Question about a closed thread.

Andylusion

Platinum Member
Jan 23, 2014
Central Ohio
I'm not sure where I am to post, to get feed back from the moderators.
I am simply looking for clarification, because I spent a ton of time making a post, only to have it closed.

If this is not where I can get feedback, then tell me where.

Biden Website: immigration

An OP is to be 3-4 paragraphs, link, and content. Closed.

I am unsure what the issue is. Are they complaining that I posted too much? Or that I posted too little?

It seems odd that I would be limited on how much I can post in as an OP for a thread, when I can post a dozen paragraphs in response to other people's threads.

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

I did that. The first link is where all, but the one single news article reference is from.

I posted small sections, and then my response to those sections.

Is that the issue?

4201790-boom-in-before-the-lock.jpg.cf[1].jpg

I am simply looking for clarification, because I spent a ton of time making a post, only to have it closed.

I am unsure what the issue is. Are they complaining that I posted too much? Or that I posted too little?

It seems odd that I would be limited on how much I can post in as an OP for a thread, when I can post a dozen paragraphs in response to other people's threads.

Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

I did that. The first link is where all, but the one single news article reference is from.

Is that the issue?
Andy, hang in there. You'll catch on, and Kat gives good advice to whoever asks her for help. :thup:

Is that the issue?
Andy, hang in there. You'll catch on, and Kat gives good advice to whoever asks her for help. :thup:

I'm not worried about it.... but I'm not going to spend an hour making a thread, to have it closed in 2 posts. I just need clarification of what exactly I did wrong, or I can just avoid making threads from here on. Either way. Doesn't bother me.

Is that the issue?

I'm not worried about it.... but I'm not going to spend an hour making a thread, to have it closed in 2 posts. I just need clarification of what exactly I did wrong, or I can just avoid making threads from here on. Either way. Doesn't bother me.
Frustrating isn’t it?

Is that the issue?

Frustrating isn’t it?

Generally when my posts are sanctioned, I typically understand and accept the reason. I know what I did, and I just take my beating.

But this one, I really couldn't figure out what the issue was, and if it had been a 5-minute post, I would have just moved on. But I spent almost an hour reading what was on Biden's site, and typing out my responses.

So, yeah I don't want to spend time on something again, only to have it closed. I need a valid reason, or I'll just avoid posting threads. I'll let other people take the hit.

Is that the issue?

Frustrating isn’t it?

Generally when my posts are sanctioned, I typically understand and accept the reason. I know what I did, and I just take my beating.

But this one, I really couldn't figure out what the issue was, and if it had been a 5-minute post, I would have just moved on. But I spent almost an hour reading what was on Biden's site, and typing out my responses.

So, yeah I don't want to spend time on something again, only to have it closed. I need a valid reason, or I'll just avoid posting threads. I'll let other people take the hit.
A similar thing happened to me this past week. I have zero idea why, or who removed it. It was just taken down, an anonymous "?" mod (not usual for USMB) took it out and blathered something about it that didn't make sense to me, and I did nothing because we're not allowed to question mods with the threat of being removed from membership, with a total banning or partial one. When in doubt, best just to keep it close to the chest, reread whatever you have left of the post, and try to figure out what might have resulted in a disciplinary removal of the thread. I couldn't remember what I said exactly, and I didn't send a copy of my op to my file, so I have no idea what I said or did that had my post removed.

I do have more than one posters who harass me by trolling my posts, but I just put them on ignore and don't think about them any more when that happens consistently. It could be a troll has figured out how to do moderator removals. I have no idea. If it recurs by another unnamed moderator, I will try and find out if it is a moderator or someone from a Party Headquarters who invented the internet. :lmao: :dunno:

Is that the issue?

Frustrating isn’t it?

Seldom do I pen new threads relative to what I used to....your example is the reason why

Is that the issue?

Frustrating isn’t it?

Seldom do I pen new threads relative to what I used to....your example is the reason why
Or, we've got enough false OP nonsense already.

Forum List

Back