Question about Nicodemis

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
Recently I heard in a bible discussion that Nicodemus (a rich guy) paid for Jesus' burial, but then I also know as the story goes Jesus was raised from the dead and when the guards moved the stone he was not there. So do we know where Nicodemus buried Jesus? And did Jesus visit Nicodemis after raising from the dead?

I don't know if he was actually a follower of Jesus, just a sympathizer. Jesus probably thought kindly of him. But can you imagine how the other priests would have reacted if Nicodemus had exclaimed that he saw Jesus alive again? They probably would have stoned him to death.

Yes we do. The Church of the Holy Sepulcher sits on the site of where Jesus Christ was buried.

There is no record of Jesus meeting with Nick after His resurrection, but I'm sure He let Nick know that He was no longer in need of the tomb.

The gaurds did not move the stone from the tomb's door - it was opened by angels.

One legend had it that Nick and Lazarus of Bethany - whom Jesus had raised from the dead - went to England to spread the gospel there - but that is unconfirmed.

Nicodemus? Isn't that Nastrodomus' cousin who predicted none of this is really happening?

Recently I heard in a bible discussion that Nicodemus (a rich guy) paid for Jesus' burial, but then I also know as the story goes Jesus was raised from the dead and when the guards moved the stone he was not there. So do we know where Nicodemus buried Jesus? And did Jesus visit Nicodemis after raising from the dead?
he created nicotine which has enslaved more people than religion

I always liked Nicodemus. Jesus showed him respect by referring to him as a Master in Israel. He asked thought provoking questions that I am sure many wondered about.

I always liked Nicodemus. Jesus showed him respect by referring to him as a Master in Israel. He asked thought provoking questions that I am sure many wondered about.

Nick was the first person every hear John 3:16.

Jesus quoted this to him " John 3:16 means For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

The guards watched them while they wrapped and buried Jesus. And the guards stood at the entrance of the tomb. The tomb that Jesus was buried in was a tomb that you have to step down into. But a flat carved stone was placed on top of the entrance.
Everyone thinks that it was a cave that they placed a huge boulder in front of the entrance. But women who were going to visit the body will be having to break their back to push the huge boulder from the entrance. and the angel that rested upon the rock would have to be very tall.

But as for Nicodemus. In order to be accepted. You have to be willing to suffer at the point of death.

Matthew 10:32
“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven.

John 3
Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council. He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.” Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” ...

Matthew 7:21

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matthew 9:15
Jesus answered, “How can the guests of the bridegroom mourn while he is with them? The time will come when the bridegroom will be taken from them; then they will fast.

Matthew 10:38
Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

John 15:25
But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: ‘They hated me without reason.’

Psalm 69:4
Those who hate me without reason outnumber the hairs of my head; many are my enemies without cause, those who seek to destroy me. I am forced to restore what I did not steal.

John 15:18
“If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

Romans 8:17
Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Exodus 12:13
The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

Revelation 7:14
I answered, “Sir, you know.” And he said, “These are they who have come out of the great tribulation; they have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Hebrews 9:22
In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness.

Hebrews 12:4
In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood.

01.jpg

possessed.gif

Forum List

Back