PT works !!

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
My back is now 50 percent improved
6 weeks ago ..I thought I was going to be a semi crippled and my back would collapse on me

The last week it was improved from 25 percent to 50 percent

Do you think it’s ok if I drop the therapy sessions from twice a week to once a week ?
I have to pay $90 cash every time and my insurance won’t cover it
I got all techniques down

What do you think
Spending $800 a month is not cheap

My parents sent me a very small check of 7,000 to pay for it
I think I can try out this new mma gym in 2 weeks ..I just hope it’s good

My stock broker dad wouldn't send a greeting much less a check. He's such a tightwad a straight pin would squeak when you pulled it out of his ass.

6 weeks ago ..I thought I was going to be a semi crippled and my back would collapse on me

Do you think it’s ok if I drop the therapy sessions from twice a week to once a week ?

What do you think

damn right it can work. i have 2 slipped disks that also affect some nerves & had PT that got me moving again. what you can try is going 1x a week - make sure you do your exercises at home & after a week or 2, your body will tell you. did you ask your therapist what they thought?

sorry to hear that your ins doesn't cover it - if it's thru work, that REALLY sucks but if it's a shitty individual policy you have off the ACA exchange, you should consider changing that, 'cause PT is a guaranteed covered thing.

Last edited:
I have a lot of experience with PT (various sports and exercise-related injuries), and typically I go twice in order to get the routine down, then I continue it at home and in my own gym, because even though I have good insurance I hate them having to pay so much for something that I can do myself.

Coincidentally, I have recently had a terrible experience with it. I have an injured shoulder (surgeon thinks it is rotator cuff, to be verified by MRI next week). I went for session #2, at which the "person" had me stretch my arm up my back while she pulled with a little harness thing she had. She exacerbated my injury to the point where it remains much worse than it was when I first injured it, a week later.

Not good.

My gripe with it generally is that they don't seem to want you to get better, they want a relationship over time, to maximize their revenues. This is one of the few areas where I think socialized medicine might work better.

My stock broker dad wouldn't send a greeting much less a check. He's such a tightwad a straight pin would squeak when you pulled it out of his ass.

Why are you so cheap you have plenty of money?

I have plenty of money because I am so cheap

I have a neighbor who had back surgery- his PT included walking every day and wearing a back brace while walking- he now plays golf 3 times a week- and eats doughnuts every Sunday!

I have a neighbor who had back surgery- his PT included walking every day and wearing a back brace while walking- he now plays golf 3 times a week- and eats doughnuts every Sunday!

After a couple weeks I could actually walk farther without pain than I could before the surgery. After a couple months I was 100% pain free.

I am doing them at home and I have the routine completely down
She said once a week is fine

What do you think

Some times.....

PT didnt do shit for me.
In fact it made things worse.
Hoping the spinal cord stimulator that I get installed at the end of April does the job.
My pain makes it impossible to do PT.
Talked to my Docs nurse and her husband had it done and said it made a world of difference.

Forum List

Back