Pot is a states issue

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Pot is a states issue as the constitution gives not one ounce of power to the federal government to kick down your door for smoking a leaf. It is completely unconstitutional. I hope Oregon takes the federal government to court as we'll win.

Want a sure fire case to limit the federal governments power over the states? Well, back this or you're not a constitutional conservative. You like to argue how the constitution should be strictly followed...well, if you do that then you can't find the wording.

Last edited:
The federal government has taken on many "powers" that were not outlined in the constitution.

I suspect that if the trend in states was to criminalize pot use, then the op would be calling for federal action to legalize it. In other words, the op is just a fucking pot head.

If pot should only be a state issue, why not environmental regulations too?

I agree. Any State legalizing pot should tax it and regulate it like tobacco. A gold mine in funds out there if they did that.

probably more like Alcohol, but I get the concept.

What has to happen is that Congress has to remove Pot from Schedule I of the 1970 controlled substances act. It is one of the listed drugs on the original legislation, and that means, to me, only congress can remove it.

That being said, I support any congressperson or Senator that would vote to remove it from Schedule I and leave it to the States.

Pot is a states issue as the constitution gives not one ounce of power to the federal government to kick down your door for smoking a leaf. It is completely unconstitutional. I hope Oregon takes the federal government to court as we'll win.

Want a sure fire case to limit the federal governments power over the states? Well, back this or you're not a constitutional conservative. You like to argue how the constitution should be strictly followed...well, if you do that then you can't find the wording.

Of course I can, the States through their elected representatives decided what drugs would be illegal. The States also agreed to abide by those laws by accepting statehood. It's so simple a 3 year old can understand, one day you may reach that level of intellect.

Bill O'Reilly from FOX hates pot with the heat of a million suns.
Trump worships the views on FOX and does what they want.
Sessions hates everyone and everything.

Say goodbye to freedom pot boyz.
Get caught with a joint and you are going away for 10 years mandatory
in one of those thousand newly built run for profit prisons that Law and order Trumpers will demand...

I hope this never happens as I have been investing in companies that deal with the stuff...
but I have a bad feeling about this and other things with this administration.

Self defense laws should be strengthened to remove any and all question or penalty to those that use deadly force against a pothead.

I agree. Too bad you aren't very consistent on this outlook...

No one is going to kick down the door of a casual pot smoker.

You do not need the government to get weed, it's available everywhere

Self defense laws should be strengthened to remove any and all question or penalty to those that use deadly force against a pothead.

When have you ever seen a violent pothead? They are more of a DUI risk than anything else.

The only thing I threaten when I smoke up (1-2 time a year) is usually a Whopper, A BK original chicken sandwich, a large fries, and of course, the required diet Coke.

No one is going to kick down the door of a casual pot smoker.

You do not need the government to get weed, it's available everywhere

Why not just repeal it under Schedule I and let the States figure it out? Why have laws on the books no one wants to really enforce?

Of course I can, the States through their elected representatives decided what drugs would be illegal. The States also agreed to abide by those laws by accepting statehood. It's so simple a 3 year old can understand, one day you may reach that level of intellect.

What part of the Constitution allows the federal government to create a blanket ban on a substance across the board? None, that I can see and they can't justify using the Commerce Clause if the substance is cultivated and sold only within the state. Drug legalization falls under the Tenth Amendment, that amendment conservatives always say they support until states want to do something they don't like.

Red state morons are too damn dumb to use pot as a tool and create revenue ... their hypocritical moral stance gives them the ability to get in the middle of other peoples business and bitch.

why make it legal?

Forum List

Back