'Privileged white people shouldn’t steal hip-hop'

barryqwalsh

Gold Member
Sep 30, 2014
Three years ago, rapper Azealia Banks had a viral hit with 212, and this year she finally came out with her debut album. But she’s also known for her long-standing feud with the Australian rapper Iggy Azalea, started long ago for reasons I don’t have the word count to go into. Last week, Banks gave an interview to New York based radio station Hot 97. When questioned about her feud with Iggy, she burst into tears at the America’s cultural appropriation of blackness, calling it a "cultural smudging".

Azealia Banks Vs Iggy Azalea White people shouldn rsquo t steal hip-hop - Telegraph

There is nothing privileged about Iggy Azalea, and she ain't while either!

Iggy Azalea was born Amethyst Amelia Kelly in Sydney, Australia. Her family relocated toMullumbimby, New South Wales, when she was still an infant. The family lived in a house that her father built by hand from mud bricks, surrounded by 5 hectares (12 acres) of land.[5][6][7] Her father, Brendan Kelly, was a painter and comic artist, while her mother, Tanya, cleaned holiday houses and hotels.[8][9] Azalea has said that she has some Aboriginal (Indigenous Australian) ancestry: "My family came to Australia on the First Fleet. My family's been in that country for a long time, over 100 years. If your family's lived in Australia for a long time, everyone has a little bit of [Aborigine blood]. I know my family does because we have an eye condition that only Aboriginal people have." Her surname Kelly is of Irish origin.[10][11]Azalea has said that her father "made her look at [art] as a teenager", which has always influenced her life and work.[7] Azalea beganrapping at age 14.[6] Before embarking on a solo career, Azalea formed a group with two other girls from her neighbourhood: "I was like, I could be the rapper. This could be likeTLC. I'll be Left Eye."[12] Azalea eventually decided to disband the group because the other girls weren't taking it seriously: "I take everything I do serious [sic]. I'm too competitive."[12]

Iggy Azalea - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

barryqwalsh

Anyone can churn out whatever music they want to for cripes sake!

Music is shared with everyone...
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

So lets recap shall we? Whites must NOT do this or that as it is offensive to blacks, including using their own music types. But of course blacks are free to do this or that and in fact are shouting it is racist not to support them while doing it. I got that right?

Some of these racist blacks want to keep their music for themselves at the same time they're trying to take over every single iconic character in Hollywood. They even want to turn James Bond black.

^ what a stupid post.
So blacks are not trying to be every icon we have? They are not trying to be number one in every style of Music? Remind me how it is racist for a white person to rap but not racist for a black person to sing Country?

A new genre of music is created and so others can't participate? That's ridiculous. Blacks have contributed to music throughout the history of the US. Participating isn't stealing.

Sometimes it can be carried into places it shouldn't. Look at "You ain't nothin' but a Hound Dog". Sold millions after being recorded by Big Mama Thornton. But a couple of years later, it turned into a Mega hit when Elvis recorded it. I've heard so many times that he stole it from blacks, but the truth is the song was written by two white guys. And look at the song Big Mama Thornton wrote, "Ball and Chain". While Big Mama does it OK, Janis Joplin tears it apart and sews it up back together again.

Without such participation, we would have the magic diversity brings. We wouldn't have the Oscar winning "Lose Yourself". Lose yourself in the Music, once that phrase is hit, the song is magic.

Some of these racist blacks want to keep their music for themselves at the same time they're trying to take over every single iconic character in Hollywood. They even want to turn James Bond black.

^ what a stupid post.
So blacks are not trying to be every icon we have? They are not trying to be number one in every style of Music? Remind me how it is racist for a white person to rap but not racist for a black person to sing Country?
Neither is racist.

^ what a stupid post.
Neither is racist.
And yet blacks are claiming a white girl stole their music type.

^ what a stupid post.
Neither is racist.
And yet blacks are claiming a white girl stole their music type.

The girl dating Swaggy P Iggy Azalea?

Dear gawd this is getting STUPID...The Racism against white people is getting Dangerous and is now getting people KILLED. Starting with two Policemen in the Nypd

This crap need to stop

Forum List

Back