Problem with fact checkers - using SNOPES

TheDude

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2016
U.S.A. gone wild
It's at times trickery ("figures don't lie, liars figure"). You can sugar coat reality anyway you like and apply a measure.

In this example, if you read the entire conversation, Obama IMPLIED an invitation for illegals to vote. He mixed his words to be unclear, even if on accident (e.g., see bolded), especially for people English challenged. You know, like illegal immigrants?

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself.

SNOPES applies a measure of FALSE, because Obama didn't blatantly say "illegals can vote". In other words, SNOPES lied.

FALSE: Obama Encouraged 'Illegal Aliens' to Vote

Speaking of fact checking...

14990900_1206020896124575_8922304237883253025_o.jpg

It's at times trickery ("figures don't lie, liars figure"). You can sugar coat reality anyway you like and apply a measure.

In this example, if you read the entire conversation, Obama IMPLIED an invitation for illegals to vote. He mixed his words to be unclear, even if on accident (e.g., see bolded), especially for people English challenged. You know, like illegal immigrants?

RODRIGUEZ: Many of the millennials, Dreamers, undocumented citizens -- and I call them citizens because they contribute to this country -- are fearful of voting. So if I vote, will immigration know where I live? Will they come for my family and deport us?

OBAMA: Not true. And the reason is, first of all, when you vote, you are a citizen yourself.

SNOPES applies a measure of FALSE, because Obama didn't blatantly say "illegals can vote". In other words, SNOPES lied.

No he didn't. You people can't let this go can you?

Are you aware that Trump won the election?

They seem to be even madder and more bitter than before the election. Very strange.

Rightttt. Lol
628x471.jpg

last night in Portland

They seem to be even madder and more bitter than before the election. Very strange.

Rightttt. Lol
628x471.jpg

last night in Portland

Check out all the communists. It's cute they're all dressed the same. In my world they could wear the same clothing, only they'd only need one sleeve. Then we let them off with warning.

SNOPES CARRIES WATER FOR MUHAMMAD
“Mostly False” Indiana billboard is actually 100% true.
June 28, 2017

Robert Spencer
snopes.jpg

The self-proclaimed fact-checker Snopes.com has been harshly criticized for its Leftist bias, and as is so often the case, a tilt to the Left also means a willingness to foster ignorance and complacency about the nature and magnitude of the jihad threat. After a billboard went up in Indiana pointing out six unsavory aspects of the life of Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, Snopes labeled the billboard’s charges “Mostly False” – but that label applies far more accurately to the Snopes report than to the billboard.

Snopes’ falsehoods begin with its initial assertion that the billboard’s title, “the perfect man,” “is poor translation from an Arabic phrase in the Koran, which describes the Prophet as an excellent example.” In reality, the appellation “perfect man” is not a poor translation of a Qur’anic phrase; it is not a Qur’anic phrase at all. The Qur’anic phrase “excellent example” (33:21) is uswa hasana, while “perfect man” is al-insan al-kamil, a title ascribed to Muhammad in Islamic tradition.

Snopes goes on to state that “none of the items listed on the billboard appear in the Koran — they are historical events, and the accuracy of details surrounding them remain contested by scholars.” This is true, but irrelevant, since Muhammad’s status as the “excellent example” for Muslims, as well as the “perfect man,” make him a model for emulation for Muslims: if Muhammad did it, it is good, and Muslims should do it.

That sums up the apologetic nature of Snopes’ “fact-checking.” This isn’t fact-checking, this is Islamic apologetics.

Snopes Carries Water for Muhammad

Apparently YOU ARE NOT!! And that is exactly what the hell the pile of dogshit you loved and sucked off daily meant. HAHAHAHAHAA lie some more.

Forum List

Back