PRIVACY WARNING: Do NOT log into CARS.GOV

Settings were never screwed up, I have a very high security setup on my computer, but I found a way through their crap is all.

Now, the link I showed you was what they were talking about which applies to both, and if you go to their terms and conditions they modified them. That's suspicious enough. Since when did you start trusting the government so openly? I thought you were against intrusion, especially subversive intrusion like what this suggests.
:lol: I don't trust the government. I just trust posters on a message board with an agenda less.

Actually, today, like yesterday, my agenda is clear, just rendering a video is all I have on it, but that's automated.

My mistake, it's not the government you trust, just your savior Obama who you seem to trust blindly. That's scarier than what they can do, blindly trusting someone in power is not very bright.
I was actually talking about PP when I referred to agenda. I realize you have no agenda, you're just not very bright.

:lol: I don't trust the government. I just trust posters on a message board with an agenda less.

Actually, today, like yesterday, my agenda is clear, just rendering a video is all I have on it, but that's automated.

My mistake, it's not the government you trust, just your savior Obama who you seem to trust blindly. That's scarier than what they can do, blindly trusting someone in power is not very bright.
I was actually talking about PP when I referred to agenda. I realize you have no agenda, you're just not very bright.

Everyone has an agenda ... look up the word, and thus why it is you who is not so bright, considering you missed the smartassery completely. ;)

PP posted something that was not only possible legally, it's extremely possible programatically. You probably have a ton of worms in your system, if you are running Windoze, and even with the best anti-viral program you will still have a few, that's why web servers run Linux/Unix. ;) So it is possible no matter how you spin it, since they can legally do it and there is a way for them to have a program installed, many sites do it without you ever knowing it. Now, the difference here is that they openly announced it, and that did happen. You are denying something which has many sources confirming. The net isn't just USMB, there are millions online every second of every day, and all you have to do is know where to look. Here's a hint though, a person's best sources are often those who share the same interests.

Everyone has an agenda ... look up the word, and thus why it is you who is not so bright, considering you missed the smartassery completely. ;)

PP posted something that was not only possible legally, it's extremely possible programatically. You probably have a ton of worms in your system, if you are running Windoze, and even with the best anti-viral program you will still have a few, that's why web servers run Linux/Unix. ;) So it is possible no matter how you spin it, since they can legally do it and there is a way for them to have a program installed, many sites do it without you ever knowing it. Now, the difference here is that they openly announced it, and that did happen. You are denying something which has many sources confirming. The net isn't just USMB, there are millions online every second of every day, and all you have to do is know where to look. Here's a hint though, a person's best sources are often those who share the same interests.
Glenn Beck and a bunch of rightwing nut sites aren't credible sources, no matter that you'll agree with anyone that furthers your hysterical conspiracy theory lunacy. :lol:

I'm dying laughing over your other thread about the search feature here.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

Glenn Beck and a bunch of rightwing nut sites aren't credible sources, no matter that you'll agree with anyone that furthers your hysterical conspiracy theory lunacy. :lol:

I'm dying laughing over your other thread about the search feature here.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::lol::lol::lol:

You lack of knowledge for computers is astounding, I can't for the life of me figure out how you even manage to turn them on, much less get pas the screensaver.

You lack of knowledge for computers is astounding, I can't for the life of me figure out how you even manage to turn them on, much less get pas the screensaver.
:rolleyes: Another matter you can't admit to being wrong about.

Oh, and Ravi, found what they were talking about:

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:62720/acctId:36812

... and it's not just dealers, it's for everyone.

Well i went to log in from work on friday (yes we do sell cars as well as fix them) and the message was there.

It is gone now. I logged in this morning and it didn't pop up.

Sasha Johnson from the DEPT of Transportation made an announcement earlier today about this

sasha johnson DOT said:
A security warning that was on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language.

Thanks for having my back Kitten ;)

Oh, and Ravi, found what they were talking about:

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:Join/signupId:62720/acctId:36812

... and it's not just dealers, it's for everyone.

Well i went to log in from work on friday (yes we do sell cars as well as fix them) and the message was there.

It is gone now. I logged in this morning and it didn't pop up.

Sasha Johnson from the DEPT of Transportation made an announcement earlier today about this

sasha johnson DOT said:
A security warning that was on the CARS.gov dealer support page that stated computers logged into the system were considered property of the Federal Government has been removed. We are working to revise the language.

Thanks for having my back Kitten ;)

NP, the people who think they are completely safe online are fools more than the people who worry about the boogy man on every site. The only reason there is safety is because of watchdogs like us who know what to look for, it spreads like wildfire through the developer networks, which on several of the chats and forums on those I am part of there was confirmation. Most people don't realize where their surfing safety really comes from.

Thank you for posting here though, it was one that I hadn't been paying attention to since I normally avoid automotive topics elsewhere. As for Ravi, she's pissed that her savior could actually do something she didn't like is all. ;)

Sorry, PP, your entire OP was full of lies...so it is impossible for any rational person to believe your subsequent story that you are in a position to access the dealer portion of cars.gov.

Here's a nice little run down on the Beck bullshit, if anyone cares.

PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

You really do have a problem with anything that makes your savior look bad, no matter how dangerous it would be to ignore.

Sorry, PP, your entire OP was full of lies...so it is impossible for any rational person to believe your subsequent story that you are in a position to access the dealer portion of cars.gov.

PolitiFact | On Glenn Beck's Fox News program, Guilfoyle claims government's Cash for Clunkers Web site would give government complete access to your home computer

You really do have a problem with anything that makes your savior look bad, no matter how dangerous it would be to ignore.
I'm sorry Obama has deranged you so. Sounds like you are the one having the problem with saviors gone bad.

I'm sorry Obama has deranged you so. Sounds like you are the one having the problem with saviors gone bad.

Really, there is no other reasoning for you to contradict something many programmers have said is possible, and something which the laws say is possible ... unless you are just trolling.

Really, there is no other reasoning for you to contradict something many programmers have said is possible, and something which the laws say is possible ... unless you are just trolling.
:lol: You're too much.

:lol: You're too much.

Really, I will accept that, if you agree you are too little.

Point to where I am wrong, with proof, evidence, and the IRC chat log to demonstrate otherwise. ;)

Funny... I'd say that there's no reason to believe the assertions. Other than your own paranoia, perhaps you could provide some proof. I don't think any of us would appreciate the kind of invasiveness that we're talking about.

Funny... I'd say that there's no reason to believe the assertions. Other than your own paranoia, perhaps you could provide some proof. I don't think any of us would appreciate the kind of invasiveness that we're talking about.

The proof for what, or should I say, which part?

Proof for the ability, check on Windoze service record, it's very possible. Sometimes a little paranoia is the best way to protect your information, specifically bank accounts when you bank online. Knowing how to protect networks is part of my job IRL, without the paranoia and knowledge of how to protect computer systems I wouldn't be making a living, now would I?

Do not trust any link that ends in ".gov"

That's a little too general. Just listen when people offer a warning. If you doubt it, look into it. A warning, no matter how "insane" sounding, about computer security, should be considered.

The problem is that the ".gov" extension is not exclusive to the "trusted ones", anyone can buy a ".gov" site, and even a government organization can misuse the trust of the naive.

I heard that anyone that logs onto the internet is in danger of being sucked into outer space by aliens. This warning, no matter how insane, should be heeded.

I heard that anyone that logs onto the internet is in danger of being sucked into outer space by aliens. This warning, no matter how insane, should be heeded.

Then go ahead and sign up and get back to us, just do not include me on your email list, thank you. And have a nice life

btw, Kitten, you can't get a .gov domain name unless you get authorization from the GSA.

LOL! You really should read up on what you claim to be an expert in.

:rofl:

Forum List

Back