Quit yer damn whining about the new kick-off yardline!

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
I'm tired of everyone fucking crying like babies because they moved the kick-off up five yards. Waaaaaaaaah, it's taking an exciting play away from the game, waaaaaaah!

Bullshit. Once teams realize they can now kick it off with a high arc, they'll be trying to pin teams inside the 10, and that'll be every bit as exciting, and then some. :thup:

Why do that? kick it out of the end zone and there is no chance of a return for a TD! Make em go 80 yards. for that matter lets eliminate field goals too. Now that would make things interesting!

To make it interesting, every kick-off should be a drop kick. Don't really care which yard marker they use.

• Banned
Why do that? kick it out of the end zone and there is no chance of a return for a TD! Make em go 80 yards. for that matter lets eliminate field goals too. Now that would make things interesting!

Making them go 85-90 yards is even better.

I bet there are a lot of kickers that could kick it down somewhere between the 15 and 10, with enough hang-time to force a fair catch or have coverage there to make the stick for little or no return.

The main thing about it that makes it retarded is that they kicked off from the 35 not that long ago, and the NFL moved it back to reduce touchbacks and add more excitement to the kickoff.

So why change it AGAIN? It's like they don't have a fucking clue what is really best for the sport, they're changing too much shit around too fast. Football really wasn't broke so I don't know why they're trying to fix it.

Teams will kick away..........boring football

Why not just spot it on the 20 and be done with it?

I'm tired of everyone fucking crying like babies because they moved the kick-off up five yards. Waaaaaaaaah, it's taking an exciting play away from the game, waaaaaaah!

Bullshit. Once teams realize they can now kick it off with a high arc, they'll be trying to pin teams inside the 10, and that'll be every bit as exciting, and then some. :thup:

High arc.....ha, ha.

When I was playing that was called a bad kick.

You can do that with a punt but not kick-offs. You're liable to kick it to one of the up-men and he'll rumble to the 50.

Teams will kick away..........boring football

Why not just spot it on the 20 and be done with it?

Because late in the season the air gets colder and the kicks won't travel as far.

That means more run-backs.

What I've seen is most kicks going almost to the back of the endzone. Late in the game when you need a score you could run those back. Later in the season the kickers will rarely kick over the back line of the endzone in colder climates.

They did a statistical analysis about injuries and discovered that most injuries happen during kickoffs and punt coverage.

Conclusion:

More of your best players could be used in kick-off coverage. Fewer run-backs means fewer injuries and so you'll keep your best players longer into the season.

Sorry if fans think it's boring.

Last edited:

High arc.....ha, ha.

When I was playing that was called a bad kick.

You can do that with a punt but not kick-offs. You're liable to kick it to one of the up-men and he'll rumble to the 50.

When you played? :lmao:

The only thing you've ever tackled is a bucket of extra tasty crispy, the only thing you've ever thrown is a tantrum, and the only thing you've ever caught is a bad case of the sniffles.

The games I watched the ball ends up 5 to 8 yds deep in the end zone. Those that were run back came out to maybe the 23

Not very exciting. After a touchdown, you now get a boring extra point followed by a boring kickoff.

Good time to get a beer and make a sandwich. You won't miss anything

New Topics

Forum List

Back