Polls Again: Oof. Biden’s Lead Contracts, Bernie Is Disappearing; Warren Rising

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Hotair ^ | 07/11/2019 | Jazz Shaw

I’m old enough to remember the heady days when Joe Biden was polling somewhere north of 40% and the only other person that could even crawl into the teens was Bernie Sanders. But that was literally weeks ago. The latest Economist/YouGov poll just came out and it’s difficult to say if we actually have a frontrunner among the Democrats. Biden has dropped to 22 percent and Elizabeth Warren is only five points behind him, barely outside the margin of error. And what happened to Bernie Sanders? He’s fallen back to eleven percent, in danger of hitting single digits. (The Hill)

Former Vice President Joe Biden is hanging on to the top spot in the Democratic primary field, leading his nearest rival Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) by 5 points, according to an Economist/YouGov poll released Wednesday.

Biden notched 22 percent support among likely Democratic primary voters in the poll, while Warren finished in second place with 17 percent. In third was Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), who took 14 percent support in the survey.

Rounding out the top five candidates were Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) with 11 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who received 5 percent of the vote.

It’s beginning to look like the Pete Buttigieg boomlet has gone bust. He was the flavor of the week for quite a while there, but his opponents have been tagging him on his handling of the police shooting in South Bend last month, as well as suggesting that he’s insufficiently woke in terms of racism. In any event, his numbers are heading in the wrong direction.

Getting back to the headline, how did Joe Biden slip so far so fast? I suppose we’ll have to credit that at least partially to the first debates and the way Kamala Harris somehow dragged him into a debate on busing (!?!) decades after the last time anyone was talking about it. The pile-on by the media was relentless and it appears that enough people are paying attention to cause him some damage.

Do we really think this could happen to Biden for the third time? Granted, his first presidential bid was kind of a long shot. The second run just hit some unfortunate timing because he ran smack into the teeth of the Hope and Change moment. But this time seemed like it just had to be different. Biden came out of the gates looking as if the primary was only a formality. He had not only the highest name recognition but the best approval ratings and a gold plated resume. And yet somehow Kamala Harris has dragged him into a mud fight. Oddly enough, it hasn’t helped her as much as Elizabeth Warren, though. Those Dem primary voters are a fickle lot this year, or so it seems.

Let’s not start writing Biden’s political obituary just yet, though. He’s still in the lead outside the margins and he has at least a couple more debates to do some damage control. But he clearly can’t take anything for granted anymore and float above the fray. If Biden really wants this, he’s going to have to earn it.

------------

The Brown SHirt Media has to give each of them their month of positive exposure. Beto had his, Sanders had his, Biden had his, Warren and Harris will get theirs, Klobuchar comes closer to the end as she is more “centrist” whatever that is nowadays. She doesn’t want to actually eat aborted babies, I guess.

I knew it. The Dems would throw the old white guys under the bus.

All they can do now is play identity politics. Everything is about race with these people.

Its fun to watch the democrat voters jump from one candidate to the next desperately searching for the one that can beat Trump...its not about ideology with them anymore...its about winning and beating Trump.....its funny as hell....

Every time I see Warren, I think of an angry muppet.
I think of this:

1awarren.jpg

hitler.jpg

I’m old enough to remember the heady days when Joe Biden was polling somewhere north of 40% and the only other person that could even crawl into the teens was Bernie Sanders. But that was literally weeks ago. The latest Economist/YouGov poll just came out and it’s difficult to say if we actually have a frontrunner among the Democrats. Biden has dropped to 22 percent and Elizabeth Warren is only five points behind him, barely outside the margin of error. And what happened to Bernie Sanders? He’s fallen back to eleven percent, in danger of hitting single digits. (The Hill)

Former Vice President Joe Biden is hanging on to the top spot in the Democratic primary field, leading his nearest rival Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) by 5 points, according to an Economist/YouGov poll released Wednesday.

Biden notched 22 percent support among likely Democratic primary voters in the poll, while Warren finished in second place with 17 percent. In third was Sen. Kamala Harris (D-Calif.), who took 14 percent support in the survey.

Rounding out the top five candidates were Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) with 11 percent and South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg, who received 5 percent of the vote.

It’s beginning to look like the Pete Buttigieg boomlet has gone bust. He was the flavor of the week for quite a while there, but his opponents have been tagging him on his handling of the police shooting in South Bend last month, as well as suggesting that he’s insufficiently woke in terms of racism. In any event, his numbers are heading in the wrong direction.

Getting back to the headline, how did Joe Biden slip so far so fast? I suppose we’ll have to credit that at least partially to the first debates and the way Kamala Harris somehow dragged him into a debate on busing (!?!) decades after the last time anyone was talking about it. The pile-on by the media was relentless and it appears that enough people are paying attention to cause him some damage.

Do we really think this could happen to Biden for the third time? Granted, his first presidential bid was kind of a long shot. The second run just hit some unfortunate timing because he ran smack into the teeth of the Hope and Change moment. But this time seemed like it just had to be different. Biden came out of the gates looking as if the primary was only a formality. He had not only the highest name recognition but the best approval ratings and a gold plated resume. And yet somehow Kamala Harris has dragged him into a mud fight. Oddly enough, it hasn’t helped her as much as Elizabeth Warren, though. Those Dem primary voters are a fickle lot this year, or so it seems.

Let’s not start writing Biden’s political obituary just yet, though. He’s still in the lead outside the margins and he has at least a couple more debates to do some damage control. But he clearly can’t take anything for granted anymore and float above the fray. If Biden really wants this, he’s going to have to earn it.

------------

The Brown SHirt Media has to give each of them their month of positive exposure. Beto had his, Sanders had his, Biden had his, Warren and Harris will get theirs, Klobuchar comes closer to the end as she is more “centrist” whatever that is nowadays. She doesn’t want to actually eat aborted babies, I guess.

The odds are 40-60 (and that is good odds with so many candidates) that Harris will be the nominee; unless of course she has skeletons in her closet yet to be exposed.

Why?

Because the Left believes that to many Black voters are leaning towards Trump, so they need to quash that situation. If Trump carries 25% of the Black vote, he will win 35 states. If Trump runs against a white guy, he might carry 30% of the Black vote. If he runs against a white guy who is gay, he might carry 50% of the Black vote, and while I exaggerated a little, not as much as you might think!

Black people are NOT stupid, dumb, or even dizzy. The most improvement in the economy under Trump has gone towards them, and they are seeing that illegal immigration affects their community the most.

I am a minority, and I have BLACK friends! More than a handful of them are for Trump this time, that were NOT last time. The Left doesn't want to tell you these facts, and I am 100% positive, that it is not just in my circle. One of the most important things to them is...…..ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

The reality is----------------->the only way to bridge the gap on this is...……….run a black candidate, plain and simple. If the Left does not, it is Katie bar the door!

All of the Dem front runners have no chance of winning in 2020.

The second tier have some good candidates.

Biden - Will not carry the liberal wing of the Democratic party. He'll divide the party and LOSE.
Warren - Way too far to the left - will scare the daylights out of moderates
Sanders - Same as Warren
Pete - No way in hell America is gonna elect a gay man
Beto - Good talker, but an empty shirt otherwise
Harris - No way America is going to elect a black woman. She'll get people about as excited as Hillary did in 2016.

The best that the Dems have is a Ryan/Gabbard ticket.

I've said it from the get go, Biden: old, white, wealthy, not a Communist, will NOT get Soros's nod to be their nominee. I give it 50/50 Big Mikey "Michelle" Obama out of the bull pen

All of the Dem front runners have no chance of winning in 2020.

The second tier have some good candidates.

Biden - Will not carry the liberal wing of the Democratic party. He'll divide the party and LOSE.
Warren - Way too far to the left - will scare the daylights out of moderates
Sanders - Same as Warren
Pete - No way in hell America is gonna elect a gay man
Beto - Good talker, but an empty shirt otherwise
Harris - No way America is going to elect a black woman. She'll get people about as excited as Hillary did in 2016.

The best that the Dems have is a Ryan/Gabbard ticket.

Moderate dems LOL

What a concept

The Vegas betting odds have Trump as a prohibitive favorite. Its not even close.
The democrat party is tearing itself apart over identity politics and racial bias, and its not even 2020 yet!

Donald Trump EVEN
Kamala Harris +450
Joe Biden +600
Elizabeth Warren +800
Pete Buttigieg +1000
Bernie Sanders +1000

The Democrat party has turned into a funny shitshow. It should be entertaining while we also watch the yuuuge Epstein trial. You know Trump's going to make that shit bigger than OJ's case.

()vomit is in his sights too. :)

D_O_hblUcAEo48g.jpg

------------

The odds are 40-60 (and that is good odds with so many candidates) that Harris will be the nominee; unless of course she has skeletons in her closet yet to be exposed.

Why?

Because the Left believes that to many Black voters are leaning towards Trump, so they need to quash that situation. If Trump carries 25% of the Black vote, he will win 35 states. If Trump runs against a white guy, he might carry 30% of the Black vote. If he runs against a white guy who is gay, he might carry 50% of the Black vote, and while I exaggerated a little, not as much as you might think!

Black people are NOT stupid, dumb, or even dizzy. The most improvement in the economy under Trump has gone towards them, and they are seeing that illegal immigration affects their community the most.

I am a minority, and I have BLACK friends! More than a handful of them are for Trump this time, that were NOT last time. The Left doesn't want to tell you these facts, and I am 100% positive, that it is not just in my circle. One of the most important things to them is...…..ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

The reality is----------------->the only way to bridge the gap on this is...……….run a black candidate, plain and simple. If the Left does not, it is Katie bar the door!
Considering that my idiot younger brother who doesn't give a fuck about anything and only voted for Trump the first time because he thought he was "a badass" is now a bigger Trump fan than I am in some respects and he is very much similar to the average black younger person, I can believe that.

------------

Why?

Considering that my idiot younger brother who doesn't give a fuck about anything and only voted for Trump the first time because he thought he was "a badass" is now a bigger Trump fan than I am in some respects and he is very much similar to the average black younger person, I can believe that.
I hope he likes the Trump job market and is taking advantage moving up the job scale.
Companies need good people and are willing to pay for talent, times are good.

------------

Why?

I hope he likes the Trump job market and is taking advantage moving up the job scale.
Companies need good people and are willing to pay for talent, times are good.
He is a banker, believe it or not.

He would actually be very well off financially if he didn't have a wife and 3 children to take care of.

Democrat leadership sucks so bad that Warren, the woman whose claim to fame is pretending to be a minority, is looking good..

On the other side is Donald Trump...

Our nation is in trouble people

I'll stay with Biden for now; he can't beat Trump but he's the closest they can get, and they need 'close' in order for the criminal illegal alien vote to swing some of the big states. Trump could shoot Big Bird in the head in front of the Washington Monument and beat any Democratic Party candidate, especially after they all rolled around the floor and peed themselves over was going to give away the most to criminal illegal aliens in their fake 'Debates' photo op.

Forum List

Back