Zone1 Pope Francis: Ukraine Conflict Fueled by Empires.

Donald H

Platinum Member
Nov 26, 2020

This is interesting because he's at least trying to get involved.

This is mainly an FYI topic for Christians who may want to comment on the possibility that any good can come out of the Pope's attempt to be involved. And especially his influence on the Catholic flock who hang on his opinions.

He has also pinned the blame for the Ukraine conflict on Kiev and its Western backers who started the war against the people of Donbass in 2014. He noted, however, that although Russia “did not start the military activities,” it is now trying to end them.

Just one of the several references to America that he makes, without saying the word.

Is it just a little too obvious or can American catholics spin it to make it suggest something else?

This is mainly an FYI topic for Christians who may want to comment on the possibility that any good can come out of the Pope's attempt to be involved. And especially his influence on the Catholic flock who hang on his opinions.
It's about controlling the natural gas market in Europe. Same as the conflict in Syria. A gas discovery in southern Ukraine versus a pipeline ROW in Syria. Almost all wars are started because of money.

Just one of the several references to America that he makes, without saying the word.

Is it just a little too obvious or can American catholics spin it to make it suggest something else?
Couldn't I just disagree with him instead?

Couldn't I just disagree with him instead?
'You' can!
And part of the Catholic church's flock will try too.
I just hope my devout Catholic Ukrainian sister-in-law doesn't hear about it!

Can I as an atheist, become a Catholic on a short term basis without paying?

'You' can!
And part of the Catholic church's flock will try too.
I just hope my devout Catholic Ukrainian sister-in-law doesn't hear about it!

Can I as an atheist, become a Catholic on a short term basis without paying?
Sure you can but it won't change anything at all. It will be what it will be as it always does.

Sure you can but it won't change anything at all. It will be what it will be as it always does.
Good for you my friend, you're probably going to be the only Catholic who dares to comment on this earthshaking proclamation by the Pope!

And from an atheist's POV, good for the Pope on risking the truth, when it's going to either be ignored in America or it's going to cost his church dearly. This is how new breakaway sects come into being!

Good for you my friend, you're probably going to be the only Catholic who dares to comment on this earthshaking proclamation by the Pope!

And from an atheist's POV, good for the Pope on risking the truth, when it's going to either be ignored in America or it's going to cost his church dearly. This is how new breakaway sects come into being!
Is it earthshaking? I don't believe so. Will there be a cost to the Church? I don't believe so. Does it make you happy to believe both are true? Probably so.

Catholics are allowed to disagree with the Pope.

Is it earthshaking? I don't believe so. Will there be a cost to the Church? I don't believe so. Does it make you happy to believe both are true? Probably so.

Catholics are allowed to disagree with the Pope.
See the Jimmy Dore link.

He says that America is going to have to sanction the Vatican!

I think - A well placed American cruise missile would get the job done a bit faster.

This Pope isn't going to make the same mistake as the one who got onside with Hitler!

Last edited:
See the Jimmy Dore link.

He says that America is going to have to sanction the Vatican!

I think - A well placed American cruise missile would get the job done a bit faster.

This Pope isn't going to make the same mistake as the one who got onside with Hitler!

Enemies of the Church are nothing new. We get it from both sides. It's helpful to remember that the members are the Church. As such we have peace through the storm.

Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; anticipate one another in showing honor. Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality. Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your own estimation. Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, on your part, live at peace with all. Beloved, do not look for revenge but leave room for the wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Rather, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.” Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.​

Enemies of the Church are nothing new. We get it from both sides. It's helpful to remember that the members are the Church. As such we have peace through the storm.

Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; anticipate one another in showing honor. Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality. Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them. Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Have the same regard for one another; do not be haughty but associate with the lowly; do not be wise in your own estimation. Do not repay anyone evil for evil; be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all. If possible, on your part, live at peace with all. Beloved, do not look for revenge but leave room for the wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” Rather, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals upon his head.” Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good.​
This current Pope took all that seriously!
Are you going to be sincere, hate what is evil, and hold onto what is good that has come from your Pope?

As an atheist, can I symbolically claim him as my Pope?

This current Pope took all that seriously!
Are you going to be sincere, hate what is evil, and hold onto what is good that has come from your Pope?

As an atheist, can I symbolically claim him as my Pope?
Truth is discovered through a conflict and confusion process. Diversity of thought is critical to that process. We all play our part in it. God is logic among other "things." As such we live in a logical universe where error eventually fails. So time will tell who is right and who is wrong. So I'm not inclined to accept your biased views on what is true and what is false. You have an agenda and that agenda skews your beliefs. As near as I can tell you are a Russian sympathizer who condemns respect for the Catholic Church. But in this instance you set aside your disdain because it serves your purpose.

He is NOT the pope.

The Vatican was stolen from Catholics in 1958. Some say that Pius XII was murdered (God knows but I suspect this was so)

Someone who speaks and writes heretical nonsense that is not in any way Catholic teaching cannot be, and is not the pope.

Jesus promised to protect St Peter, the first pope (or more accurately He prayed for him, that his faith would not fail & he would then turn and strengthen the others [the 11])

This prayer of our Lord was prayed over that first papacy and therefore, all that others that would follow. The Chair of St Peter has been vacant for 64 years.

He is NOT the pope.

The Vatican was stolen from Catholics in 1958. Some say that Pius XII was murdered (God knows but I suspect this as well)

Someone who speaks and writes heretical nonsense that is not Catholic cannot be and is not the pope.

Jesus promised to protect St Peter, the first pope (or more accurately He prayed for him, that his faith would not fail) and this prayer was prayed over that first papacy and therefore, all that would follow. The Chair of St Peter has been vacant for 64 years.
I'm sorry but I'm not interested right now. Probably later if Ding and/or Meriweather become attracted to your topic?

I am disappointed with Pope Francis. Nothing justifies the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine is not a threat to Russia. Neither is NATO. Neither wanted to invade Russia.

I am disappointed with Pope Francis. Nothing justifies the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine is not a threat to Russia. Neither is NATO. Neither wanted to invade Russia.

Pope Francis seems to think that Russia was provoked by the Ukrainian Nazi faction that was apparently killing the ethnic Russia people of the Donbass.

He doesn't claim it's justified but he doesn't pretend it wasn't happening either.

And he doesn't try to shift the blame onto Putin. (Russia)

If I needed a Pope, I would pick this one, at least temporarily!

Forum List

Back