Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

I don't have an issue with 760 < 850. Do you?
Why would I? 760 is less than 850.

But that's still not you agreeing that solar farms induce a regional cooling effect as measured at six solar farms. And I can't go on until you do. Because you keep muddying the waters with it.

Why would I? 760 is less than 850.

But that's still not you agreeing that solar farms induce a regional cooling effect as measured at six solar farms. And I can't go on until you do. Because you keep muddying the waters with it.

I'm glad you finally understand some of the math.

But that's still not you agreeing that solar farms induce a regional cooling effect

But that's still not you agreeing that solar electricity use induces a regional warming effect.

Waste heat from electricity use is the same for all cases. It's in the case of generating electricity from 100% fossil fuels and it's in the case of generating electricity from 100% solar. So you will have exactly the same waste heat in both cases. What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet (760 < 850). So converting from fossil fuels to solar will keep the same waste heat and will reduce the effective solar radiation heating the surface of the planet which incrementally will result in a net cooling relative to fossil fuels.

Waste heat from electricity use is the same for all cases. It's in the case of generating electricity from 100% fossil fuels and it's in the case of generating electricity from 100% solar. So you will have exactly the same waste heat in both cases. What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet. So converting from fossil fuels to solar will keep the same waste heat and will reduce the effective solar radiation heating the surface of the planet which incrementally will result in a net cooling relative to fossil fuels.

Waste heat from electricity use is the same for all cases.

Yes, 190 watts of nat gas electricity will heat the city just as much as 190 watts of solar electricity.

Waste heat from electricity use is the same for all cases. It's in the case of generating electricity from 100% fossil fuels and it's in the case of generating electricity from 100% solar. So you will have exactly the same waste heat in both cases. What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet (760 < 850). So converting from fossil fuels to solar will keep the same waste heat and will reduce the effective solar radiation heating the surface of the planet which incrementally will result in a net cooling relative to fossil fuels.

What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet.

That's true, because the lower albedo of the panel increases the solar radiation warming the planet.

So much for your claim that solar panels cool the planet because their electricity doesn't heat the surface.
Relative to fossil fuels it does.

For solar farm daytime temperatures to be incrementally cooler the net albedo of the solar panels (after subtracting the solar radiation converted to electricity) must be effectively higher than bare earth, not lower.

If you want to change your claim, you should do that.

What won't be the same is solar radiation warming the surface of the planet (760 < 850).

So converting from fossil fuels to solar will keep the same waste heat and will reduce the effective solar radiation heating the surface

The solar radiation heating the surface is increasing from 850 to 950.

Forum List

Back