Quiz- What religion are you?

Here were my top 10 (all that I scored at least 50% on).

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)
2. Orthodox Quaker (96%)
3. Eastern Orthodox (95%)
4. Roman Catholic (95%)
5. Seventh Day Adventist (90%)
6. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (76%)
7. Islam (64%)
8. Orthodox Judaism (64%)
9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (53%)
10. Hinduism (51%)

BTW, I'm with Darin on question #12. My answer would be that faith alone is what saves us, not "[a]dher[ing] strictly to the rites, practices, precepts, commandments, prohibitions, laws, sacraments, or ordinances of the faith to be rewarded after life." Works do not save, faith does. However, since we will all be judged according to our deeds (as Jesus said several times) then I picked the first choice.

Adhere strictly to the rites, practices, precepts, commandments, prohibitions, laws, sacraments, or ordinances of the faith to be rewarded after life.

Christianity isn't about salvation through strict adherence to rites, practices, prohibitions, or laws.

Christianity is about believing Christ served as a complete and final substitutional attonement for MY crimes (sins).

dmp said:
Christianity isn't about salvation through strict adherence to rites, practices, prohibitions, or laws.

Christianity is about believing Christ served as a complete and final substitutional attonement for MY crimes (sins).
I had no "right" answer for that Question, either.

The question illustrates people's misconceptions about God - yes, the church doesn't always do a good-enough job of fixing that misconception. :(

1. Secular Humanism (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (98%)
3. Nontheist (89%)
4. Liberal Quakers (79%)
5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (75%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (68%)
7. Neo-Pagan (57%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (54%)
9. Taoism (47%)
10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (41%)
11. New Age (40%)
12. Reform Judaism (40%)
13. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (35%)
14. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (33%)
15. New Thought (33%)
16. Orthodox Quaker (29%)
17. Mahayana Buddhism (28%)
18. Scientology (28%)
19. Sikhism (22%)
20. Islam (22%)
21. Jainism (22%)
22. Orthodox Judaism (22%)
23. Jehovah's Witness (19%)
24. Eastern Orthodox (13%)
25. Roman Catholic (13%)
26. Seventh Day Adventist (12%)
27. Hinduism (5%)

No there's a surprise...

Neat web site. Here are my top 10:

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)
2. Secular Humanism (94%)
3. Liberal Quakers (90%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (86%)
5. Nontheist (77%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (74%)
7. Neo-Pagan (65%)
8. Bahá'í Faith (63%)
9. Taoism (53%)
10. New Age (52%)

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)
2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (92%)
3. Jehovah's Witness (91%)
4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (78%)
5. Bahá'í Faith (77%)
6. Orthodox Judaism (76%)
7. Eastern Orthodox (74%)
8. Roman Catholic (74%)
9. Orthodox Quaker (65%)
10. Seventh Day Adventist (64%)
11. Islam (62%)
12. Sikhism (53%)
13. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (51%)
14. Liberal Quakers (46%)
15. Hinduism (44%)
16. Reform Judaism (44%)
17. Jainism (38%)
18. Unitarian Universalism (35%)
19. Mahayana Buddhism (31%)
20. Theravada Buddhism (30%)
21. New Thought (26%)
22. Neo-Pagan (25%)
23. New Age (20%)
24. Scientology (19%)
25. Nontheist (16%)
26. Secular Humanism (12%)
27. Taoism (10%)

Not a big surprise at all. Its the same answer i get every time i take that test:p:

dmp said:
#12 is a bullshit question. I can't select one of those responses. :(

Yeah - I had a problem with that, too. That's the trouble with polls in general, I think; they are more a measure of your closest stand on some preset parameters than a representation of your true, complete feelings on a matter. Makes the entire science problematic, IMHO.

dmp said:

If this is true, why are we given the commandment to "repent and sin no more"? Why is repentance of our sins necessary if there is not a personal price to be paid for our deviation from those "rites, practices, prohibitions, or laws"?

Christianity is about believing Christ served as a complete and final substitutional atonement for MY crimes (sins).

In my opinion, here is the benefit we will derive from Christ's atonement: (1) We will be resurrected from death, never to die again. (2) We can be cleansed from all our sins upon personal repentance and a sincere desire/effort on our part to overcome those sins. If we don't "walk the walk" as commanded, we will fall short of what has been offered us though Christ's atonement.

If Christ's death absolves us of any personal accountability, why will there be a Judgment Day when all will be judged according to their acts, words and thoughts and what was actually taking place in their hearts at the time of those actions/words/thoughts?

The above is not intended as a put-down of what you believe. I am just wondering how you arrived at those conclusions.

Adam's Apple said:
If this is true, why are we given the commandment to "repent and sin no more"? Why is repentance of our sins necessary if there is not a personal price to be paid for our deviation from those "rites, practices, prohibitions, or laws"?

In my opinion, here is the benefit we will derive from Christ's atonement: (1) We will be resurrected from death, never to die again. (2) We can be cleansed from all our sins upon personal repentance and a sincere desire/effort on our part to overcome those sins. If we don't "walk the walk" as commanded, we will fall short of what has been offered us though Christ's atonement.

If Christ's death absolves us of any personal accountability, why will there be a Judgment Day when all will be judged according to their acts, words and thoughts and what was actually taking place in their hearts at the time of those actions/words/thoughts?

The above is not intended as a put-down of what you believe. I am just wondering how you arrived at those conclusions.

Whats more is I think the Atonement gives us power to overcome those weaknesses we may have. it gives us the ability to walk the walk. Without it we would only have one choice: Physical and Spiritual death. But because of the Atonement of Jesus Christ man is free to choose good and evil rather than just evil.

What I had trouble with in question 12 was the use of the words "rite, etc." We don't need to obey laws; we need to obey God. Obeying laws is generally a good thing, but performing rites does not save us. God wants our hearts, not our burnt offerings.

But, agreed, if we are going to be in a relationship with Him, we DO have to "walk the walk." Rules are generally good; Self-discipline is necessary. I just don't believe "the walk" is necessarily a proscribed set of rituals.

The list of religions they have is a bit biased. For example there are numerous Christian religions listed separately, but Islam is listed as only one religion. Shinto is not listed at all although it is a distinct religion. From an outsiders perspective the Christian religions have more in common than differences. Some of the things they list are not even religions in my book, such as new age, etc.

Nuc said:
The list of religions they have is a bit biased. For example there are numerous Christian religions listed separately, but Islam is listed as only one religion. Shinto is not listed at all although it is a distinct religion. From an outsiders perspective the Christian religions have more in common than differences.

All of what you say is true, but you gotta figure they had a "target audience" - for lack of a better term - in mind. A better way of saying it might be that they had some notion of where the people likely to be taking the test might fall on a given scale. Another way still would be, as you say, that perhaps their own biases crept into the calculations.

According to my results, ol' Lucifer better get to his Dell and start typing up a resume.

Just Kiddin" - Hey Kathianne, I scored the same as you. 52% Hmmmm!!!!!

Nuc said:
From an outsiders perspective the Christian religions have more in common than differences.

Now if we could just get more Christians to also see it that way and stop the silly in-fighting. Look at the results of the people who took this quiz. They could be members of many different denominations because they share a majority of similar beliefs.

:huh:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Bahá'í Faith (98%)
3. Liberal Quakers (94%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (92%)
5. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (88%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
7. Orthodox Quaker (80%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (78%)
9. Hinduism (77%)
10. New Age (76%)
11. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (75%)
12. Neo-Pagan (73%)
13. Sikhism (73%)
14. New Thought (71%)
15. Jainism (69%)
16. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (64%)
17. Orthodox Judaism (62%)
18. Taoism (62%)
19. Reform Judaism (61%)
20. Scientology (61%)
21. Jehovah's Witness (61%)
22. Islam (56%)
23. Secular Humanism (56%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (49%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (36%)
26. Roman Catholic (36%)
27. Nontheist (35%)

Said1 said:
:huh:

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)
2. Bahá'í Faith (98%)
3. Liberal Quakers (94%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (92%)
5. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (88%)
6. Mahayana Buddhism (88%)
7. Orthodox Quaker (80%)
8. Theravada Buddhism (78%)
9. Hinduism (77%)
10. New Age (76%)
11. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (75%)
12. Neo-Pagan (73%)
13. Sikhism (73%)
14. New Thought (71%)
15. Jainism (69%)
16. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (64%)
17. Orthodox Judaism (62%)
18. Taoism (62%)
19. Reform Judaism (61%)
20. Scientology (61%)
21. Jehovah's Witness (61%)
22. Islam (56%)
23. Secular Humanism (56%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (49%)
25. Eastern Orthodox (36%)
26. Roman Catholic (36%)
27. Nontheist (35%)

Oh my! Time to return to CCD or whatever you call it in Canada! :teeth: