Posting photos

Would have to really go out of your way to avoid identifying stuff leaking like. Anything unique to a user could be searched for making any such measures redundant. Any unique quote or image used here, if on a FB profile as well could yield real-world ID for example. And though I don't know how, have heard you can do similar searches for images via some site or search string.

I once had the bad luck of attracting the attention of a real scum bag rw cyber-stalker so I learned my lesson the hard way. So, now, I'm very careful.

Its actually so very easy to find a whole hell of a lot of very personal and identifying info from the most innocent of posts.

But, apparently, the some posters don't mind.

Fact is, they haven't a clue about what info they're giving out.

Upload the picture to your Photo Album. Post it from that Image Link. No Trace.

Would have to really go out of your way to avoid identifying stuff leaking like. Anything unique to a user could be searched for making any such measures redundant. Any unique quote or image used here, if on a FB profile as well could yield real-world ID for example. And though I don't know how, have heard you can do similar searches for images via some site or search string.

I once had the bad luck of attracting the attention of a real scum bag rw cyber-stalker so I learned my lesson the hard way. So, now, I'm very careful.

Its actually so very easy to find a whole hell of a lot of very personal and identifying info from the most innocent of posts.

But, apparently, the some posters don't mind.

Fact is, they haven't a clue about what info they're giving out.

Upload the picture to your Photo Album. Post it from that Image Link. No Trace.

Yes, I followed the link and know the board is set not to leave a trail, and that was actually my original question.

How do I do that?

Which icon is "that Image Link"? Its not the "Insert Image" link but I can't figure out which one it is.

Thank you.

Forum List

Back