Quiche

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
So I made the crustless quiche a few weeks ago.
Last night, I made a regular quiche with a crust for my 84 y.o. mom and her 93 y.o. sister to have for breakfast this morning.

I'm kind of pissed because the crust bubbled up even though I did poke it a thousand times with a fork, and I did bake it a little before filling it.

I filled it with:

a layer of shredded cheese, I used some sharp cheddar and a little mozzarella and maybe a few grates of parmesan.
Then a layer of diced, cooked bacon.

6 eggs beat until smooth
add 1 cup of milk only I used half/half
beat that until it's nice and smooth
add salt, pepper, thyme or whatever to taste
Pour it into the pie crust
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes

the middle will be jiggly when you take it out that's okay it will continue cooking, just leave it alone for a few minutes.

OMG! You didn't? Here is your card!!!

iu

;)

iu

;)
Stop that!
I was taught to make custard and quiche because we had cows and chickens and ducks and goats.

I am NOT a democrat and it's libel to say I am!!! I want everybody to know I am not now, nor have I ever been, a democrat.

It's almost as bad as being called a pedophile. Actually, kind of the same thing. I want to poke you in the nose.

iu

;)
Stop that!
I was taught to make custard and quiche because we had cows and chickens and ducks and goats.

I am NOT a democrat and it's libel to say I am!!! I want everybody to know I am not now, nor have I ever been, a democrat.

It's almost as bad as being called a pedophile. Actually, kind of the same thing. I want to poke you in the nose.

No worries..
The Wife and I make Quiche on occasion.
I consider it a scramble baked in a pan. We also make Frittatas.

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!
I'm not asking you to eat strawberries and cream fer fucks sake!!!
Make a Frittata with Jalapenos,white onions,a light cheddar and some Barbacoa or some Chorizo!
If that aint man enough you can add some Carolina Reaper!

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!
Make a Frittata with Jalapenos,white onions,a light cheddar and some Barbacoa or some Chorizo!
I like strawberries and cream! Bon bons too!

iu

;)
Stop that!

You wouldn't really poke me in the noney would you?

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!
Any "man" who even uses the word "Frittata", I have my suspicions about.

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

YOU PUSSY!!!!!

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

Wait a minute...You have something against omelets?

Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

YOU PUSSY!!!!!
That's it. I'm telling Lucy!

Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

All kidding aside I make what I think is an excellent omelet. I made one today. Three eggs spread over the bottom of the pan cooked for about a minute. One slice of cheese broke up and placed on it. Then after about another minute I top one side of the eggs with chopped up ham, tomatoes, onion, bacon, and a jalapeno, all mixed up. Then I fold it over and cook for a little longer. Very good!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

All kidding aside I make what I think is an excellent omelet. I made one today. Three eggs spread over the bottom of the pan cooked for about a minute. One slice of cheese broke up and placed on it. Then after about another minute I top one side of the eggs with chopped up ham, tomatoes, onion, bacon, and a jalapeno, all mixed up. Then I fold it over and cook for a little longer. Very good!

I'm a big fan of omelets,frittatas and quiche.
For me and the Wife the more complicated the better! It's a great way to spend a Saturday or Friday morning!
While breakfast cooks we ponder on what to cook for dinner.

So I made the crustless quiche a few weeks ago.
Last night, I made a regular quiche with a crust for my 84 y.o. mom and her 93 y.o. sister to have for breakfast this morning.

I'm kind of pissed because the crust bubbled up even though I did poke it a thousand times with a fork, and I did bake it a little before filling it.

I filled it with:

a layer of shredded cheese, I used some sharp cheddar and a little mozzarella and maybe a few grates of parmesan.
Then a layer of diced, cooked bacon.

6 eggs beat until smooth
add 1 cup of milk only I used half/half
beat that until it's nice and smooth
add salt, pepper, thyme or whatever to taste
Pour it into the pie crust
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes

the middle will be jiggly when you take it out that's okay it will continue cooking, just leave it alone for a few minutes.

I make the crust for the quiche and then lay it out on a cutting board. I use a fork to poke holes in it. Then I flip the crust and poke holes all in it again. That gives more coverage and makes sure the holes completely penetrate the crust.

The parm adds a great flavor, doesn't it? This is a lot like my recipe, I think.

iu

;)
Stop that!

No worries..
Turn.in.your.man.card.

Holly shit Man!!!!

I made a tasty frittata once and laid it over a spead of corned beef hash. Fed the entire family and was excellent. A little goat cheese adds a sharp tang to it too. One of my kids doesn't like hot peppers, so it was mild.

Forum List

Back