically meant to target him and to shut him down.

Forum List

Back