Zone1 Question for Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, you're a USMB thread cop. A thankless job, I'm sure, but you're living the dream! :113:
the more you idiots talk the more you prove youre idiots,,,

if I was a USMB cop the reports would come to me, not me reporting it to the cops,,,

obama told us if you see something say something,, just doing what obama told us to do,,

Seriously guys! All the rule simply states is that you have to put three sentences in the OP. It doesn't say what the sentences have to say.

You could talk about a flying spaghetti monster in one of them and still have it relate to the topic. In fact maybe I should start getting creative with it like that as my "this is a sentence" thing will get boring pretty quickly if I use it all the time when I can't think of anything else to say for some of my topics.

Seriously guys! All the rule simply states is that you have to put three sentences in the OP. It doesn't say what the sentences have to say.

You could talk about a flying spaghetti monster in one of them and still have it relate to the topic. In fact maybe I should start getting creative with it like that as my "this is a sentence" thing will get boring pretty quickly if I use it all the time when I can't think of anything else to say for some of my topics.
Then why is it only enforced for conservatives?

Then why is it only enforced for conservatives?

I don't know, but as long as we have it, might as well have fun with it. In other words, if you can't beat em, join them,.. while trolling them (in a good funny way) in the process. :p

Several dozen? Hardly! The few you reported that I just went and checked - from April 2020, April 2023, and a few more recent but before the rules were consolidated. If you were to put the energy you use complaining about how unfair it is that we dare enforce rules into your opening posts, we wouldn't be where we are today with you starting this thread.
Do I get $10 put into my PayPal for every 2023 OP violating your rule yet allowed to stand because X posted it?

Thread 'Americans hate Donald Trump'
Americans hate Donald Trump

Thread 'Tara Reade defects to Russia'
Tara Reade defects to Russia

Thread 'Heat to soar to record levels in next 5 years.'
Heat to soar to record levels in next 5 years.

Several dozen? Hardly! The few you reported that I just went and checked - from April 2020, April 2023, and a few more recent but before the rules were consolidated. If you were to put the energy you use complaining about how unfair it is that we dare enforce rules into your opening posts, we wouldn't be where we are today with you starting this thread.
3 sentences in the OP is the least of this forums problems,,

The title and sentence rule changes were in the "old" thread about the clean start rule. Instead of having half a page of various stickied threads about rules, they were consolidated.

For those that don't like having to think and state their opinion when starting a thread, the answer is very simple: Don't start a thread! Three sentences isn't asking for much at all. That isn't even enough to form a correct paragraph. We have started cracking down on "hit and run" threads that don't follow the rules.
I’ve been here since 2013, have 84,110 messages and this is the first time I’ve heard of this 3 sentence requirement.

you do know youre currently violating zone one rules by going off topic with personal attacks??
That's a good bootlicker. :itsok: You personally attacked me first, remember?
so youre one of those racist obama haters
:oops8:
Perhaps it is a suffering from an affliction where the mind resets every 10 seconds. If that is what ails you, my condolences. :itsok:

Thanks. But obviously selective in enforcing.
Yes. But I doubt most of it is truly deliberate. Just a matter of who sees what when due to a few mods and 7,000 posts+ a day, but I know at times it doesn't seem that way when you are the one that gets smacked.

I reported several dozen afterwards and nothing.
I know. Flacc told me long ago that it can take up to six hours for mods to get around to all things. It can be frustrating. Easy solution to obviate the whole matter: just start OPs with 3 or more sentences (easy) and just don't worry about the rest.

When did this new rule occur and where does it state this?
Asking for a friend.
Because 1/2 the OP’s in that forum violate this rule, yet remain not locked.
View attachment 799354
I would interpret it as you would need at least 3 components/elements of an op.

So some of the article posted, a link to the article, your input and thoughts to that topic/article, and a conclusion for then others to discuss. And each bit not just a few words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back