Prediction of global temperature for 2017-2024

That is not an interpretation. That comes from the definition of entropy.
Of course it is an interpretation..but it still doesn't get energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm...and back radiation simply doesn't happen no matter how much you wish it did....and the greenhouse hypothesis is bullshit...
Where in the expression of entropy does it say that radiation is only a one-way flow of EM energy or radiation exchange is not possible. There is no scientific publication that gives entropy that caveat. The thermodynamic expression of entropy does not indicate in any way how energy flows, it simply means the state of "randomness" increases.

The flow of energy is one way. From heat (order) to cold (randomness). Your understanding of entropy is very.........inaccurate.

"If a glass of hot liquid, for example, as shown in Figure 3, is placed in a colder room a potential exists and a flow of heat is spontaneously produced from the cup to the room until it is minimized (or the entropy is maximized) at which point the temperatures are the same and all flows stop."

Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
Oh my, Mr. Westwall has joined SSDD and jc in claiming smart photons. Oh well, what is one to expect in that case?

That is not an interpretation. That comes from the definition of entropy.
Of course it is an interpretation..but it still doesn't get energy moving spontaneously from cool to warm...and back radiation simply doesn't happen no matter how much you wish it did....and the greenhouse hypothesis is bullshit...
Where in the expression of entropy does it say that radiation is only a one-way flow of EM energy or radiation exchange is not possible. There is no scientific publication that gives entropy that caveat. The thermodynamic expression of entropy does not indicate in any way how energy flows, it simply means the state of "randomness" increases.

The flow of energy is one way. From heat (order) to cold (randomness). Your understanding of entropy is very.........inaccurate.

"If a glass of hot liquid, for example, as shown in Figure 3, is placed in a colder room a potential exists and a flow of heat is spontaneously produced from the cup to the room until it is minimized (or the entropy is maximized) at which point the temperatures are the same and all flows stop."

Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics
Oh my, Mr. Westwall has joined SSDD and jc in claiming smart photons. Oh well, what is one to expect in that case?

Oh my....oh my....oh my.....lions and tigers and bears OH MY!!!!!! Seems that rocks is under the impression that energy must possess intelligence in order to obey the laws of nature...OH MY!!!!

Explain how matter throttles its radiations dependent on the temperature of distant objects.

If you have to say "It's an unknowable, I think you should resign this argument for all time.

Explain how matter throttles its radiations dependent on the temperature of distant objects.

If you have to say "It's an unknowable, I think you should resign this argument for all time.

Explain the fundamental mechanism for gravity...seems that it should be much more simple than energy transfer...and yet, we don't know....you don't have to know how...or why....in order for a thing to be true...and since the mechanism for gravity is at present an unknowable...should all discussion of gravity be suspended till we actually do know?

Oh my....oh my....oh my.....lions and tigers and bears OH MY!!!!!! Seems that rocks is under the impression that energy must possess intelligence in order to obey the laws of nature...OH MY!!!!
Speaking of intelligence of matter you still haven't answered why you think there is only one way energy flow in light of the entropy concept of the second law.

There is nothing in the entropy concept of the 2nd law that prevents two objects from radiating energy toward each other, as long as the net radiation energy is from the hotter to the colder object. In radiation energy exchange, entropy will continually increase and satisfy the 2nd law.

Explain the fundamental mechanism for gravity...seems that it should be much more simple than energy transfer...and yet, we don't know....you don't have to know how...or why....in order for a thing to be true...and since the mechanism for gravity is at present an unknowable...should all discussion of gravity be suspended till we actually do know?

One way transfer because......hey look, gravity. Derp!

One way transfer because......hey look, gravity. Derp!

Ah...

Stefan and Boltzmann derived their laws of black body radiation in the 1880s, long before the atomic and subatomic mechanisms responsible for radiation were known. The behavior of gravity is VERY well characterized by the understanding we have of it right now. Several theories exist concerning its actual mechanism but are beyond our capability to test. This does not get you off the hook.

You claim that all matter is somehow capable of restricting emissions in directions that would allow those emissions to travel towards a body of a higher temperature. Besided being absolutely ludicrous on its face, this concept violates special relativity. And that is still ignoring the lack of any CONCEIVABLE mechanism.

There's an idea. Just give us some wilid-eyed, top-of-your-head, blue-sky-dreaming, W-A-G ideas as to how matter MIGHT know the temperatures of its surrounding, no matter the distance, and control the direction and the intensity of its emission in response. And if you can think of a method that does so without requiring all matter to be intelligent, so much the better.

Stefan and Boltzmann derived their laws of black body radiation in the 1880s, long before the atomic and subatomic mechanisms responsible for radiation were known. The behavior of gravity is VERY well characterized by the understanding we have of it right now. Several theories exist concerning its actual mechanism but are beyond our capability to test. This does not get you off the hook.

You claim that all matter is somehow capable of restricting emissions in directions that would allow those emissions to travel towards a body of a higher temperature. Besided being absolutely ludicrous on its face, this concept violates special relativity. And that is still ignoring the lack of any CONCEIVABLE mechanism.

There's an idea. Just give us some wilid-eyed, top-of-your-head, blue-sky-dreaming, W-A-G ideas as to how matter MIGHT know the temperatures of its surrounding, no matter the distance, and control the direction and the intensity of its emission in response. And if you can think of a method that does so without requiring all matter to be intelligent, so much the better.
Just wonder if you think the atmosphere is a black body?

BTW still no evidence!

of course it isnt.

is the Sun a blackbody?

speaking of the Sun, is the surface just the top of the atmosphere? some people here have been talking about the Sun's corona as if that was the sun's 'atmosphere'. what a ridiculous comparison.

WeatherBELL Chief Forecaster Joe Bastardi Denies Basic Physics: ‘CO2 Cannot Cause Global Warming’
BASTARDI: CO2 cannot cause global warming. I’ll tell you why. It doesn’t mix well with the atmosphere, for one. For two, its specific gravity is 1 1/2 times that of the rest of the atmosphere. It heats and cools much quicker. Its radiative processes are much different. So it cannot — it literally cannot cause global warming.

Asked about Bastardi’s statements, Kerry Emanuel of MIT said: “Utter rubbish. Sorry to be so direct, but that is just the case.” NASA climatologist Gavin Schmidt added: “Bastardi is attempting to throw out 150 years of physics.” “He seems very confused,” said physicist Richard Muller.

Bastardi may be hoping that when delivered confidently, terms like “specific gravity” and “radiative processes” can convince Fox’s viewers that he knows what he’s talking about. But don’t be fooled; he is again garbling the very basics of climate science.

of course it isnt.

is the Sun a blackbody?

speaking of the Sun, is the surface just the top of the atmosphere? some people here have been talking about the Sun's corona as if that was the sun's 'atmosphere'. what a ridiculous comparison.
I remember reading about black bodies and radiating. You need that. So ho does a non black body radiate?

WeatherBELL Chief Forecaster Joe Bastardi Denies Basic Physics: ‘CO2 Cannot Cause Global Warming’
BASTARDI: CO2 cannot cause global warming. I’ll tell you why. It doesn’t mix well with the atmosphere, for one. For two, its specific gravity is 1 1/2 times that of the rest of the atmosphere. It heats and cools much quicker. Its radiative processes are much different. So it cannot — it literally cannot cause global warming.

Asked about Bastardi’s statements, Kerry Emanuel of MIT said: “Utter rubbish. Sorry to be so direct, but that is just the case.” NASA climatologist Gavin Schmidt added: “Bastardi is attempting to throw out 150 years of physics.” “He seems very confused,” said physicist Richard Muller.

Bastardi may be hoping that when delivered confidently, terms like “specific gravity” and “radiative processes” can convince Fox’s viewers that he knows what he’s talking about. But don’t be fooled; he is again garbling the very basics of climate science.
That first dude is spot on. Feel free to have the other dude present his evidence. How's that?

of course it isnt.

is the Sun a blackbody?

I was talking about the corona, in reference to Same Shit Different Derps smart photon claims.

of course it isnt.

is the Sun a blackbody?

I was talking about the corona, in reference to Same Shit Different Derps smart photon claims.
So what happens to your cold photons do they miss hitting the object? Oh and all the other objects as well right?

of course it isnt.

is the Sun a blackbody?

So what happens to your cold photons do they miss hitting the object? Oh and all the other objects as well right?

So what happens to your cold photons do they miss hitting the object?

Photons don't know, and wouldn't care, what the temperature of their target was.

Forum List

Back