Portland mosque of kid FBI set up with fake bombs gets burned

No, no....entrapment is In now.

Exactly how was this entrapment?

ENTRAPMENT
A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.

And the key recording that would prove this was entirely the idea of Mohamud is the one peace of evidence that the FBI did not get due to "technical difficulties."

Thy have plenty of evidence that shows this idiots intention and you have zero evidence of entrapment.

I nailed this one.

FoxNews.com - Oregon Muslim Leaders Fear Retribution After Christmas Tree Lighting Bomb Plot

Omar Jamal, first secretary for the Somali mission to the United Nations in New York City, told The Associated Press his office has received "thousands of calls" from Somalis in the United States who are concerned about tactics used by federal agents in the sting operation against Mohamud.

An FBI affidavit said agents began investigating after receiving a tip from an unidentified person who expressed concern about Mohamud.

An agent e-mailed Mohamud, pretending to be affiliated with one of the people overseas whom Mohamud had tried to contact. Undercover agents then set up a series of face-to-face meetings with Mohamud at hotels in Portland and Corvallis.

Authorities said they allowed the plot to proceed to obtain evidence to charge the suspect with attempted use of a weapon of mass destruction.

Jamal said there is concern in the Somali community that Mohamud was "lured into an illegal act."

"Rest assured that the community is very against anyone who tries to do harm to the citizens of this country," he said. But many Somalis in the United States are wondering whether Mohammud's rights were violated by federal agents, he said.

Why "did they tell him to go along with this heinous crime?" Jamal said.

The FBI affidavit said it was Mohamud who picked the target of the bomb plot, that he was warned several times about the seriousness of his plan, that women and children could die, and that he could back out.

Officials said Mohamud had no formal ties to foreign terror groups, although he had reached out to suspected terrorists in Pakistan.

Exactly how was this entrapment?

ENTRAPMENT
A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.

And the key recording that would prove this was entirely the idea of Mohamud is the one peace of evidence that the FBI did not get due to "technical difficulties."

Thy have plenty of evidence that shows this idiots intention and you have zero evidence of entrapment.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...-with-fake-bombs-gets-burned.html#post3028415

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...-with-fake-bombs-gets-burned.html#post3028415

Thanks for proving my point.

We will undoubtably hear about the defence arguing that his client was ENTRAPPED.

And, while we can argue whether or not this is the case, the fact is not one of us really KNOW, now, do we?

Not that I want to rain on anybody's let's insult our fellow posters parade or anything, but until we know the details of the case, how can any of us take a position on this question?

We will undoubtably hear about the defence arguing that his client was ENTRAPPED.

And, while we can argue whether or not this is the case, the fact is not one of us really KNOW, now, do we?

Not that I want to rain on anybody's let's insult our fellow posters parade or anything, but until we know the details of the case, how can any of us take a position on this question?

Any one that can read the FBI affidavits knows.

They can only know what the FBI warrants say.

BTW, have you read them?

Besides that, what does the DEFENCE say?

You and I won't know that until the trial.

Tht is, after all, why we bother with trials, ya know.

BTW, have you read them?

Yes I have read the affidavits. And it's defense, not DEFENCE and of course they will deny it but there is video taped evidence as well as emails showing the teens intent.

I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be a trial, of course there should be a trial and the kid will be found guilty and hopefully serve the rest of his miserable life in prison.

BTW, have you read them?

Yes I have read the affidavits. And it's defense, not DEFENCE and of course they will deny it but there is video taped evidence as well as emails showing the teens intent.

I'm not suggesting that there shouldn't be a trial, of course there should be a trial and the kid will be found guilty and hopefully serve the rest of his miserable life in prison.

So you know the defense before you've even heard it?

I wish I have that kind of prescience.

Well the little dirtbag had a choice to make. He made it.

In my book that says it all.

Has anybody mentioned that the mosque that was torched (a little, not to the ground) was in Corvallis, NOT in Portland? It was probably a fucking student at OSU who did it.

BTW, have you read them?

So you know the defense before you've even heard it?

I wish I have that kind of prescience.

Yes, I do. They will use the "entrapment" defense. That's the only defense they have and it will be ineffective.

Common sense goes a long way.

Forum List

Back