Q1 2019 watch - if under 3.0% - where is Trump’s economic miracle - can Trump beat O’s 2.9% ever?

AzogtheDefiler, post: 22819247
You ignored the fact that he lowered rates to the floor.

Obama didn’t lower rates. You are back to being an idiot so quickly,

He didn’t directly
LOL

You just fucking said he did. Dayum, you rightards are truly insane. :cuckoo:

How literal, Fawn. I restated what I meant.
Yeah, after you were shown what an idiot you were for making such a ridiculous comment. :badgrin:

So you believe the President has zero impact on the Fed? Now who is the idiot?

AzogtheDefiler, post: 22819247 Obama didn’t lower rates. You are back to being an idiot so quickly,

He didn’t directly
LOL

Yeah, after you were shown what an idiot you were for making such a ridiculous comment. :badgrin:

No, I said no such thing. You said, "he lowered rates to the floor," which is not possible since the "floor" was 0.25% and it was already lowered to that before he became president.

At least admit you're an idiot.

He didn’t directly
LOL

No, I said no such thing. You said, "he lowered rates to the floor," which is not possible since the "floor" was 0.25% and it was already lowered to that before he became president.

I restated what I meant. Mistakes happen. Look at you and your birth.

LOL

Hey, if I wasn't born, who would point out what an idiot you are for blaming Obama for rates that were set before he became president? :lmao:

Hey, if I wasn't born, who would point out what an idiot you are for blaming Obama for rates that were set before he became president? :lmao:

So he did or did not operate under low rates? That is what I meant.

LOLOLOLOL

Are you too stupid to convey what you mean?

You said, "he lowered rates to the floor"

Either he did or you're an imbecile. Which is it?

And how about Trump? His best quarter is 3.5% GDP growth ... the only president to never do better than that.

LOLOLOLOL

And how about Trump? His best quarter is 3.5% GDP growth ... the only president to never do better than that.

It’s been how many years? If you dislike Trump then why did you vote for him? I already told you that I meant he operated at rates lowered to the floor. Mistakes happen.

LOLOLOLOL

It’s been how many years? If you dislike Trump then why did you vote for him? I already told you that I meant he operated at rates lowered to the floor. Mistakes happen.
This is a forum of written words. I can only go by what you say. And what you said was that Obama lowered the rates. Which is beyond stupid since the rate was already at it's valley when he became president. And you only changed your idiotic position when you were called on it.

So what about trump being the only president who has not had GDP rise above 3.5%? That's a pretty shitty record, isn't it?

LOLOLOLOL

This is a forum of written words. I can only go by what you say. And what you said was that Obama lowered the rates. Which is beyond stupid since the rate was already at it's valley when he became president. And you only changed your idiotic position when you were called on it.

So what about trump being the only president who has not had GDP rise above 3.5%? That's a pretty shitty record, isn't it?
So the fact that I said it was a mistake means nothing? LOL

OK Mr. Perfect.

LOLOLOLOL

OK Mr. Perfect.
Not perfect, just better than you.

Regardless of your G-d given limitations.... 2½ years into trump's term ... 1½ years after his tax cuts ... the debt is up $2 trillion and GDP is has not been above 3.5% ... the only president to achieve that ...

united-states-gdp-growth.png

LOLOLOLOL

OK Mr. Perfect.
Not perfect, just better than you.

Regardless of your G-d given limitations.... 2½ years into trump's term ... 1½ years after his tax cuts ... the debt is up $2 trillion and GDP is has not been above 3.5% ... the only president to achieve that ...

united-states-gdp-growth.png

I agree. It is very disappointing.

• “We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Mr. Obama said at a news conference Tuesday. “It is critical that the other branches of government step up, and that’s why the economic recovery plan is so essential.” December 2008. See LINK below.
AzogtheDefiler, post: 2281927
He didn’t directly but he certainly pressured the Fed to do so by printing money and stating that we need to lower interest rates.

i don’t find any sources where Obama stated that the Fed needed to lower interest rates. Why would he? The rate was virtually at zero before he was inaugurated.

I must assume you are lying because I found Obana saying this in December 2008

““We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Obama, December 2008.​
Fed Cuts Key Rate to a Record Lows​
By​
EDMUND L. ANDREW​
and​
JACKIE CALMES​
DEC. 16, 2008

The move came as President-elect Barack Obama summoned his economic team to a four-hour meeting in Chicago to map out plans for an enormous economic stimulus measure that could cost anywhere from $600 billion to $1 trillion over the next two years.

The two huge economic stimulus programs, one from the Fed and one from the White House and Congress, set the stage for a powerful but potentially risky partnership between Mr. Obama and the Fed’s Republican chairman, Ben S. Bernanke.

“We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Mr. Obama said at a news conference Tuesday. “It is critical that the other branches of government step up, and that’s why the economic recovery plan is so essential.”
Photo
20081216_FED_GRAPHIC-popup.png

Financial markets were electrified by the Fed action. The Dow Jones industrial average jumped 4.2 percent, or 359.61 points, to close at 8,924.14..

Mr. Obama’s goal is to have a package ready when the new Congress convenes on Jan. 6. His hope is that the House and Senate, with their bigger Democratic majorities, can agree quickly on a plan for Mr. Obama to sign into law soon after he is sworn into office two weeks later.

The Fed, in a statement accompanying its rate decision, acknowledged that the recession was more severe than officials had thought at their last meeting in October.

“Over all, the outlook for economic activity has weakened further,” the central bank said.

“Labor market conditions have deteriorated, and the available data indicate that consumer spending, business investment and industrial production have declined.”

The central bank added: “The committee anticipates that weak economic conditions are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for some time.”

The Fed has already announced or outlined a range of unorthodox new tools that it can use to keep stimulating the economy once the federal funds rate effectively reaches zero. On Tuesday, Fed officials said they stood ready to expand them or create new ones to relieve bottlenecks in the credit markets.

All of the tools involve borrowing by the Fed, which amounts to printing money in vast new quantities, a process the Fed has already started. Since September, the Fed’s balance sheet has ballooned from about $900 billion to more than $2 trillion as it has created money and lent it out. As soon as the Fed completes its plans to buy mortgage-backed debt and consumer debt, the balance sheet will be up to about $3 trillion.

Fed Cuts Key Rate to a Record Low

Last edited:
  • “We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Mr. Obama said at a news conference Tuesday. “It is critical that the other branches of government step up, and that’s why the economic recovery plan is so essential.” December 2008. See LINK below.
He didn’t directly but he certainly pressured the Fed to do so by printing money and stating that we need to lower interest rates.

i don’t find any sources where Obama stated that the Fed needed to lower interest rates. Why would he? The rate was virtually at zero before he was inaugurated.

I must assume you are lying because I found Obana saying this in December 2008

““We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Obama, December 2008.​

Fed Cuts Key Rate to a Record Low.
By
EDMUND L. ANDREWS
and
JACKIE CALMES
DEC. 16, 2008​

The move came as President-elect Barack Obama summoned his economic team to a four-hour meeting in Chicago to map out plans for an enormous economic stimulus measure that could cost anywhere from $600 billion to $1 trillion over the next two years.

The two huge economic stimulus programs, one from the Fed and one from the White House and Congress, set the stage for a powerful but potentially risky partnership between Mr. Obama and the Fed’s Republican chairman, Ben S. Bernanke.

“We are running out of the traditional ammunition that’s used in a recession, which is to lower interest rates,” Mr. Obama said at a news conference Tuesday. “It is critical that the other branches of government step up, and that’s why the economic recovery plan is so essential.”
Photo
20081216_FED_GRAPHIC-popup.png

Financial markets were electrified by the Fed action. The Dow Jones industrial average jumped 4.2 percent, or 359.61 points, to close at 8,924.14..

Mr. Obama’s goal is to have a package ready when the new Congress convenes on Jan. 6. His hope is that the House and Senate, with their bigger Democratic majorities, can agree quickly on a plan for Mr. Obama to sign into law soon after he is sworn into office two weeks later.

The Fed, in a statement accompanying its rate decision, acknowledged that the recession was more severe than officials had thought at their last meeting in October.

“Over all, the outlook for economic activity has weakened further,” the central bank said.

“Labor market conditions have deteriorated, and the available data indicate that consumer spending, business investment and industrial production have declined.”

The central bank added: “The committee anticipates that weak economic conditions are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for some time.”

The Fed has already announced or outlined a range of unorthodox new tools that it can use to keep stimulating the economy once the federal funds rate effectively reaches zero. On Tuesday, Fed officials said they stood ready to expand them or create new ones to relieve bottlenecks in the credit markets.

All of the tools involve borrowing by the Fed, which amounts to printing money in vast new quantities, a process the Fed has already started. Since September, the Fed’s balance sheet has ballooned from about $900 billion to more than $2 trillion as it has created money and lent it out. As soon as the Fed completes its plans to buy mortgage-backed debt and consumer debt, the balance sheet will be up to about $3 trillion.

Fed Cuts Key Rate to a Record Low

Mistakes are not lies. What I meant was that he operated with cheaper monies than the current administration. Do you agree or disagree? I typed Erroneously, that doesn’t make it a lie. Why are you such an asshole?

AzogtheDefiler, post: 22819883
What I meant was that he operated with cheaper monies than the current administration.

Sure, mistakes happen, but your ‘correction’ contains the lie I’m talking about.

You said Obama was ‘pressuring and “stating that we need to lower interest rates”

It’s the “stating” I’m calling you out on a lie.

That’s one helluva typo when you go around typing that Obama’s “stated” something when you don’t have a source for that claim.

Obama didn’t “state” what you said he stated. That is a lie. You got caught. Sorry.

LOLOLOLOL

This is a forum of written words. I can only go by what you say.

Like when you said "QE was the lowering interest rates to 0.25%"? That was funny.

LOLOLOLOL

Like when you said "QE was the lowering interest rates to 0.25%"? That was funny.

He did not realize it was printing of money? Hmmm

LOLOLOLOL

Yes, I was wrong. Happens.

LOLOLOLOL

You're also a hypocrite. It happens.

:boohoo:

:boohoo:

Deny it all you want. You will 4ever be known as Faun the Hypocrite on this board.

images

Forum List

Back