proof that time is not linear

Consciousness and matter are different aspects of the same reality much like particles and waves are different aspects of elementary particles. With that said, it's not so much that this is a simulation, as it is that this is an alternate reality.
ding. . . when it comes to topics and discussions on epistemological inquiries, I have never really given your input on these matters much credence or seriousness.

Your intellectual evolution on the matter is, IMO, hamstrung by your infantile need to anthropomorphize everything back to skydaddy.

. . . bleev what you will, I don't really care. You are only slightly moar advanced than Paulie from my Pov. :rolleyes:

It is primarily physicists who have expressed the relationship between mind and matter, and the primacy of mind.

Again. . . this is akin to the Evangelicals going. ..

iu

"skydaddy put the dino bones there to test us. . .the Earth is only 6000 years old."

Now go get yer booster and some cheap steak. :lol:

ding. . . when it comes to topics and discussions on epistemological inquiries, I have never really given your input on these matters much credence or seriousness.

Your intellectual evolution on the matter is, IMO, hamstrung by your infantile need to anthropomorphize everything back to skydaddy.

. . . bleev what you will, I don't really care. You are only slightly moar advanced than Paulie from my Pov. :rolleyes:

Again. . . this is akin to the Evangelicals going. ..

iu

"skydaddy put the dino bones there to test us. . .the Earth is only 6000 years old."

Now go get yer booster and some cheap steak. :lol:
Couldn't care less. Your bias against a creator is keeping you from understanding and accepting the science. I'm happy enough to prove how big of a dullard and idiot you are :)

What do you think Arthur Eddington was trying to say when in 1928 he wrote, “the stuff of the world is mind‑stuff... The mind‑stuff is not spread in space and time."

Temperature is relative too.

As a matter of fact, even quantum fluctuations are relative. People traveling fast see different amounts of background noise.

"Time" is a lot like "temperature", something that results from the collision of billions upon billions of elementary events.

In the case of time, you could start with an elementary operation called "next".

Temperature is relative too.

As a matter of fact, even quantum fluctuations are relative. People traveling fast see different amounts of background noise.

"Time" is a lot like "temperature", something that results from the collision of billions upon billions of elementary events.

In the case of time, you could start with an elementary operation called "next".
I use to believe time didn't exist. That time was just a convenient way of demarcating the expansion of the universe. Now I'm not so sure. It could be that time is the only real thing in this universe.

The question is how and what you're measuring.

Are you measuring what you think you're measuring, or are you just measuring our perception of it?

Eh? "To measure" means always to bring something into a sphere of our own [technically expanded] perception and to interpret this results - if possible to do so - with mathematics.

For example, distance, in a curved universe.

In big distances the universe is flat (=flat not means I am a monotheistic idiot who believes the earth is flat, "flat" means the sum of the three angles in a triangle has exactly 180°). And this is what we see in triangles with a size of billions of lightyears back to the first background radiation of 3°K.

If time is not linear,

What means a sentence like "time is linear or not linear"? What is your imagination of a linear or not linear time? I would say time is only a point with the 'dimension' "now".

why would you measure it with a clock?

I'm not sure whether a clock measures time. A clock measures periods. For example the turning of the Earth around the own axis. Or the interval of a change of energy in an atom. I heard technically we can make meanwhile a camera which is able to make billions of pictures in a second. But what would you see if you would be able to watch all this pictures? A frozen world, isn't it? A world without time ... nearly without time. The more time we like to see the less time do we see. Perhaps also "The faster we like to be the slower we are."? Could this be true? What for heavens sake is time? For sure time is not money.

Experiment by thoughts: If I could isolate your body from the influence of the rest of the universe and "freeze" all your atoms at 0°K - would time exist in your body? And if I would "reorganice" your atoms in the same way as it had been before in a billion years - had your individual time (¿linear - not linear?) really been 0 seconds - or had only been your imagination of time been 0 seconds?

Last edited:
This information will boggle some minds, for sure.

Time, physical time usually represented as t, is not an actual dimension.

Scruffy was right, and Einstein was wrong. :p

(Pats self on back). :p :p :p

So how this works, is now confirmed by the Webb space telescope.

The universe is in fact expanding at different rates in different places.

What this has to do with Einstein, is that the gravitational constant is not in fact a constant. Relativity is more complex than simple Lorenz transformations and Minkowski space.

Scruffy says: time is very much like temperature. It's a "local average", based on the population behavior of billions of constituent atoms (or in this case, information exchanges operating at the Planck scale, which is somewhere around 10^-43 seconds).
Lemme know when you build a Stargate, k?

I use to believe time didn't exist. That time was just a convenient way of demarcating the expansion of the universe. Now I'm not so sure. It could be that time is the only real thing in this universe.

Why do we age? What causes atrophy? The movement of time?

Why do we age? What causes atrophy?

Same as what causes everything else. Pressure mediation occurring within the dielectric/magnetic binary set of absolutes. The hour glass drives the torus and the torus drives the hour glass. Space meets counterspace.

Recent image of our galaxy's central black hole:

unnamed_01.png

This polarized shot reveals a magnetic torus twisted about itself like spiraled spaghetti from our perspective. Its true double helix nature would be evident if we could see through it or combine its appearance viewed from the opposite direction.

434262128_1095518795044174_8587418914673701945_n.jpg

Double helix toroidal magnetic field viewed through a Ferrocell -- courtesy Ken Wheeler.

Same as what causes everything else. Pressure mediation occurring within the dielectric/magnetic binary set of absolutes. The hour glass drives the torus and the torus drives the hour glass. Space meets counterspace.

unnamed_01.png

This polarized shot reveals a magnetic torus twisted about itself like spiraled spaghetti from our perspective. Its true double helix nature would be evident if we could see through it or combine its appearance viewed from the opposite direction.

Double helix toroidal magnetic field viewed through a Ferrocell -- courtesy Ken Wheeler.

To do with time though? Moving on, so to speak?

This information will boggle some minds, for sure.

Time, physical time usually represented as t, is not an actual dimension.

Scruffy was right, and Einstein was wrong. :p

(Pats self on back). :p :p :p

So how this works, is now confirmed by the Webb space telescope.

The universe is in fact expanding at different rates in different places.

What this has to do with Einstein, is that the gravitational constant is not in fact a constant. Relativity is more complex than simple Lorenz transformations and Minkowski space.

Scruffy says: time is very much like temperature. It's a "local average", based on the population behavior of billions of constituent atoms (or in this case, information exchanges operating at the Planck scale, which is somewhere around 10^-43 seconds).
This was questioned long ago.

Lee Smolin: the laws of the universe are changing​

That’s how Smolin came up with the idea of applying the principles of evolutionary biology to the universe as a whole. In the same way that in biology Darwinian evolution was able to explain the existence of perfectly developed organisms, with organs that work just the right way to keep them alive and functioning, the idea that the universe as a whole has been undergoing a process of evolution can explain the existence of this fine tuning of cosmological constants. This seemingly paradoxical balance of the cosmos is not a mere accident - there was a process behind it, akin to natural selection, that gave rise to it. It’s an idea that he was surprised to find the American pragmatist philosopher Charles Peirce had also hinted at in the early 20th century.

unnamed_01.png

I'll take you back to the issue of "measurement".

As a suggestion, you could think about causality.

What is it we really know about time?

Our basic perception of time is "something changed".

Even if you're sitting around doing nothing, your internals are still changing. Basically there is no part of our lives that doesn't include something changing.

And, we humans are very good at relating things that change, causality being an example.

Human causal perception is actually very complicated, it's not as simple as the Granger methods they use on Wall St.

For some discussion on this, I'd refer you to Judea Pearl's "do-calculus", which it turns out can be implemented natively by neural networks.

Good. We're thinking along the same lines.

My thinking goes something like this:

There is a primitive called "next", at the Planck scale. (Which is about 10^-43 seconds). You can think of it like a state change - "something has changed". In quantum computing terms it would be like a bit flip, except we know that quantum bits don't flip (instead, they rotate). So, it could actually be something like a "quantum collapse"), which basically means a measurement, which is to say, any interaction with the outside world.

To my knowledge, our fastest measurements so far are femtosecond lasers, which are about 10^-15 seconds, so there's about 30 orders of magnitude between that and Planck scale - which is Law of Large Numbers stuff. Basically anything we look at from 30 orders above is going to appear Gaussian ("regular", or normal - meaning "linear" in this case).

However, just like temperature, what we can see and measure is only an average value in an unconfined volume. But time is "more" regular than temperature, because temperature is only 15 or 20 orders of magnitude, whereas time is 40.

So physically, any time something changes, there is an effect on entropy. And entropy is exactly like temperature and time, we can only measure local averages. However we have a THEORY (information theory) which relates entropy to bit flips and state changes.

Obviously though, any experiments along these lines would be exceedingly difficult to design and implement, requiring specialized equipment and etc. Monika Schleier at Stanford is researching exactly this. So far, she can line up 10 rubidium atoms and "somehow" they cause a change in the spacetime at a different location.

You'll have to study her work a bit if you're interested, it's not something I can easily explain in a few seconds. (She has video though).

Ye

unnamed_01.png

Yes. So these toroids are solutions to the Kuramoto equations, which in turn are constrained by Lindblad. The same kinds of vortexes happen in the brain.

If time is not linear, why would you measure it with a clock?

Because time is linear locally ... why we consider time absolute in Classical Physics ... and smooth, but that's another tale ...

F = m dv/dt gives satisfactory solutions ... and the math is easier ... why invite trouble? ...

Forum List

Back