Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI dead at 95, Vatican says

Pope Benedict XVI is responsible for permitting, after decades of suppression, the Traditional Latin Mass, which is in turn responsible for the conversion and reversion of countless young Catholics. For that act alone the man is a giant.

The only Pope I've seen. Stumbled across him in Rome one rainy night with some Mexican dude who actually had an umbrella. Not sure many will be saddened at his death. Just a footnote in history, the first former Pope to die since 1451, I think.

• Banned
In his homily at the Mass for the election of the Roman pontiff on April 18, 2005, then cardinal Ratzinger described two essential qualifi cations for this office in service of the divine ministry: obedience and fruitfulness. Quoting from John 15:14, “You are my friends if you do what I command you,” he extolled the authentic freedom Jesus conferred on us by his own submission to his Father. “Not my will but Thine be done” (Lk 22:42) was the prayer wrung from Jesus during his agony in the Garden of Gethsemani before his arrest.

Earlier he had taught his disciples to pray with the words, “Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven” (Mt 6:10). Knowing that we have been relieved of the burden of our autonomy, like the Prodigal Son returning home, we experience the joy of overcoming the rebelliousness that alienates us from God, who is the very source of our being, when we seek to do his will.

• Banned
"this redemption from sin that estranges us from God is promised to every single person, for it is God’s will that no one shall be lost to him, but that all will be gathered into his kingdom" - Benedict

I said yesterday elsewhere and before this news that it amazed me that Francis and his pals had not finished Benny off a long time ago .

He obviously took the hint .
Now we only have the really Black Pope . So some say .

• Banned
we must be inspired by a “holy restlessness,” which impels us to show to everyone we meet the gift of faith that confers friendship with Christ.

Quoting John 15:16, “I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain,” Benedict reminded us that all the material things we value will ultimately disappear in time. But the human person, “created by God for eternity,” will live forever. So, then, what endures is love. The fruit that remains is the love we have for one another. Through obedience we are united to the will of God, who is Father to us all. And through faith in Christ and friendship with him, we are united to one another in the service of love, the fruits of which will endure for all eternity

Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI dead at 95, Vatican says

9:34 a.m. He was 95 years old.

He is most immediately remembered outside the Catholic Church for his surprise resignation — the first papal abdication since 1415 — and subsequent life as the world’s first "pope emeritus" in centuries.

Benedict was born Joseph Ratzinger on April 16, 1927, in Bavaria. He came of age in Germany after World War I at the same time the Nazi regime was growing in power. 

I know nothing about the various Popes....But can anyone forget the Pope Mobile?

Pope_Mobile_-_Copy-2654996.jpg

Benedict was more friendly toward the TRUE Catholic Church, the Society of Saint Pius X than the libtard francis

But he was not what I would call a true Catholic.. just saying. I can't say I know a lot of details about him.

I hope he died in God's good grace

It took humility to resign. Pope Frank is a disaster, and he has seeded the college of cardinals with clones of himself, thus ensuring the continuation of his awful reign.

What I remember about Benedict is that he looked too much like Chancellor Palpatine from the Star Wars Movies.

2010_01_18_MichaelInNorfolk_TheMisplaced_ph_Pope.jpg

On a more serious note, he was largely implicit in the covering up for the Pedophile Priest Scandal in the Catholic Church and deserves nothing but contempt for that.

That he established a new precedent of Pope's retiring instead of being propped up until they die is useful (who can forget how pathetic John Paul II looked waiting to die), might be useful, but frankly, there is so much truly fucked up about Catholicism that they should really tear it all down and start all over again.

Forum List

Back