Rand Paul? Breaks With Trump?

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
At some point anyone with at least half a brain agrees that the Trump and Barr goon squads are a huge mistake.
Inject Rand Paul into the issue. I hope more of Trump's stable of enablers see the light.

"Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Monday came out against President Donald Trump’s latest initiative of sending unidentified federal agents to round up protesters in American cities."

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul, a staunch ally of the president who at times contradicts him on issues like civil liberties. “Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will.”

At some point anyone with at least half a brain agrees that the Trump and Barr goon squads are a huge mistake.
Inject Rand Paul into the issue. I hope more of Trump's stable of enablers see the light.

"Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) on Monday came out against President Donald Trump’s latest initiative of sending unidentified federal agents to round up protesters in American cities."

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul, a staunch ally of the president who at times contradicts him on issues like civil liberties. “Local law enforcement can and should be handling these situations in our cities but there is no place for federal troops or unidentified federal agents rounding people up at will.”

Good for him!
Every once in a while he returns to Planet Earth and says something intelligent.

but theyre not unidentified fed agents,,,,and they arent rounding up protesters, they are rounding up criminals that have committed crimes,,,

Paul want's to take the mantle of the Libertarian voice of Congress but I don't see that he has earned it but if still wants any consideration here he has to come out against this. I have to give my Libertarian friends credit for condemning these actions.

“We cannot give up liberty for security,” wrote Paul

Okfine, the libertarian???

Say it ain't so....

:laughing0301:

Rand Paul is a fool. When people start burning cities, and violently hurting people, the FBI and ATF&E are allowed to come in and do what is necessary to stop the shit. I know, because while Obama was playing god, i worked in the ATF&E headquarters and the agents there were getting ready for this shit....

Say it ain't so....

Is it a wonder why they remain a small political group in America?

:rolleyes:

Say it ain't so....

Is it a wonder why they remain a small political group in America?

:rolleyes:

It's not. Far too many love authoritarianism.

but theyre not unidentified fed agents,,,,and they arent rounding up protesters, they are rounding up criminals that have committed crimes,,,

He said federal troops, too. And they do not have identifying uniforms. And they are NOT rounding up people in the act of committing a crime.
Just how far you Trumptards will go up Trump's ass is stupefying.

Rand Paul is a fool. When people start burning cities, and violently hurting people, the FBI and ATF&E are allowed to come in and do what is necessary to stop the shit. I know, because while Obama was playing god, i worked in the ATF&E headquarters and the agents there were getting ready for this shit....
Rand is asking legit questions....If the people being scooped up are in fact from violent Antifa goon squads then the raids are at least marginally proper.

BTW, flashing BATF credentials doesn't automatically make you one of the good guys...Just sayin'.

When was Paul a Trump fan?....never...wasted thread....

Do you EVER look something up before you release the files from your pie hole??????

They quit being protesters and became criminals when they started damaging property and setting fires. ... :cool:

Then the damn brownshirts should have been there when they were doing that.
Not after the fact.
This is Trump's next move towards being a full blown fascist.

And for the peanut gallery:

fascist
[ fash-ist ]
noun
a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.

fascist
an adherent of fascism or other right-wing authoritarian views

He said federal troops, too. And they do not have identifying uniforms. And they are NOT rounding up people in the act of committing a crime.
Just how far you Trumptards will go up Trump's ass is stupefying.
they arent troops and have ID markings and are rounding up criminals not protesters,,,

Rand is asking legit questions....If the people being scooped up are in fact from violent Antifa goon squads then the raids are at least marginally proper.

BTW, flashing BATF credentials doesn't automatically make you one of the good guys...Just sayin'.

How many were charged with a crime, arrested and had to be bailed out or is still sitting in jail?

When was Paul a Trump fan?....never...wasted thread....

Do you EVER look something up before you release the files from your pie hole??????

Rand has been with Trump when he agrees and against him when he doesn't....That doesn't make him a "Trump fan" numbnutz.

They quit being protesters and became criminals when they started damaging property and setting fires. ... :cool:

Then the damn brownshirts should have been there when they were doing that.
Not after the fact.
This is Trump's next move towards being a full blown fascist.

And for the peanut gallery:

fascist
[ fash-ist ]

noun
a person who is dictatorial or has extreme right-wing views.

fascist

an adherent of fascism or other right-wing authoritarian views
your definition doesnt apply here because right wing is libertarian not fascist,,

Forum List

Back