Question For Liberals #2

Is Hillary a racist, or is she correct about many of these minority kids being super predators?

• As a liberal, I say Hillary is a racist.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • As a liberal, I say many young minority kids are super predators.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Non-liberal checking in.

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Continuing the QFLS, we have our next question for liberals. Hillary Clinton called many minority kids on the street "super predators." Was she correct to call out these minorities for being monsters, or is she racist?

Question For Liberals Series

Question For Liberals #1

Maybe if you posted exactly what she said in context, instead of how you are characterizing it.

Funny, I never remember Obama continuing to bash Romney or McCain a year after the election...

Or Bush bashing Gore or Kerry.

Or Clinton bashing Bush Sr. or Dole.

Funny, I never remember Obama continuing to bash Romney or McCain a year after the election.

Dude, he spent the first two years in office constantly bashing Bush saying he was just cleaning up his mess, making jokes about sweeping with a broom and such. Now out of office, he still won't shut up about Trump.

What is he going to bash Romney about, about his being right about Russia being our greatest existential threat? Or maybe bash McCain for being a war prisoner? Trump got bashed just for saying he likes people better to be winners rather than losers. He was making a general philosophical statement and it was spun into a personal attack against McCain.

Maybe if you posted exactly what she said in context, instead of how you are characterizing it.

You mean that I'm framing it how it is and not in whatever pretend terms you want to make up? Hillary was clear that many of these kids on the streets are super predators. That's not even debatable in terms of what she said. You either agree or disagree or hide away and cry in your case.

Dude, he spent the first two years in office constantly bashing Bush saying he was just cleaning up his mess, making jokes about sweeping with a broom and such. Now out of office, he still won't shut up about Trump.

Okay, go back and read what I said. He didn't spend two years talking about the guy he beat. None of them did, because it lacks class and decency.

You've heard of those, right?

You mean that I'm framing it how it is and not in whatever pretend terms you want to make up? Hillary was clear that many of these kids on the streets are super predators. That's not even debatable in terms of what she said. You either agree or disagree or hide away and cry in your case.

Then why don't you quote what she actually said, in context? That would seem pretty simple.

Okay, go back and read what I said. He didn't spend two years talking about the guy he beat. None of them did, because it lacks class and decency.

You've heard of those, right?

Then why don't you quote what she actually said, in context? That would seem pretty simple.

Obama and decency; nah, not a match. He's an arrogant s.o.b. who has unscrupulously enriched himself; but that's not the argument at hand.

I don't know how you think I've mischaracterized Clinton's position on super predators. I think her comment was pretty straight forward. If you think otherwise, that's on you to explain and not for me to guess.

I don't know how you think I've mischaracterized Clinton's position on super predators. I think her comment was pretty straight forward. If you think otherwise, that's on you to explain and not for me to guess.

Why don't you quote what she said instead of how you want to characterize it. Then we can have a discussion. But you don't really want a discussion, you want a distraction from how badly you all fucked up putting the Orange Shitgibbon in office.

Why don't you quote what she said instead of how you want to characterize it. Then we can have a discussion. But you don't really want a discussion, you want a distraction from how badly you all fucked up putting the Orange Shitgibbon in office.

You can quote whatever you want. You've still made no valid case of me mischaracterizing her. Again, her statement was pretty straight forward. Your blanket denials and your little song and dance is cute but does nothing to refute my OP.

You can quote whatever you want. You've still made no valid case of me mischaracterizing her. Again, her statement was pretty straight forward. Your blanket denials and your little song and dance is cute but does nothing to refute my OP.

You are the one who is too chickenshit to provide her original quote.

"But we also have to have an organized effort against gangs," Hillary Clinton said in a C-SPAN video clip. "Just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

The full context of this incident does link children and superpredators, but nowhere in the speech does she directly label African-American youth this way.

You are the one who is too chickenshit to provide her original quote.

"But we also have to have an organized effort against gangs," Hillary Clinton said in a C-SPAN video clip. "Just as in a previous generation we had an organized effort against the mob. We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels, they are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators — no conscience, no empathy. We can talk about why they ended up that way, but first, we have to bring them to heel."

The full context of this incident does link children and superpredators, but nowhere in the speech does she directly label African-American youth this way.

Right before that she was talking about putting cops on the streets and taking on these street menaces. That's the broader context. She is talking about the criminal elements nationally and she talks about it on a street level. Who are these people she speaks of in overwhelming numbers? Don't kid yourself, this was directly speaking of minorities, African Americans quite included. Young African American men quite included. Now, I'm not even saying she's wrong. But the reason you have to pretend it's something else is because:

Liberals aren't allowed to call out the piss-poor state of the black urban communities in this nation. This kind of rhetoric is what your ilk have irrationally deemed "racist," to appease a shitty constituency.

And let's bring this back to your shitty argument. You have claimed that I have tried to make Hillary sound racist. I just told you that I can make an argument that at least as far as this quote is concerned, she is not being racist. So, you made a dumb assumption about what I was arguing in the first place. So, if that's the not the case, then the second option applies: that is she is referring to many young minority kids being super predators. It's an either/or supposition regardless of your spin. So, I trust you'll be voting for the second option without further delay.

Right before that she was talking about putting cops on the streets and taking on these street menaces. That's the broader context. She is talking about the criminal elements nationally and she talks about it on a street level. Who are these people she speaks of in overwhelming numbers? Don't kid yourself, this was directly speaking of minorities, African Americans quite included. Young African American men quite included. Now, I'm not even saying she's wrong. But the reason you have to pretend it's something else is because:

Point was, you claimed she was talking about blacks,and she didn't mention race at ll.

So you lied.

Point was, you claimed she was talking about blacks,and she didn't mention race at ll.

So you lied.

Look at the poll question. Do you see blacks anywhere in it?

Derp! :gay:

But in the course of discussion I've admitted that she was referring to blacks in part. Only a moron would pretend otherwise.

Forum List

Back