Progression of PC

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
The evolution of political correctness has been a long one. It began as a movement for "tolerance". We were told that society needed to be tolerant of people who had various sexual identities, people who were Marxists, etc. Make no mistake, PC is all a Left wing construct, and as such, only supports Left wing goals.

How do I know this? Because once people tolerated PC, it became more and more mainstream. And then once it became mainstream enough, it was no longer good enough to merely tolerate them. Then the goal posts moved and we were told we needed to not just tolerate them, we needed to show open support for them. This means being cancelled for saying such things as "All lives matter" instead of "Black lives matter".

Now those who asked for tolerance are hunting down those who think differently and destroying them. Now those who once preached diversity now want uniform compliance across the board.

It is so bad that former liberals are coming out of the woodwork in condemnation of them, like the son of John Lennon

Last edited:
Looks like the son of John Lennon will now get cancelled for saying the following

"I'm not exactly sure why I brought that up but I think it's because I want to say that I grew up in a time when there was zero political correctness. I literally saw political correctness being invented right in front of me (at certain schools) and then distributed and eventually enforced as a mindset and ideology," he explained.

He went on to say that political correctness might have helped push back on racism but that it might have ushered society into an era where the medicine is worse than the disease.

"We've been trying this kind of morality policing for awhile now & I would posit things are arguably getting worse. Race relations seem to be in the middle of a 'two steps back' moment," he tweeted.

Lennon, 45, then made a controversial statement that no longer fits with the left-wing "woke" movement.

"I am very sad that I feel like I have to say the following but here goes: Asians are not the problem. Blacks are not the problem. Jews are not the problem. And yes, Whites are not the problem either," Lennon said.

I am very sad that I feel like I have to say the following but here goes: Asians are not the problem. Blacks are not the problem. Jews are not the problem. And yes, Whites are not the problem either. No race or culture is 'the problem.'
— Sean Ono Lennon (@seanonolennon) May 23, 2021
"No race or culture is 'the problem,'" he added.

"I have lived in many cities and countries and I can say from experience that there is an EQUAL distribution of s***ty ppl and good ppl in EVERY human population. Most are good, some aren't great, and a very small number are clinical sociopaths you absolutely need to avoid," Lennon continued.

He also said that he saw evidence that Americans were self segregating along "tribal lines" in a way he had not seen before.

"I am simply saying we should check our strategy if we are not getting the results we intended. I don't know what the solution is, but I suspect that over sensitizing ppl to arbitrary characteristics like skin colour may be doing more harm than good," he added.

Have you punched a Leftist in the face today?

Maybe not showing tolerance is the only way to deal with these self righteous Nazi types.

The evolution of political correctness has been a long one. It began as a movement for "tolerance". We were told that society needed to be tolerant of people who had various sexual identities, people who were Marxists, etc. Make no mistake, PC is all a Left wing construct, and as such, only supports Left wing goals.

How do I know this? Because once people tolerated PC, it became more and more mainstream. And then once it became mainstream enough, it was no longer good enough to merely tolerate them. Then the goal posts moved and we were told we needed to not just tolerate them, we needed to show open support for them. This means being cancelled for saying such things as "All lives matter" instead of "Black lives matter".

Now those who asked for tolerance are hunting down those who think differently and destroying them. Now those who once preached diversity now want uniform compliance across the board.

It is so bad that former liberals are coming out of the woodwork in condemnation of them, like the son of John Lennon

You sound like a whinny little Karen. What a hypocrite

It’s the right who are always complaining and willing to cancel democracy

Why not tweet that to John's son?

I would love to hear his reply asshat.

It’s the right who are always complaining and willing to cancel democracy
Here is another cry baby

This is an ESPN reporter who was covering a tennis match with a black player. He used the term "Guerilla tactics" but some watching thought he was comparing the player to a Gorilla. The social fascist mob took to social media and accused him of racism, even though he had no history of it and even though he pointed out what he was really trying to say. No matter, ESPN fired him, and then he could not find work as he had a heart attack and nearly died.

He managed to survive and sue ESPN for his mistreatment, but the damage was done to his heart and his reputation as he will never work again.

PC/Identity Politics took a long time to build, but now we have people from coast to coast who are afraid to say what they're thinking.

In America.

The hardcore Left wants to say that "consequences" are a danger of speaking your mind. That's how Cancel Culture started. It also played a large role in animating Trump voters in 2016. It flies in the face of the spirit of Freedom of Expression, America's most valuable and liberal of values.

I-may-not-agree-with-what-you-say-but-I-will-defend-to-the-death-your-right-to-say-it.-Voltaire.png

Last edited:
PC/Identity Politics took a long time to build, but now we have people from coast to coast who are afraid to say what they're thinking.

In America.

The hardcore Left wants to say that "consequences" are a danger of speaking your mind. That's how Cancel Culture started. That flies in the face of the spirit of Freedom of Expression, America's most valuable and liberal of values.

I-may-not-agree-with-what-you-say-but-I-will-defend-to-the-death-your-right-to-say-it.-Voltaire.png
You still have the right to say anything you want. You just may not have a job tomorrow is all.

And with academia indoctrinating a whole generation of Leftist leaders, Big Tech will censor you as well on the job and in the media.

Now the country is run by Big Tech, Academia, and the media which all lean left with the right of those targeted to scream their heads off about the injustice that they dish out, but all screams that virtually no one will ever hear.

Progression of PC

I remember when MS-DOS was the operating system that they ran. The first one with which I had any extensive context was based on the Intel 80286, but I did do some work with some that had the 8088 on which the original PC was based. The 80386 was a very substantial improvement over the 80286, with the 80486 being somewhat better still. After that, when Intel lost a court ruling over the ability to trademark numbers, it started giving their processors actual names, that they could trademark. I remember the jokes about the Pentium being so named because of a floating-point bug in early versions, which supposedly rendered the number/name it would have had as 80585.99999997434667…

Windows came along as a shell to run over MS-DOS, and evolved to where the underlying MS-DOS underpinning became less and less obvious, through Windows 95, 98, and ME.

Windows NT evolved as a separate operating system, without the underlying MS-DOS underpinnings, and evolved from there to Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and now Windows 10.

I also dabbled quite a bit with OS/2. Early versions weren't really very useful, but later versions were much better. When Windows was still an obvious shell over MS-DOS, OS/2 Warp would run MS-DOS programs better than MS-DOS itself could, would run Windows programs better than Windows itself could, as well as it sown platform of OS/2-specific programs that, for a while, were better than their MS-DOS or Windows counterparts. But when Windows 95 came out, OS/2 didn't catch up to it; and fell behind.

In America.

The hardcore Left wants to say that "consequences" are a danger of speaking your mind. That's how Cancel Culture started. It also played a large role in animating Trump voters in 2016. It flies in the face of the spirit of Freedom of Expression, America's most valuable and liberal of values.

Voltaire said that. Today's libs do not say that.

Forum List

Back