Pop music today blows

I am about to make you really upset.

• Ke$ha's "Tik-Tok" sold more copies than any Beatles single.
  • Flo Rida's "Low" sold as many copies as "Hey Jude."
  • The cast of Glee has had more songs chart than the Beatles.
In other words, no matter what you think, teenagers today disagree, and spend more money to prove their point than you and your compatriots have.

In other words, no matter what you think, teenagers today disagree, and spend more money to prove their point than you and your compatriots have.

You mean kids today spend more of the parents money..... Back then parents had some control and limits.

It's a different world.

The world of today has an unbelievable "badness."

In my eyes, the music from the 80s always has been, and always will be, the best music- ever.
The big hair bands.....more hair the better ~LoL~......that was nice music, nice songs.
I enjoy listening to a song where I can understand the words that are being sung....some of these songs these days, that the younger generation listens to.....hell I can't make nor tails out of what they're saying~
I enjoy some of the music played today, but overall.....the 80s music was my favorite~

Tik Tok was one I can listen to, but it's definitely not going to make my all time favorites list.....I don't like Ke$ha, but I don't like the Beatles either~

Some of the newer music, is crazy. The Glee shit is stupid to me ~LoL~
But to each his own.
I still listen to my huge collection from the 80s....
Def Lepperd
Survivor
Eddie Money
Loverboy
Foreignor
ToTo
Kiss (yeah, some of that crap is alright)
Heart
Pat Benatar
Air Supply (even tho most gents won't admit they listened to them, I know some who did)
And the list goes on and on.................

you sound like you parents -- or somebody's parents. thats what parents in the 60s said about pop music back then. The Beatles were awful to them. Terrible musicians etc. All they could do was scream yeah yeah yeah was the stereotype. Thats what older people always say in any decade. If pop music isnt offending the ears of the older generation it just isnt doing its job.

Fact is -- there was alot of garbage music in the 60s -- it just didnt endure. You only really focus on the good stuff There always is a lot of bad stuff - and some very good -- at all times and that is the case today

you sound like you parents -- or somebody's parents. thats what parents in the 60s said about pop music back then. The Beatles were awful to them. Terrible musicians etc. All they could do was scream yeah yeah yeah was the stereotype. Thats what older people always say in any decade. If pop music isnt offending the ears of the older generation it just isnt doing its job.

Fact is -- there was alot of garbage music in the 60s -- it just didnt endure. You only really focus on the good stuff There always is a lot of bad stuff - and some very good -- at all times and that is the case today

Thats what I thought too.

That the Beatles were studio musicians/songwriters who couldn't really perform live.

Watching clips of their concerts on UTube (after I got DSL) showed me otherwise.

They could bring it........................

You can always go back and time and say "so and so was better than so and so". But, what is the point? Music isn't a single thing but a garden of fun and variety. You can't just eat a diet of bread so why would you only want to have a music diet of the Beatles. If some musician is here today and gone tomorrow, so what? Why can't you enjoy them today? I took my daughter to see Justin Bieber. He may be the next great lasting thing or not . So what? I allowed myself to get caught up in her excitement and fun and had a great time at his concert.
There are tons of good artists today. I think Lady Gaga is tops. She is the most awesome performer i have ever seen and i think she is pure fun. There is some really good country music going on as well. Most people who don't like today's music are just being musical snobs. Open up your ears and partake and enjoy!!

You can always go back and time and say "so and so was better than so and so". But, what is the point? Music isn't a single thing but a garden of fun and variety. You can't just eat a diet of bread so why would you only want to have a music diet of the Beatles. If some musician is here today and gone tomorrow, so what? Why can't you enjoy them today? I took my daughter to see Justin Bieber. He may be the next great lasting thing or not . So what? I allowed myself to get caught up in her excitement and fun and had a great time at his concert.
There are tons of good artists today. I think Lady Gaga is tops. She is the most awesome performer i have ever seen and i think she is pure fun. There is some really good country music going on as well. Most people who don't like today's music are just being musical snobs. Open up your ears and partake and enjoy!!

You would have liked the Beatles if you were 15 in 1964.

They didnt wave a magic-wand and suddenly become famous and successfull - slam-dunk biggest rock group of all time.

They grinded it out in the early years as unknowns....

They didnt wave a magic-wand and suddenly become famous and successfull - slam-dunk biggest rock group of all time.

I was 2 in 1964....and I just did not ever care for the Beatles, no matter the older I got.
I liked Elvis Presley better ~LoL~

As for Lady Gaga, when she first started really getting noticed, I called her Lady GagMe....I felt she went way overboard with some of her videos.
I said videos mind you....because altho she is one weird chicklet....she has some good songs and I do listen to a bunch of her stuff. But a few of her videos make me wrinkle my face and go "no fucking way" :lol:
Today's music.....I really enjoy Nickelback.
They just released their new CD...Here And Now....I didn't think I would like anything better than their last one, but I was wrong...I love this new one!

I didn't say the Beatles weren't great. Of course they were. But, life isn't about only eating potatoes or whatever. There is room in the world for all kinds of music and musicians and performers. It isn't only a competition for Best in Show. You can enjoy it all. That is what makes music so awesome.

I remember when the Beatles first arrived on the US scene…

I didn’t particularly like their music ‘til a coupla years later… when Revolver came out…

I played the shit outta that album while staying at a cabin on the lake late Summer ’66…

even though I wasn’t a big fan of their music ‘til later, I loved the Beatles’ first two movies… especially “Hard Day’s Night”… loved the lads’ on-screen personalities…

even though I wasn’t a big fan of their music ‘til later, I loved the Beatles’ first two movies… especially “Hard Day’s Night”… loved the lads’ on-screen personalities…

Oh shit, not only do I really really not care for the Beatles...but your avai is even worse dude ~Lmao~
Oh cripes.....it's sickening even....*excuse me, I'm off to puke!

Oh shit, not only do I really really not care for the Beatles...but your avai is even worse dude ~Lmao~
Oh cripes.....it's sickening even....*excuse me, I'm off to puke!

I had thought to mebbe use this one instead...

remoteImage-126.jpg

There was an excitement/electricity about the Fab 4 that will never be duplicated.

Never/Ever.

Forum List

Back