quick question for those claiming that because Trump isnt President anymore he couldnt declassify stuff in his possession

I'm asking YOU, because YOU made the claim.

How do you know the documents weren't in Mar a Lago a week, possibly a month, before Biden to the Oath?

Your claim he took them AFTER he was no longer president is far fetched and ridiculous.
You want to play a game, rather than read the articles I posted which tell everything one needs to know about the protocols and procedures considering declassifying documents .

I do not have time for your false games.

Read the articles and learn how the government of the United States actually works.

The National Archives would not have demanded all of those documents returned if they had been properly declassified before he left office.

Call the National Archives since you did not care to read my posts about it and trust what the article said.
Here is what pertains to ex presidents holding records.:

“the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.”

“the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.”
He HAS to do that in coordination with the Archives.

He did not

You want to play a game, rather than read the articles I posted which tell everything one needs to know about the protocols and procedures considering declassifying documents .

I do not have time for your false games.

Read the articles and learn how the government of the United States actually works.

The National Archives would not have demanded all of those documents returned if they had been properly declassified before he left office.

You're deflecting from my question.

WHEN did those documents arrive a Mar a Lago.

YOU claim they weren't' moved til after Biden took the Oath.

I claim you don't have a clue when they were moved,

And that has nothing to do with removing classified documents without properly declassifying them before leaving office.

It doesn’t matter.

He was in violation of the PRA and the statutes mention in the warrant merely for HAVING them

Lies won't fix this, Godboy. The WH has a big warehouse where furnishings are stored including. China, crystal etc. It changes depending on what a president chooses to use. Hillary didn't steal anything. It's an old, tired lie for dupes like you.
The Clintons didnt take furniture from a "warehouse". They stole it right out of the White House.

There is no such thing as a standing order to reclassify top secret documents.

It would be in writing, the procedure to reclassify the documents throughout the government system holding these documents, to reclassify and MARK THEM DECLASSIFIED, so that all people in government know their new status.

Was this ever done?

First trump had no top secret marked documents....well that was not true...

Then it was the FBI PLANTED top secret documents in their search....but trump slipped, or his son slipped up and told us their close circuit security cameras were running the whole time, so they had to stop lying about documents being planted...

And now it is John Soloman claiming there was a standard order of declassification if he brought them to his whitehouse residence..... :rolleyes:

:th_believecrap:

Show us this standard order, and show us the procedure put in place to remark the top secret classified documents in the govt system to DECLASSIFIED and Trump's signature and date, he declassified them, on the REQUIRED MARKINGS.
I suggest you research the subject of POTUS declassification before running your ignorant yap.

Trump hasn't had access to the WH since Biden was sworn in.

There is no procedure. What …you think the President has to get a pencil pusher’s permission to declassify records? He doesn’t.
That's correct. He can declassify a document at will. But that decision has to be communicated. It is not the document that is classified, it is the information it contains. So by declassifying that information, all documents containing that information have to be examined and declassified. It does not happen in a vacuum.

And Trump said he would prosecute Hillary for all of this but did not. He was too busy tweeting and calling people names. So your argument boils down to the idea that the Democrats have followed through while Trump did not. Is that really a good argument?
Lol. My argument starts long before Trump was in office. But thanks for showing you do not understand.

Lol. My argument starts long before Trump was in office. But thanks for showing you do not understand.

I guess I do not. Trump promised to prosecute the wrong Hillary did (and I understand she did) but did not.

Biden did not do the same with Trump and now you are upset. What have I missed?

That's correct. He can declassify a document at will. But that decision has to be communicated. It is not the document that is classified, it is the information it contains. So by declassifying that information, all documents containing that information have to be examined and declassified. It does not happen in a vacuum.
Per his staff…he had a standing order that any documents he took with him were “ declassified”.

Do you think Trump snuck back into the white house after Biden was sworn in and took the stuff? If not then the simple fact remains that as President ANYTHING he wants can be declassified and all it takes is him to say so. No paper work no stamps just him saying it. So unless he snuck in after Biden was sworn in and took it then EVERYTHING he has and had was unclassified by the simple act of him taking it.
Where's the paper trail of declassification?

Forum List

Back