Question About Alerts

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
Why do I get alerts about posters I don't even know starting threads every so often. Sometimes I've seen the poster before but more often than not, I have no idea why I was alerted about their thread.

I know I'm not following them, I deleted everyone that I am following but still getting the alerts?

Help?

This won't seem very helpful, probably, but I used to get e-mails everytime a poster replied to a thread I'd read or contributed to. Finally I found a place deep in my Contact Details or Alert Preferences where I could uncheck it and they stopped. Can't remember exactly where I found it. I'm a computer idiot. Keep exploring.

Why do I get alerts about posters I don't even know starting threads every so often. Sometimes I've seen the poster before but more often than not, I have no idea why I was alerted about their thread.

I know I'm not following them, I deleted everyone that I am following but still getting the alerts?

Help?
i get them if someone either answers a post i made or if that post is quoted by someone even if they are not directly answering it....or if my name is mentioned...

If you are watching a Forum, you will get the alerts on new threads posted in that Forum, no?

Help?
i get them if someone either answers a post i made or if that post is quoted by someone even if they are not directly answering it....or if my name is mentioned...
It doesn't say someone quoted my post, it says that person has created a new thread. I don't know this person and I've gotten 4 alerts today that he's created threads.

Hollywood celibrite and plus englishmen. I see you're avatar. You are Clinton supporter I have seen now youre picture under youre post.

Help?

Something happened to me with alerts, not like yours though. I was getting alerts for other peoples' posts, threads that I wasn't following, threads that I'd not even posted in.

This was put right by me turning off ALL alerts and then I waited several hours, then went and restored my alerts and the problem was solved.

Maybe if you attempted this, turning off ALL alerts etc.

If you click "watch thread" it will alert you even if you don't post in the thread and are not following anyone. Could you have glanced at a thread and clicked watch thread ?

Help?
It doesn't say someone quoted my post, it says that person has created a new thread. I don't know this person and I've gotten 4 alerts today that he's created threads.

People in the thread pretty much gave the best answer. Go to the very top of any page. Look for your name, avie and select "alert settings".. If the alert box is checked for "watched forums" uncheck it OR

To the left of the screen -- you'll see a list of choices that include "watched forums".. Go in an prune the ones for which you DONT want to get alerts.

See if that works.

Forum List

Back