Poll shows Gavin Newsom losing recall vote by double digits

Back in the spring the conventional wisdom was that Newsom would likely survive his recall effort. Polling was showing over 60% of respondents were opposed to the recall effort, but that number has slowly sank over the last few months. A poll came out last week with Newsom in a dead heat and now a SurveyUSA poll was released this morning showing those in the favor of a recall effort in the majority for the first time. The trend is not in his favor.

Bah Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA

Residents can print their own ballot, mail it in, and require no ID.

What could possibly go wrong???
100% wrong, but hey, you're the maga fuckup.

Back in the spring the conventional wisdom was that Newsom would likely survive his recall effort. Polling was showing over 60% of respondents were opposed to the recall effort, but that number has slowly sank over the last few months. A poll came out last week with Newsom in a dead heat and now a SurveyUSA poll was released this morning showing those in the favor of a recall effort in the majority for the first time. The trend is not in his favor.

This post didn't age well.

Newsom easily won. Not just won, it was a blowout.

It wasn't even close.

Dems have their cheating down pat.

Pubs should stop being pussies and do the same thing.
When cons' moronic predictions go wrong, they pull the "cheating" card.
Even in a 27% margin contest.
Sorry, you can't un-embarrass yourself.
Are you gonna show your fraud evidence on court? Or would you rather claim fraud in a message board?

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You can thank Larry Elder for saving his ass.

I don't really think it was about elder. He wasn't the only republican on that ballot. He was just the one who had a radio show and had a microphone for free political ads and was sort of known to the far right.

The people, especially the women, of California saw what Texas and other red states are doing to take reproductive freedom from women and won't allow it in their state.

The people of California see what Texas, Georgia, Arizona and so many other red states have done to take away voting rights from people and won't allow it in their state.

The people of California see the virus out of control in Texas, Florida and so many other red states and won't allow it to happen to their state.

It really had very little to do with larry elder. It had to do with what the republican party stands for and has done to people in other states.

The people in California don't want that to happen to their state.

It's as simple as that.

I don't really think it was about elder. He wasn't the only republican on that ballot. He was just the one who had a radio show and had a microphone for free political ads and was sort of known to the far right.

The people, especially the women, of California saw what Texas and other red states are doing to take reproductive freedom from women and won't allow it in their state.

The people of California see what Texas, Georgia, Arizona and so many other red states have done to take away voting rights from people and won't allow it in their state.

The people of California see the virus out of control in Texas, Florida and so many other red states and won't allow it to happen to their state.

It really had very little to do with larry elder. It had to do with what the republican party stands for and has done to people in other states.

It's as simple as that.
Literally no one has had their right to vote restricted. It's as simple as that.

The fact that Californian people are dumb enough to believe that is a reflection of their ignorance not the gop boogeyman

It's as simple as that.

It had nothing do with what's going on in other states. That's just your personal bias talking. Newsom was on target to lose, if the polls can be believed, until it started becoming clear that Elder, who is too far right for the state, was going to be his heir apparent. Newsom seized on that with a massive ad blitz and even called the president in to help him (which he shouldn't have needed to do in a state like California) It mobilized the Democratic base and the thought of Trumpism coming to Sacramento scared enough independent voters to make sure it didn't happen.

I'm not sure what the deal is with all the "in your face" replies I'm receiving on this. I don't live in California and had no skin in the game. In fact, I offered no opinion on this race one way or the other. I simply created a thread based on the snapshot of the race at that particular time. If it makes you all feel better to believe you've somehow "owned me" then I guess that's fine and I'm happy to have brightened your day.

A good lesson in polling.

Apparently this survey USA poll asked:

Are you voting in the election to recall Newsom?

What they were trying to ask if whether they were going to vote in the election at all, then follow up and ask whether they were going to vote yes or not.

But people, not incorrectly, thought that the question was whether they were going to vote TO recall Newsom. If you read the question another way, it can seem that’s what they’re asking. A lot of democrats said “no” even though they were planning on voting and going to vote to keep him.

It was a massive outlier and always a good reason to dig a little deeper.

When cons' moronic predictions go wrong, they pull the "cheating" card.
Even in a 27% margin contest.
Sorry, you can't un-embarrass yourself.
Are you gonna show your fraud evidence on court? Or would you rather claim fraud in a message board?
No way a Republican wins in the homeland of the new Fascist Reich.

It was a landslide for Newsom!

1631741055821.png

I'm from California and I don't know anyone who likes Newsom. :dunno: Interesting how these "elections" always work out for corrupt politicians.

Forum List

Back