Post-election Decompression

Boss

Take a Memo:
Apr 21, 2012
Birmingham, AL
Sometimes it helps to decompress from a big election like this by relaxing and taking a moment to understand a few things. You know, put things in their real perspective and get ourselves grounded again. I know a few people were probably surprised the sun came up this morning.

One important thing for those of us excited about a Trump win need to remember is, the liberal left fully believes in all their vitriolic rhetoric. They are literally in shock that our nation elected Trump and they firmly believe it's because we're all a bunch of racist, sexist, Islamaphobes, bigots, homophobes, xenophobes, etc. We want to kick all foreigners out of the country and return black people to chains and women to the kitchen. This wasn't just stuff they claimed while trying to get Hillary elected, they really do believe this.

Now I try to put myself in the shoes of others sometimes because it helps me to remain humble and empathetic. I can imagine what it might be like to think half your fellow citizens are all these deplorable people with no indication of any kind of decency as human beings. That's a pretty depressing thought and it can't be very healthy. So what can WE do about this? Well, nothing really... we just have to keep an eye on these poor souls and maybe hide the sharp objects for the next week or so.

Things will improve for them over time. As they realize that Trump is not Satan... not that they believe in Satan... but Trump is not him, and Trump isn't going to round up all the foreigners and ship them out of the country... he's not going to pass some executive order that men can freely grab women by the pussy.... they'll return to normal... or at least, normal for a liberal.

But for now... I gotta say... it's nice not to have them being their typical arrogant smart-assed selves. To just have their condescending smarmy mouths shut for a day has been so wonderful.

Forum List

Back