Pussies On Parade (NBA)

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
All you need to know about sports in 2023...[from an ESPN story today]:

"DALLAS -- All-Star guard Kyrie Irving and four key Dallas Mavericks role players will sit out Friday night's home game against the Chicago Bulls, a game the Mavs must win to avoid being eliminated from the play-in scenario.

The team announced late Friday morning that Irving (right foot injury recovery), shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr. (left ankle soreness), small forward Josh Green (rest), and power forward/centers Maxi Kleber (right hamstring injury recovery) and Christian Wood (rest) would sit out against the Bulls, essentially for precautionary reasons."

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

"DALLAS -- All-Star guard Kyrie Irving and four key Dallas Mavericks role players will sit out Friday night's home game against the Chicago Bulls, a game the Mavs must win to avoid being eliminated from the play-in scenario.

The team announced late Friday morning that Irving (right foot injury recovery), shooting guard Tim Hardaway Jr. (left ankle soreness), small forward Josh Green (rest), and power forward/centers Maxi Kleber (right hamstring injury recovery) and Christian Wood (rest) would sit out against the Bulls, essentially for precautionary reasons."

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.
Who watches this crap?? Least diverse group on the planet! Where are Asians? Trans?

WTF NBA, it’s 2023, diverse or die

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.

I get what you're saying but what's the point of further injuring yourself in this scenario? Let's say they win and make the play in game but their best players cant play in it because they didnt allow them to heal. What's the point of that? The NBA plays too many games. Always has. The reality is the teams are making these decisions more so than the players. The players are a valuable asset to the teams they do not want break. Does anyone think the Mavs as currently constructed have any chance to do anything in the PO's assuming they win out and make the play in game? Yeah me either.

Used to be that players wanted to play every game. Maybe only sitting out the last game if playoff seedlings were locked in.

ThuggzBawl has been ruined by billionaire hobbyists. The baseball strike in the 1990's and the massive welfare that goes to team owners and their stadiums was the last pro game I watched in any sport, except parts of some golf games on Sundays and drag racing.

These players, were they not professional basketball players, would be playing playground ball for 4-5 hours, 5 evenings per week. I've seen it in person.

If you are not 100%, you play when it counts, and look to heal in the off-season. These players are a disgrace.

Un.

Fucking.

Believable.
I quit the NBA a long time ago
All 4 will be paid hundreds of thousands I am sure

Forum List

Back