Question: What would you do if your pharmacy gave you too many pills?

Why does everything have to be complicated? Call the pharmacy let them know and be done with it. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

I had my medicine filled Saturday and I don't usually count them, but this morning I did and I think they gave me like 3 or 4 too many. Should I let them know? I don't want to get someone in trouble, but I am sure they will eventually find out they are short on the medicine at some point.

Check to see on the label if any "refills" are authorized.. Because you can just suggest they short the next refill.. Dont think anyone is in trouble here.

Yeah I am not into marijuana, but if it were legal, and if I could get it as a prescription I would use it instead of what I get now. I've just never had this happen.
Break the law or move.
I've been doing it over 40 years- probably what's kept me alive.
That's me a month ago in the avatar...do I look 58 ?
If you aren't going to stick to the topic and be serious, don't post.

"What would you do if your pharmacy gave you too many pills?"
If it's a small neighborhood pharmacy, I might inform them discreetly about it, but a big corporation like Walmart or CVS that buys pills in large quantities, I'm sure their is a fairly liberal margin of error on the pill counts, unless some red flags start showing up, in which case they could likely back-track to the guilty employee.
CVS miscounted my heart medication and they shorted me by 61 tablets. I was supposed to get 90 and got 29. That was taken very seriously. A difference of less than 5 pills is nothing. Tell them so their count will be correct. No pharmacy takes any medication back. The vet won't even take dog or cat medication back.

I had my medicine filled Saturday and I don't usually count them, but this morning I did and I think they gave me like 3 or 4 too many. Should I let them know? I don't want to get someone in trouble, but I am sure they will eventually find out they are short on the medicine at some point.

Check to see on the label if any "refills" are authorized.. Because you can just suggest they short the next refill.. Dont think anyone is in trouble here.

It is supposed to be just a 10 day bridge prescription because they had to reschedule my appointment, but the amount is clearly on the label. So there shouldn't be any refills, I'll just get new ones at my next appointment.

They would just subtract them from you on the refill unless they are inventory nazis. My grandmother used to get loaner pills from the pharmacy fairly regularly when her prescriptions ran out on her blood pressure or diabetes medicine and the pharmacy couldn't get hold of the doctor's office to do a new one. They would just pay themselves back out of the refill once the prescriptions came through.

Yeah I am not into marijuana, but if it were legal, and if I could get it as a prescription I would use it instead of what I get now. I've just never had this happen.
Break the law or move.

If it's a small neighborhood pharmacy, I might inform them discreetly about it, but a big corporation like Walmart or CVS that buys pills in large quantities, I'm sure their is a fairly liberal margin of error on the pill counts, unless some red flags start showing up, in which case they could likely back-track to the guilty employee.
CVS miscounted my heart medication and they shorted me by 61 tablets. I was supposed to get 90 and got 29. That was taken very seriously. A difference of less than 5 pills is nothing. Tell them so their count will be correct. No pharmacy takes any medication back. The vet won't even take dog or cat medication back.

Are you sure they miscounted? Walgreens was pretty regular offenders with my grandparents of charging for the whole refill, shorting you because they allegedly didn't have enough pills and then making them (i.e. me the errand boy) come back in a second time to get the rest of the pills. It was part of their system to make sure they always had ample supplies to fill nursing home and mail order bulk orders by shorting walk-ins on their full refill.

They would just subtract them from you on the refill unless they are inventory nazis. My grandmother used to get loaner pills from the pharmacy fairly regularly when her prescriptions ran out on her blood pressure or diabetes medicine and the pharmacy couldn't get hold of the doctor's office to do a new one. They would just pay themselves back out of the refill once the prescriptions came through.
Blood pressure and diabetes medicines;

I am guessing chocolate-covered, cream-filled doughnuts just missed the cut, coming in at # 8 :razz:

I am guessing chocolate-covered, cream-filled doughnuts just missed the cut, coming in at # 8 :razz:

Chocolate is actually supposed to be heart healthy.

You can buy Cacao powder - supposed to be a 'superfood' - a lot of magnesium, like spinach. It tastes real bitter ( like dark chocolate) , but I mix it in with protein drinks, banana berry smoothies or whatever. CVS has it.
1595825852789.png

Beet juice is good if you get a"Juice man".

You can buy Cacao powder - supposed to be a 'superfood' - a lot of magnesium, like spinach. It tastes real bitter ( like dark chocolate) , but I mix it in with protein drinks, banana berry smoothies or whatever. CVS has it.
View attachment 367742

I can't do anything very bitter. I can't even drink coffee or eat dark chocolate. Just that damn DNA of taste buds.

Break the law or move.

Are you sure they miscounted? Walgreens was pretty regular offenders with my grandparents of charging for the whole refill, shorting you because they allegedly didn't have enough pills and then making them (i.e. me the errand boy) come back in a second time to get the rest of the pills. It was part of their system to make sure they always had ample supplies to fill nursing home and mail order bulk orders by shorting walk-ins on their full refill.
I don't know how paying for the pills went since there is no copay.

It is supposed to be just a 10 day bridge prescription because they had to reschedule my appointment, but the amount is clearly on the label. So there shouldn't be any refills, I'll just get new ones at my next appointment.

Well that probably explains it all.. Often my prescription gets held up, even if it's on "doctor call-in".. They issue a standard amount as a gap and SUBTRACT them from the next refill..

Well that probably explains it all.. Often my prescription gets held up, even if it's on "doctor call-in".. They issue a standard amount as a gap and SUBTRACT them from the next refill..

I called and they were like what? You got too many? Then they asked the pharmacist and he said just not to worry about it. Seems odd since they are such hard asses about anything controlled. I had refilled meds Friday and they wouldn't just fill it then, saying it is dated 7-25. I told them I had plans Saturday and it would save me a lot of trouble since they closed at 2 that day. They said they absolutely could not because it was controlled. Yet they give me too many and it was like, "Forget about it."
1595875864558.png

Forum List

Back