Poor Fire Discipline

I don't know what the cops were able to see, that can't be seen from the bodycam footage, but they definitely opened fire immediately. And that second cops body cam footage was a bit gut churning, because it looked like he popped off a shot with his own partner in the lane of fire.

Meh. If you're going to open fire on the police, I think they should get to shoot you as many times as they want...
Agreed. I hate sloppy shooting, though. Officer should pay for the damage to police equipment, shooting through back glass of a police car, receive orders for additional range time training, and have to qualify again on the range before returning to street duty.

Agreed. I hate sloppy shooting, though. Officer should pay for the damage to police equipment, shooting through back glass of a police car, receive orders for additional range time training, and have to qualify again on the range before returning to street duty.
Undoubtedly spoken by someone who's never had someone shooting at you, trying to kill you...

I don't know what the cops were able to see, that can't be seen from the bodycam footage, but they definitely opened fire immediately. And that second cops body cam footage was a bit gut churning, because it looked like he popped off a shot with his own partner in the lane of fire.
Yea, and he didn't seek cover, either, he just backed up and kept firing.

Glocks with COs strike me as funny.

*Good reload drill by LEO #2. Bad in that he puts his partner in direct line of fire for a minute.
*LEO #1 immediately uses cover well, but should standing with body protected by windows only is not good. Decent concealment though.

Undoubtedly spoken by someone who's never had someone shooting at you, trying to kill you...
OOhhh....That bitch slap left a bruise......lolololol

People are judged on split second conditions regarding their life or others?????.The arm chair quarterback is an amazing species

lol....................I'd like to see people in that situation. I know I'd be shittin me drawers

I liked it when the second officer shooting, moved 30 feet behind the other office behind the car, with the suspect car immediately forward of both the police car, the officer behind the car and the suspect car. It is a good way for an officer to take one in the back from friendly fire. I did not see the officer immediately behind the police car put one through his own rear window. I was also not impressed with the tactic of closing the door to the cruiser. While offering little or no protection, it offers concealment of exact position. You are correct, in that I have only had the experience of somebody purposely shooting in my direction, but not necessarily trying to hit me.

I'm still back on the glock with a CO. Good for them but funny.

We must remember, typical police officers are not trained to infantry combat or advanced tactical standards. Most officers never use their weapons and rarely if ever draw them.

Last edited:

We must remember, typical police officers are not trained to infantry combat or advanced tactical standards. Most officers never use their weapons and rarely if ever draw them.

My Dad was a New York State Trooper for five years and never drew his sidearm...

I have no problem with either of them. They actually did go towards or stood their ground during a dangerous time. Adrenaline makes it very hard to hold sights on a target. I doubt many condemning their actions would do any where as well. It is great if you are shooting at paper targets. Easy to control every shot.
Once you are being targeted for real and adrenaline kicks in you have to suppress the feeling of flight to save your life it is not even on the same level.

That is an interesting point, and yes, I was judging from a military training standpoint, as well as a accident investigator standpoint.
We see a lot of multiple officer involved shooting. When weapon is drawn, it does become an infantry tactic, gig, and no, you do not attack or defend in-line, except possibly in the retrograde. Running combined small arms live fire ranges used to scare the shit out of me. Why would cops not be trained in the basics of infantry 2 man or squad level tactics, as it increases effectiveness and enhances safety?

Multiple reasons. 1. Training budget isn't there. 2. They aren't infantry, they are police. Combat training is priority #247 to what police do (SWAT is different of course) 3. often police are by themselves during an action.

Years ago, when I was working in Tampa, there was a manhunt for a Jamaican gangmember who had fired at a cop and killed a police dog. When the perp was finally cornered hiding in some woods, he refused to show his hands. He made a sudden move and the 2 officer fired. They hit him (and the tree he was under) 56 times. At a press conference a reporter asked why the deputies shot him 56 times. The Sheriff's answer? It was all the ammo they had with them.

No. But I will say the 60 rounds fired in Akron was excessive.

Um, this incident didn't happen in Akron.

If you can't focus on the actual topic, in a thread which you started, maybe you should just try to save face and bow out.

If you want to discuss something which occurred in Akron, Ohio, you should probably start a thread about that incident. It really doesn't make much sense to post a video of something that happened in Salt Lake City, Utah...

Forum List

Back