CDZ Public Messages, Private Messages and Transparency

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Since when does anyone not have both a public and private story? Have you never said, "I shouldn't tell you this, but..?" Have you never said, "You didn't hear it from me, but....?" Have you never been part of a management team that has to craft a message to staff that isn't untrue, but also doesn't disclose all the information that is available? You've never sought to present bad news in as rosy a way as you can? Court settlements are often sealed so uninvolved parties can't obtain the details. Hell, making sure that "sealing" happens is more often the reason for settling instead of allow the matter to go to trial. CFOs don't disclose every financial detail to company employees or to the public. People don't disclose their salaries. Governments do not tell citizens about everything they do. Some instances of non-/incomplete disclosure are lawful, others aren't.

The fact of the matter is that in managing anything -- a company, a family, a non-profit or a government -- managers are not ever going to be fully transparent. The notion that there be no secrets is just preposterous. I bid the first person who has no secrets to raise their hand. People may say they have nothing to hide. To that I say, "BS! Everyone has something they don't want disclosed." The higher up the "food chain" one looks, the more secrets there are waiting to be found.

Since when does anyone not have both a public and private story? Have you never said, "I shouldn't tell you this, but..?" Have you never said, "You didn't hear it from me, but....?" Have you never been part of a management team that has to craft a message to staff that isn't untrue, but also doesn't disclose all the information that is available? You've never sought to present bad news in as rosy a way as you can? Court settlements are often sealed so uninvolved parties can't obtain the details. Hell, making sure that "sealing" happens is more often the reason for settling instead of allow the matter to go to trial. CFOs don't disclose every financial detail to company employees or to the public. People don't disclose their salaries. Governments do not tell citizens about everything they do. Some instances of non-/incomplete disclosure are lawful, others aren't.

The fact of the matter is that in managing anything -- a company, a family, a non-profit or a government -- managers are not ever going to be fully transparent. The notion that there be no secrets is just preposterous. I bid the first person who has no secrets to raise their hand. People may say they have nothing to hide. To that I say, "BS! Everyone has something they don't want disclosed." The higher up the "food chain" one looks, the more secrets there are waiting to be found.
You're absolutely right, of course. I think the reason people are using this as an objection to Hillary is that she seems to support one thing in front of one audience, and a complete other thing in front of another audience. They don't know which to believe. What she REALLY wants to do is important, is it not, in deciding whether to put her in charge?

She has a track record. There are no noobs. Everyone knew who and what she was despite the number of sales people.

Last edited:
No, everyone does NOT know what she is. There are a number of sales people selling a poisoned bill of goods which unthinking people willingly slurp. She does get good work done and she has never yet been found guilty of anything criminal/prosecutable despite an absurd amount of repeated investigations by the Republicans.

She has a track record and people are aware of it. There is no if people only knew how awesome sauce she was. There are some wingnut stories out there but no one really needs those. Just focus on her policies and what she has said and what she has done. It isn't necessary to get creative with it.

What we have seen, especially since the "secrets" in the emails is not only flat out denial, accusations towards a nation-state, Machiavellian tactics and other severe issues with that party. Haiti does not go away. Libya does not go away. Syria does not go away. The TPP is not going away. The fracking does not go away.

And there has been no discussion of any type of reform. In fact, there has been no serious discussion or even reflection on what is wrong.

Last edited:
She has a track record and people are aware of it. There is no if people only knew how awesome sauce she was. There are some wingnut stories out there but no one really needs those. Just focus on her policies and what she has said and what she has done. It isn't necessary to get creative with it.

"Awesome sauce" as an adjective unto itself....Oh, my. I had no idea I had been conversing with a juvenile. That's it. We're done; I don't willfully interact with children on the Internet.

"Awesome sauce" as an adjective unto itself....Oh, my. I had no idea I had been conversing with a juvenile. That's it. We're done; I don't willfully interact with children on the Internet.

Grow up.

No, everyone does NOT know what she is. There are a number of sales people selling a poisoned bill of goods which unthinking people willingly slurp. She does get good work done and she has never yet been found guilty of anything criminal/prosecutable despite an absurd amount of repeated investigations by the Republicans.

...and the FBI.

Forum List

Back