Protesters attempt CHAZ in Nashville, Asheville, and Chicago

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
They tried to setup an autonomous zone in Asheville, NC Friday night but the police didn't allow it to happen. The encampment was dismantled soon after the protesters showed up and tried to build barricades and such.

That shit don't fly in Tennessee either, Republican Governor Bill Lee made sure of that. From the Tennessean:

“We encourage Tennesseans to exercise their First Amendment rights and have seen many examples of peaceful protests across our state in recent weeks,” Lee said in a statement midday Friday. “As demonstrations continue, we will continue to protect Tennesseans’ right to peaceful assembly, while also reassuring citizens that lawlessness, autonomous zones, and violence will not be tolerated.

“Further, Tennessee law expressly prohibits camping on state property not expressly designated as a campground area, and that law will be enforced.”

The General Assembly in February 2012 passed the law after Occupy Nashville protesters set up a campsite at Legislative Plaza, making it a misdemeanor to do so.

And then there was another attempt in Chicago, kinda funny actually:

But now they also tried one at the University of Chicago, with students staging a sit-in the lobby of the campus police headquarters, demanding the police be defunded.

But this was actually pretty hilarious. The police locked the doors so they they couldn’t get out and no food could get in. They were furious that the pizza they had ordered couldn’t get in and they had no food or bathrooms. Someone apparently didn’t plan this effort very well. Police said they could leave to eat or go to the bathroom but then they couldn’t get back in. So they had to set up a tent in the back of the area to go to the bathroom in. In just a few hours, they are already the poopy Occupy.

They set up a bunch of tents outside the university police headquarters as well and there are a bunch of folks occupying the ground there. They set up bikes, cars, tents and dumpsters to create their barricades. Isn’t it hilarious that the folks who so complained about walls, the minute they set up their “utopias,” they create walls?

Given that it’s a liberal university, just like with Seattle, I don’t hold out much hope that they’ll fully get the boot out they deserve. But I give props to the cops for “trapping” them in the lobby area and making them whine. They even reportedly cut off the AC inside the building. Great job, University of Chicago PD!

I kinda thought there would be attempts around the country in blue cities and states, but so far none have been successful. And I'm reading that the CHAZ is Seattle isn't going to last much longer either, maybe the Dems realized this kind of thing won't help them beat Trump in November.

The Seattle Police Department has announced that it intends to reclaim the Capitol Hill neighborhood that Black Lives Matter had claimed for its own just a few days ago:

Sundance notes the irony in Mayor Jenny’s response to this plan:

However, it’s more than a little funny to see Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan saying her administration is determining “when it would be safe for the Seattle Police to move in there” considering she was just claiming last night on CNN the occupation was merely a small group of festive citizens having “a block party”.

Side note: funny thing how these activists want to build a wall asap. Thought they didn't like walls.

They tried to setup an autonomous zone in Asheville, NC Friday night but the police didn't allow it to happen. The encampment was dismantled soon after the protesters showed up and tried to build barricades and such.

That shit don't fly in Tennessee either, Republican Governor Bill Lee made sure of that. From the Tennessean:

“We encourage Tennesseans to exercise their First Amendment rights and have seen many examples of peaceful protests across our state in recent weeks,” Lee said in a statement midday Friday. “As demonstrations continue, we will continue to protect Tennesseans’ right to peaceful assembly, while also reassuring citizens that lawlessness, autonomous zones, and violence will not be tolerated.

“Further, Tennessee law expressly prohibits camping on state property not expressly designated as a campground area, and that law will be enforced.”

The General Assembly in February 2012 passed the law after Occupy Nashville protesters set up a campsite at Legislative Plaza, making it a misdemeanor to do so.

And then there was another attempt in Chicago, kinda funny actually:

But now they also tried one at the University of Chicago, with students staging a sit-in the lobby of the campus police headquarters, demanding the police be defunded.

But this was actually pretty hilarious. The police locked the doors so they they couldn’t get out and no food could get in. They were furious that the pizza they had ordered couldn’t get in and they had no food or bathrooms. Someone apparently didn’t plan this effort very well. Police said they could leave to eat or go to the bathroom but then they couldn’t get back in. So they had to set up a tent in the back of the area to go to the bathroom in. In just a few hours, they are already the poopy Occupy.

They set up a bunch of tents outside the university police headquarters as well and there are a bunch of folks occupying the ground there. They set up bikes, cars, tents and dumpsters to create their barricades. Isn’t it hilarious that the folks who so complained about walls, the minute they set up their “utopias,” they create walls?

Given that it’s a liberal university, just like with Seattle, I don’t hold out much hope that they’ll fully get the boot out they deserve. But I give props to the cops for “trapping” them in the lobby area and making them whine. They even reportedly cut off the AC inside the building. Great job, University of Chicago PD!

I kinda thought there would be attempts around the country in blue cities and states, but so far none have been successful. And I'm reading that the CHAZ is Seattle isn't going to last much longer either, maybe the Dems realized this kind of thing won't help them beat Trump in November.

The Seattle Police Department has announced that it intends to reclaim the Capitol Hill neighborhood that Black Lives Matter had claimed for its own just a few days ago:

Sundance notes the irony in Mayor Jenny’s response to this plan:

However, it’s more than a little funny to see Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan saying her administration is determining “when it would be safe for the Seattle Police to move in there” considering she was just claiming last night on CNN the occupation was merely a small group of festive citizens having “a block party”.

Side note: funny thing how these activists want to build a wall asap. Thought they didn't like walls.

We Elected a pretty good in Tennessee this time.

PROTEST FATIGUE has set in for the vast majority of Americans, and come November, voters are going to show democrats just how sick of it they truly are.

Some dark clouds have a shiny silver lining.

Wishful thinking.

By November, we will be six months into the Trump Depression, and even Republicans will be running away from him.

PROTEST FATIGUE has set in for the vast majority of Americans, and come November, voters are going to show democrats just how sick of it they truly are.

Wishful thinking.

By November, we will be six months into the Trump Depression, and even Republicans will be running away from him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Wishful thinking.

People that can and people who own businesses that can need to leave the cities. And the fools who keep building businesses in inner city neighborhoods need to stop. Everyone is tired for paying extra prices due to this anyway. This only makes sense.

Thought I'd add Portland to the list of failed CHAZ sites. Portland! I thought they were just as blue as Seattle.

Portland protesters received the same treatment. Cops dismantled the “autonomous zone” almost as quickly as it was erected.

“Portland protesters attempting to establish an ‘autonomous zone’ similar to the one in Seattle abandoned it shortly after erecting it,” the Washington Examiner wrote late last week.

“Footage from Wednesday night shows hundreds of rioters in the city erecting a makeshift fence to cordon off an area,” the outlet reported. After a clash with law enforcement, though, protesters gave up. “By early Thursday morning, protesters had dispersed, according to police.”

I hafta believe the Left knows that this shit is hurting their standing with the voters. Protests are one thing, but trying to setup your own "autonomous zone" is another. I have not seen polls on this, but I seriously doubt the Dem leadership in Portland wants anything to do with another CHAZ in their city.

Thought I'd add Portland to the list of failed CHAZ sites. Portland! I thought they were just as blue as Seattle.

Portland protesters received the same treatment. Cops dismantled the “autonomous zone” almost as quickly as it was erected.

“Portland protesters attempting to establish an ‘autonomous zone’ similar to the one in Seattle abandoned it shortly after erecting it,” the Washington Examiner wrote late last week.

“Footage from Wednesday night shows hundreds of rioters in the city erecting a makeshift fence to cordon off an area,” the outlet reported. After a clash with law enforcement, though, protesters gave up. “By early Thursday morning, protesters had dispersed, according to police.”

I hafta believe the Left knows that this shit is hurting their standing with the voters. Protests are one thing, but trying to setup your own "autonomous zone" is another. I have not seen polls on this, but I seriously doubt the Dem leadership in Portland wants anything to do with another CHAZ in their city.
Not every Democrat mayor and governor is as lamebrain as Dunce Durkan, and Insane Inslee.

Forum List

Back