Power the U.S. With Solar Panels!

Seems the lefts' attitude changes re: mining depending on what is being mined. Lithium--OK, Coal--NONONOOOOO!

You're an idiot. You make up stuff and attribute it to others. Coal mining jobs have been in steady decline since 1950, stupid.

The problem with solar is that it is simply to low level of an energy source per square whatever measurement you use.

I worked on a NRC application for a nuclear power plant expansion in Texas about 15 years ago. My department had to write the section on alternate energy. That is required by the NRC.

It would have taken more than the area of the county the plant was in for solar collectors to even be 50% of what the reactor was going to produce. By the way, Texas has big counties.

Unless you live in a narrow sun band in the SW a roof is not going to give you enough space for the solar collectors to run an average American middle class household. Not the parts of the roof facing South for the most efficient collection..

It is shitty technology for power generation.
I agree. It's especially crappy for base loading the grid. It's ridiculous to think that by 2035 or 2050 or whatever arbitrary date they want to pick, that 100% of generation will come from renewables. I don't see it happening.

You're an idiot. You make up stuff and attribute it to others. Coal mining jobs have been in steady decline since 1950, stupid.
Fuck off you idiot bitch. I didn't say a fucking word about coal mining jobs. I have watched you and your ilk use mining scars as a reason for not mining coal for the last year and now you are trying to distance yourself from it. Like most democrats, you are a bald faced liar.

Solar cells do not produce electricity in the longer wave length spectrum.
Never said it did. The upward long wave radiation that I am discussing is the heat radiated back into the atmosphere from the surface of the planet after solar radiation (HEAT) caused the surface of the planet to heat up. It is that heat which was 2C cooler AFTER solar panels were installed. The reason it was 2C cooler AFTER solar panels were installed is because some of the incoming solar radiation (HEAT) was converted into electricity and did not heat the surface of the planet. So the DAYTIME temperatures above the farm were 2C cooler because that's when the solar panels were producing electricity. At night the temperatures were effectively the same. Why were the night the temperatures were effectively the same ? Because there was no electricity being generated.

Apparently at current technology, I will show you a picture of how many solar panels it would take to power the U.S. That is both day and night. (With the stored energy for nighttime) The square in yellow shows the total amount of area in solar panels it would take to do it. Argue with that you naysayers.

View attachment 538042
Who is stopping you or any other green true believer from putting up solar panels?

What are you waiting for?

I know

You want non believers to pay for them

You've probably never had to state what something is your whole life. You are like a textbook example of everything that is bad in this country. You practice critical theory, you normalize your deviance, you have an external locus of control and you ass fuck logic like it's your boyfriend on Saturday night. The errors are all yours and they are self induced.

Pointing our your errors make you upset.

You brought up coal mining. I didn't. Quit acting like a brat.
Try again, moron. Please review the thread and show me where I said a fucking word about coal until you claimed to support mining in post#875. I pointed out, correctly, that you and your ilk have used coal mining scars on the earth as a reason to abandon coal. Now that argument doesn't seem to mean much when it supports your bullshit narrative--quit being a lying bitch.

Pointing our your errors make you upset.
Not at all. There haven't been any. You've been serving my purpose. I have explained exactly why solar panels have a cooling effect. You on the other hand haven't explained anything. I only care about getting the truth out. See? I'm going to do it again.

1. Satellites measured upwards long wave radiation over six solar farm sites before and after solar panels were installed.
  2. Daytime measurements of upward long wave radiation were 2C cooler after the solar panels were installed.
  3. The only possible explanation is that the solar radiation was converted into electricity before it could warm the surface of the planet.

I couldn't do this without you. :)

Not at all. There haven't been any. You've been serving my purpose. I have explained exactly why solar panels have a cooling effect. You on the other hand haven't explained anything. I only care about getting the truth out. See? I'm going to do it again.

1. Satellites measured upwards long wave radiation over six solar farm sites before and after solar panels were installed.
  2. Daytime measurements of upward long wave radiation were 2C cooler after the solar panels were installed.
  3. The only possible explanation is that the solar radiation was converted into electricity before it could warm the surface of the planet.

I couldn't do this without you. :)
How is a long wave cooler? Does it change frequency? Or do you mean there is less long wave radiation?

Yes, but it is also emanating from the Sun's spectrum.
A picture is sometimes worth a thousand words.

1655940093687.png

Forum List

Back