Putin’s Russia looks increasingly desperate as Ukraine war nears stalemate, analysts say

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
With Russia’s invasion of Ukraine now approaching its fourth week, President Vladimir Putin’s forces have exerted brutal force and destruction on the eastern European nation, forcing people to flee and making millions homeless.

Russia’s economy is now creaking under the immense weight of international sanctions and the costs of war, having largely failed to achieve major military victories in Ukraine. Close watchers of Moscow, and Putin, say there are increasing signs of desperation in Russia’s military campaign and siege tactics.

“I don’t think Russia can win,” Kurt Volker, a former U.S. ambassador to NATO, told CNBC.

(Excerpt) Read more at

----------

Honestly I thought Russia would walk right through them. Seems like Russia is not the military power we were told it is.

Now CHINA, on the other hand is UNDOUBTEDLY WORSE than Russia, being able to THROW AWAY a MILLION PEOPLE to swarm all over whatever Resident Xiden’s good friend Xi wants to do....They are watching closely, and could very well TAKE OVER RUSSIA. after seeing the over 7,000 dead Russian soldiers and close to half a billion in military hardware lost..... Each Russian plane shot down is up to $50 million in cost!

With Russia’s invasion of Ukraine now approaching its fourth week, President Vladimir Putin’s forces have exerted brutal force and destruction on the eastern European nation, forcing people to flee and making millions homeless.

Russia’s economy is now creaking under the immense weight of international sanctions and the costs of war, having largely failed to achieve major military victories in Ukraine. Close watchers of Moscow, and Putin, say there are increasing signs of desperation in Russia’s military campaign and siege tactics.

“I don’t think Russia can win,” Kurt Volker, a former U.S. ambassador to NATO, told CNBC.

(Excerpt) Read more at

----------

Honestly I thought Russia would walk right through them. Seems like Russia is not the military power we were told it is.

Now CHINA, on the other hand is UNDOUBTEDLY WORSE than Russia, being able to THROW AWAY a MILLION PEOPLE to swarm all over whatever Resident Xiden’s good friend Xi wants to do....They are watching closely, and could very well TAKE OVER RUSSIA. after seeing the over 7,000 dead Russian soldiers and close to half a billion in military hardware lost..... Each Russian plane shot down is up to $50 million in cost!
I really don't know. Can Putin keep Russians from demanding any change long enough to use artillery and aircraft to murder enough Ukrainian civilians to cause the Ukrainians to just do whatever they have to do to prevent civilians being murdered? Will the West and Nato allow that to happen? I don't know.

Can Putin keep Russians from demanding any change long enough to use artillery and aircraft to murder enough Ukrainian civilians to cause the Ukrainians to just do whatever they have to do to prevent civilians being murdered?
The Russians aren't murdering anyone.
It's called collateral damage.

• Disagree
Reactions: xyz

(Excerpt) Read more at

----------

Then why is Zelensky begging for military help?

Then why is Zelensky begging for military help?

Oh, come on, good poster Hawk.
You know better.

Everybody knows better.

Russia's combined military = 1,450,000 active duty
Ukraine's combined military = 250,000 active duty

And a little nano-search on Google will reveal to you....and the forum.....the disparity in tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery, rocket batteries, ships, planes, railcars, fuel, ammunition.

Ukraine is David to Russia's Goliath.

No. Collateral damage is when you attack a military target and non-targeted individuals and/or structure are harmed. The Russian army is shelling civilian structure and people with no military value and no military target in sight.
Are they? Twinkle Toes Zelensky mobilized every male 18-60. If they are hiding or attacking from the same structures, they make themselves legitimate targets.

No. Collateral damage is when you attack a military target and non-targeted individuals and/or structure are harmed. The Russian army is shelling civilian structure and people with no military value and no military target in sight.
All it takes is for one Ukrainian insurgent with a sniper rifle shooting at Russian soldiers from a 3rd floor building window.
To make the structure a legitimate target for Russian tanks, artillery, and aircraft, to turn the building into a pile of rubble.

All it takes is for one Ukrainian insurgent with a sniper rifle shooting at Russian soldiers from a 3rd floor building window.
To make the structure a legitimate target for Russian tanks, artillery, and aircraft, to turn the building into a pile of rubble.
You and Rouge are turning back flips trying to justify the atrocities Putin is committing. You sound exactly like the apologists for Hitler back in the 40s. The next thing you will try to do is put a positive spin on the looting of private residences being done by the Russian soldiers. I guess no matter how dastardly a regime is it will always have it's sycophants.

You and Rouge are turning back flips trying to justify the atrocities Putin is committing.
Putin nor the Russian army have committed any intentional atrocities during the special military operation in Ukraine.
Putin has bent over backwards to conduct a very humanitarian campaign to liberate the Ukrainian people from the tyranny of Zelensky's criminal government.

Last edited:
1648411418106.png

You and Rouge are turning back flips trying to justify the atrocities Putin is committing. You sound exactly like the apologists for Hitler back in the 40s. The next thing you will try to do is put a positive spin on the looting of private residences being done by the Russian soldiers. I guess no matter how dastardly a regime is it will always have it's sycophants.
Get back to when you have convictions proven in a court of law. Otherwise you are nothing more than a two bit Ukrainian propagandist.

LOL. Coming from a two bit Russian propagandist makes that a pretty tame insult.
Expecting evidence and proof of claims is now propaganda? What world do you live in? You make accusations without even bothering to understand why you do it. How is Russia more of war criminals than the US? People need to think how these accusations are going to effect us, in the future, and possibly for our recent past. The US being hypocritical doesn't help our long term standing. Jumping on the bandwagon for instant gratification is childish and stupid.

Forum List

Back