Quick Qst. on the Illegal Immigration Issue

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
I sincerely do not have an answer to the question nor do I have a "hidden agenda" for asking it.....But I'm curious:

Amid all the barrage of rhetoric regarding the halting of illegal immigration from the Mexican border, why hasn't any of the conservative candidates linked the curbing of these immigrants with ALSO the possible curbing of the tons of drugs that come across the same border?

I sincerely do not have an answer to the question nor do I have a "hidden agenda" for asking it.....But I'm curious:

Amid all the barrage of rhetoric regarding the halting of illegal immigration from the Mexican border, why hasn't any of the conservative candidates linked the curbing of these immigrants with ALSO the possible curbing of the tons of drugs that come across the same border?
Because drugs aren't as scary as more 'brown people' coming to America, speaking Spanish, and 'changing' the country.

End the war on drugs, and illegal immigration will slow definitely.

If you secure the border that helps control both.
it does, but if there's enough money in crossing the border you won't really be able to secure it. someone will always have the motivation to build the better mouse.
cutting off the monetary motivation would curb illegal immigration faster than building a wall.

it does, but if there's enough money in crossing the border you won't really be able to secure it. someone will always have the motivation to build the better mouse.
cutting off the monetary motivation would curb illegal immigration faster than building a wall.
You will never be able to totally stop either but right now neither party seems willing to even try.

You will never be able to totally stop either but right now neither party seems willing to even try.
i don't disagree. republicans are too in bed with businesses that hire illegal immigrants and democrats are too concerned with the well being of the immigrant

still, i have news for you... illegal immigration isn't a real problem.

i don't disagree. republicans are too in bed with businesses that hire illegal immigrants and democrats are too concerned with the well being of the immigrant

Depends on your point of view.

Recreational drugs should be legal.

Illegal invaders should not be legal.

So you don't think that flooding the jobs market with low skilled people who will work for pennies on the dollar is not a problem?

You don't think that those same people utilizing public resources is also a problem?

I think that is a silly statement.

Because it is rhetoric and they don't actually want to do anything.

If they wanted real change then they might broach the topic but there wouldn't be any opposition therefore no rhetoric (and they would have to actually draft legislation).

So you don't think that flooding the jobs market with low skilled people who will work for pennies on the dollar is not a problem?

You don't think that those same people utilizing public resources is also a problem?

it's not a real problem. if there's 14 million illegal immigrants that's what, about 4% of the population?
how many of them are really a drain on society?
i guess i should have said it's not an important problem.

If they wanted real change then they might broach the topic but there wouldn't be any opposition therefore no rhetoric (and they would have to actually draft legislation).

In fairness, legislation is exactly what Obama has been calling for ever since he issue his EO......As someone else stated, politicians are too beholden to the very same businesses that hire illegals....therefore, we get the rhetoric without substance.

I agree......On some other threads conservatives have made illegal immigration the MAIN problem facing our nation....which is BS.

Given that the crucial problems are much tougher to remedy, it has always been easier by candidates to demagogue (as Trump has done) the racial undertones that illegal immigrants are tantamount to the end of our economy...which, again, is total BS.

it's not a real problem. if there's 14 million illegal immigrants that's what, about 4% of the population?

Every student that we, in Illinois, spend about $12,000 on each per year to educate.

Every student that we, in Illinois, spend about $12,000 on each per year to educate.
How many are illegal?

How many are illegal?

Every illegal student is illegal.

most education is paid for with property taxes. do you somehow think that illegal immigrants avoid paying property taxes?

Forum List

Back