Pretend to Be Black to Get into Medical School

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
In a new website-slash-pitch for a memoir, Vijay Chokal-Ingam, the brother of comedian Mindy Kaling, reveals that he gamed the system and managed to get into medical school by claiming he was African-American.

Mindy Kaling s Brother Reveals He Pretended to Be Black to Get into Medical School Mediaite

This is the thing I was actually surprised to find online. Just imagine how wrong the whole situation is. A group of Indian students gets completely ignored while another Indian student gets accepted for looking like an African-American. How fare it is? It is sad how the whole system of racial counterweights is still working.

One more argument against Obama's racial policy. Black student deserve being accepted to medical schools but under the same conditions as anybody else. Otherwise I assume you consider them to be less intelligent than anybody else. Is it even still a minority to get racial benefits? I though black people are an integral part of American society. Now it turns out there are some groups of people who are more equal than everybody else.

Any story of "Blacks" getting preferential treatment at least hints at a connection with our current Affirmative Action President, whose life would have been immeasurably different had he not gained advantages by virtue of being "African" and ,probably foreign-born (on his applications, at least). Further, he and his Justice Department have been vociferously supportive of so-called Affirmative Action, and a myriad of other government programs designed to promote equality of result at the expense of equality of treatment.

But this story is very interesting and, if true, says disturbing things about America's medical education system. The USSC guidance currently on college admissions is that RACE MAY NOT BE USED as an entrance criterion, but DIVERSITY may be considered. Giving gross preference to this inferior applicant because he was thought to be African American is as un-American as anything I can imagine.

All of the Black doctors I see in television dramas are the BEST IN THEIR FIELDS! And that's true to life, isn't it?

Any story of "Blacks" getting preferential treatment at least hints at a connection with our current Affirmative Action President, whose life would have been immeasurably different had he not gained advantages by virtue of being "African" and ,probably foreign-born (on his applications, at least). Further, he and his Justice Department have been vociferously supportive of so-called Affirmative Action, and a myriad of other government programs designed to promote equality of result at the expense of equality of treatment.

But this story is very interesting and, if true, says disturbing things about America's medical education system. The USSC guidance currently on college admissions is that RACE MAY NOT BE USED as an entrance criterion, but DIVERSITY may be considered. Giving gross preference to this inferior applicant because he was thought to be African American is as un-American as anything I can imagine.

All of the Black doctors I see in television dramas are the BEST IN THEIR FIELDS! And that's true to life, isn't it?

:lol:

In other words, ODS.

What evidence do you have that any of this has to do with Obama?
I am not saying it is president's fault Afro-Americans get preference but being a black himself he could pay attention to racial equality in the American society. In my opinion, Mr Obama should have understood racial minorities, their problems and bridge the gap between us. At least he should have tried to do so. This never happened.

Bridge the gap between us? So now you're blaming the president because you are still racist?

Bridge the gap between us? So now you're blaming the president because you are still racist?

Oh, telling someone he is racist is the easiest thing to say when arguing about race. I am not racist because I recognize the difference between all of us, whether individuals, nations or races. And there is nothing wrong about being different. On the contrary, when you believe all people should be treated equally only because they are similar - that's where racism begins.

Oh, telling someone he is racist is the easiest thing to say when arguing about race. I am not racist because I recognize the difference between all of us, whether individuals, nations or races. And there is nothing wrong about being different. On the contrary, when you believe all people should be treated equally only because they are similar - that's where racism begins.

How exactly is anyone supposed to "bridge the gap" when the people he wants to build the bridge to are adamant that they will do everything in their power to oppose him in every conceivable way, even at the expense of harming the country?

I am not saying it is president's fault Afro-Americans get preference but being a black himself he could pay attention to racial equality in the American society. In my opinion, Mr Obama should have understood racial minorities, their problems and bridge the gap between us. At least he should have tried to do so. This never happened.

So, you're saying that it's Obama's fault that decades worth of bad policy culminated in an event preceding his presidency?

:cuckoo:

So, you're saying that it's Obama's fault that decades worth of bad policy culminated in an event preceding his presidency?

:cuckoo:

That's everyone's fault. I can blame any preceding president for inconsistent racial policy the way I blame Obama. However Barack Obama is America's first black president and everyone awaited he would do at least something to cope with contradictions between whites and blacks.

In a new website-slash-pitch for a memoir, Vijay Chokal-Ingam, the brother of comedian Mindy Kaling, reveals that he gamed the system and managed to get into medical school by claiming he was African-American.
Pure bullshit!
He showed no proof that he was rejected as an Indian and then accepted from the same school as a black. In fact, there is NO evidence that he applied to even one single med school as an Indian. All he says is he saw other Indians unsuccessfully apply to med school. He only showed he was REJECTED from Harvard with a B average as a black, a school we know accepted Bush with a C average as a Legacy.

Pure bullshit!
He showed no proof that he was rejected as an Indian and then accepted from the same school as a black. In fact, there is NO evidence that he applied to even one single med school as an Indian. All he says is he saw other Indians unsuccessfully apply to med school. He only showed he was REJECTED from Harvard with a B average as a black, a school we know accepted Bush with a C average as a Legacy.

How do you think it is possible to apply to the same medical school two times using different personalities? Of course he would be rejected after the second attempt.
The fact that other Indian students with higher GPA got rejected while he got accepted is enough already to prove there is a racial bias in American education.

Pure bullshit!

How do you think it is possible to apply to the same medical school two times using different personalities? Of course he would be rejected after the second attempt.
The fact that other Indian students with higher GPA got rejected while he got accepted is enough already to prove there is a racial bias in American education.
Again that is ONLY worthless hearsay, hardly a "fact" of any kind! You have no proof of anything, especially that he would not have been accepted in the med school he attended had he applied as an Indian.

But that is the ONLY way to substantiate his claim!

Forum List

Back