Pompeo: US to lift restrictions on contacts with Taiwan

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
John Brennan isn't fit to breathe the same air as Pompeo as far as I am concerned.

THIS is how you lead your nation and tell allies "we are there for your freedom, safety and principles and will NOT back down".

Under Pompeo at the CIA, the U.S became more influential while it's enemies were weakened. Under Brennan, America was being flattened by China AND Russia (as Crimea showed this weakness).

What type of CIA and global U.S influence we going to see in 2021?

The US is lifting long-standing restrictions on contacts between American and Taiwanese officials, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says.

The "self-imposed restrictions" were introduced decades ago to "appease" the mainland Chinese government, which lays claim to the island, the US state department said in a statement.
These rules are now "null and void".

The move is likely to anger China and increase tensions between Washington and Beijing.
It comes as the Trump administration enters its final days ahead of the inauguration of Joe Biden as president on 20 January.

The Biden transition team have said the president-elect is committed to maintaining the previous US policy towards Taiwan.

Analysts say they will be unhappy with such a policy decision being made in the final days of the Trump administration, but that the move could be reversed easily by Mr Pompeo's successor Antony Blinken.

Following the announcement, Taiwan Foreign Minister Joseph Wu thanked Mr Pompeo, saying he was "grateful".
"The closer partnership between Taiwan and the US is firmly based on our shared values, common interests and unshakeable belief in freedom and democracy," he wrote in a tweet.

If we would butt out and mind out own business everywhere we never have to deal with this crap.

How anyone trust anything from the CIA no matter who is running it is beyond me. I say we scrap it.

If we would butt out and mind out own business everywhere we never have to deal with this crap.

How anyone trust anything from the CIA no matter who is running it is beyond me. I say we scrap it.

No. We need an American Empire, contrary to what appeasers say.

The question is HOW to obtain and maintain that empire. Primarily it must be through economic means. A strong, vibrant economy and a sovereign nation that stands by allies, unequivocally and demands those with the means to pay their fair share. Such as Germany, and yes, Canada, in our contributions to NATO.

You can't say, "hey take it easy on Canada and the Europeans, they are our ally" while turning yuor back on the key buffer to the greatest threat by a mile, which is China.

Japan and Taiwan in particular have felt ignored. I am betting if China went into Taiwan you would read countless stories from MSM about how "it's China really anyways so it isn't our business". Of course it is your business.

Have checked out the latest budget? Very generous to the point of $10M in gender studies for Pakistanis. Damn right wingers.

Have checked out the latest budget? Very generous to the point of $10M in gender studies for Pakistanis. Damn right wingers.

That money is military blood money.

Our crazy Trump-supporting Canadian would have us go to war against 1.4 billion nuclear-armed Chinese, whose leaders control the greatest industrial machine in the world. Notice he doesn’t spell out that he is calling for war. But that is what he means in Taiwan with all his blather about how we should “NOT back down.” War 90 miles from the Chinese mainland. A war where no Canadians but American sailors and tens of thousands of Taiwanese will die. For what? For “our common interests and unshakeable belief in freedom and democracy”?

What common interests? The ones Trump showed when he called on his supporters to overthrow a fully due-processed and state-certified Presidential election, prompting them to invade and disrupt our own “democracy” in the nation’s Capitol? We cannot even defend democracy in our own Capitol building! He wants the tail to wag the dog, a disastrous overseas policy. Does he think this will strengthen the Western world? The U.S. financial empire? Democracy in the U.S.?

John Brennan isn't fit to breathe the same air as Pompeo as far as I am concerned.

THIS is how you lead your nation and tell allies "we are there for your freedom, safety and principles and will NOT back down".

Under Pompeo at the CIA, the U.S became more influential while it's enemies were weakened. Under Brennan, America was being flattened by China AND Russia (as Crimea showed this weakness).

What type of CIA and global U.S influence we going to see in 2021?

The US is lifting long-standing restrictions on contacts between American and Taiwanese officials, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo says.

The "self-imposed restrictions" were introduced decades ago to "appease" the mainland Chinese government, which lays claim to the island, the US state department said in a statement.
These rules are now "null and void".

The move is likely to anger China and increase tensions between Washington and Beijing.
It comes as the Trump administration enters its final days ahead of the inauguration of Joe Biden as president on 20 January.

The Biden transition team have said the president-elect is committed to maintaining the previous US policy towards Taiwan.

Analysts say they will be unhappy with such a policy decision being made in the final days of the Trump administration, but that the move could be reversed easily by Mr Pompeo's successor Antony Blinken.

Following the announcement, Taiwan Foreign Minister Joseph Wu thanked Mr Pompeo, saying he was "grateful".
"The closer partnership between Taiwan and the US is firmly based on our shared values, common interests and unshakeable belief in freedom and democracy," he wrote in a tweet.
Pompeo is a Deep stater, and the Deep state knows that the Chinese government loss trust in the U.S. because of the games they have played on Pres. Trump.
It had taken a long time for the Deep state to gain China's trust. China and Russia were the hardest to fooled.
But they had to do a lot of kissing up to gain their trust.
Obama was the Deep state best president they ever had. He done anything for this one world order.

oba-gif_07_delay-0.1s.gif
oba-gif_08_delay-0.1s.gif

It’s egregious, over the top. You were the one to say butt out. Let’s do it.

It’s egregious, over the top. You were the one to say butt out. Let’s do it.

I agree. I've long said it. Seems you are now a supporter of China if you say it.

Forum List

Back