mal

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2009
Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde™
Greene: Hickenlooper's take on recession mind-befuddling
By Susan Greene
Denver Post Columnist

Buck up, Colorado.

That seemed to have been John Hickenlooper's take last week when he said "a recession like this really is driven by people's mental state."

I'm no economist and certainly no shrink.

But I run across stories like Denver window installer Richard Vigil, who moved his wife and four kids into his parents' place after losing his job and health insurance last year.

I listen to Hazel Miller, a local entertainer mourning the loss of her home in Lakewood to foreclosure.

And I watch Heather Martinez standing outside a Denver car wash soliciting spare change to feed her two kids.

Are we to think their troubles are all psychological?

"Mental state? Man, I only wish this were just in my head," says Martinez, who was laid off from her job as a computer tech last winter.

Hickenlooper has stepped in it.

Read more: Greene: Hickenlooper's take on recession mind-befuddling - The Denver Post

---

OK, Hickenlooper is NO Marxist, but he is Certainly a Liberal... He's also Thinking whereas Susan Greene is Emoting... And doing so in a Patently Ignorant fashion which is what she does, although she would probably NOT Acknowledge this Reality if anyone was to Confront her, nor Understand it, NO matter who was Trying to Explain it to her.

I am not going to go into why she's Wrong, I want to see what other People's Takes are on this before I go.

:)

peace...

Wasn't it a while back that whenver obama mentioned a bad forecast for the economy, he was critiicized for stock market going down? It really is sort of a mental state, he's not that far off. People get scared and feel insecure about their jobs, and spend less. THe economy is driven by spending. So there is some truth to what he said,. People fearful, they won't spend, economy goes down. Companies scared they may have a profit hit, don't hire.

Just look at teh stock market, a storm can cause the stock market the go down. Any forecast puts fear into stockholders to sell, causing stock market to go down.c

And you quote an editorial, which is someone's opinion. ANd left out I bet a lot of the context in which Hick was talking about.

Anyway, he running for Governor and I think he has a good shot of running, and I'd vote for him, did a good job IMO as mayor of Denver

Wasn't it a while back that whenver obama mentioned a bad forecast for the economy, he was critiicized for stock market going down? It really is sort of a mental state, he's not that far off. People get scared and feel insecure about their jobs, and spend less. THe economy is driven by spending. So there is some truth to what he said,. People fearful, they won't spend, economy goes down. Companies scared they may have a profit hit, don't hire.

Just look at teh stock market, a storm can cause the stock market the go down. Any forecast puts fear into stockholders to sell, causing stock market to go down.c

And you quote an editorial, which is someone's opinion. ANd left out I bet a lot of the context in which Hick was talking about.

Anyway, he running for Governor and I think he has a good shot of running, and I'd vote for him, did a good job IMO as mayor of Denver

I am in Agreement with Hick's OBVIOUS Observation...

It's the Denver Post Employee that is Clueless.

peace...

Let's Try this Again...

That seemed to have been John Hickenlooper's take last week when he said "a recession like this really is driven by people's mental state."

Emotional Twit Telling you the Truth before Illustrating her Hysterical Nature and Emotional Drive: I'm no economist and certainly no shrink.

Dishonest Anecdote she Found to Pad this Article with: "Mental state? Man, I only wish this were just in my head," says Martinez, who was laid off from her job as a computer tech last winter.

How does ANY Thinking Person Conclude he Above from what Hick said?... Even without Context, Hick did NOT say that this Writer is Attempting to Attribute to him.

peace...

Forum List

Back