Poll Shows Democrats Blowing Out Republicans

I'm assuming a "generic poll" means it wasn't a specific match up, just "Are you more likely to vote for the Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate?"

Polls mean little to me. According to polls at one point, John Kerry was going to beat President Bush in 2004.

I'm assuming a "generic poll" means it wasn't a specific match up, just "Are you more likely to vote for the Democratic candidate or the Republican candidate?"

Polls mean little to me. According to polls at one point, John Kerry was going to beat President Bush in 2004.

Also, polls showed Carter would beat Reagan

I tend to agree polls are useless for the most part. Sometimes they’re correct. For example in the run-off between Cynthia McKinney and Hank Johnson last week, the polls on Monday said she was toast and they were correct. :clap:

I tend to agree polls are useless for the most part. Sometimes they’re correct. For example in the run-off between Cynthia McKinney and Hank Johnson last week, the polls on Monday said she was toast and they were correct. :clap:

Actually, polls are simply a snapshot of a particular point in time and are good for pinpointing trends. In that regard, both Lieberman and McKinney got an accurate assessment that they were in huge trouble.

As far as exit polls are concerned, we use them in elections all over the world to assess if the election is being "fixed" by the powers that be in various banana republics around the world. The only time they didn't "work" was in Ohio in 2004.

What the hell is a generic race?:rotflmao:

What he is saying, by "generic" is when the question is asked, if people are going to vote democrat or republican, they have, in the majority, been asnwering democrat. To be fair, however, the same polls show that when asked about their satisfaction with their OWN representative, the majority of respondents express dissatisfaction with Congress as a whole, but seem to indicate that they're going to vote for the incumbant.

I don't think there's as much anti-incumbant sentiment as some seem to think. For the most part, we all like the guys (as much as one can say they like their representatives) who are in our neighborhoods, doing constituent services and showing up at community functions. It's in the borderline areas, where the incumbant relies on crossover votes to win, and in certain high profile races (e.g., Lieberman's in CT, or De-Lay's in Sugarland, TX) where you're going to see the anti-incumbant sentiment play out.

Proviso* The above is a totally unscientific opinion that is the property only of ... me (though I'm basing it on all the things I've been reading). :bow2:

Actually, polls are simply a snapshot of a particular point in time and are good for pinpointing trends. In that regard, both Lieberman and McKinney got an accurate assessment that they were in huge trouble.

As far as exit polls are concerned, we use them in elections all over the world to assess if the election is being "fixed" by the powers that be in various banana republics around the world. The only time they didn't "work" was in Ohio in 2004.

As long as Dems keep supporting the Terrorists Bill of Rights; wanting to prevent the NSA program, wanting to do away with the Patriot Act, and wanting to cut and run from terrorists - Dems will nto win elections

The success over terrorism this week will remind voters what a bunch of appeasers libs are and how they cannot be trusted with natioanl defense when we are at war.

I'm almost afraid to ask this of a lib but..................what is your assessment of Ohio 2004? Conspiracy no conspiracy?

Exit polls were used in this country so news networks could try to be the first to call a state/county/disctrict etc., or an entire election for a candidate. It has evolved into a crying towel and conspiracy tool for sore losers. For instance, Ohio in 2004.

Exit polls were used in this country so news networks could try to be the first to call a state/county/disctrict etc., or an entire election for a candidate. It has evolved into a crying towel and conspiracy tool for sore losers. For instance, Ohio in 2004.

Have libs ever admitted they lost an election?

I remember when Ronald Reagn won 49 states in 1984, libs said the people bought into slick marketing and packaging. They REALLY did not reject the Democrat message

AP Poll: Bush Hurting GOP Candidates

Republicans determined to win in November are up against a troublesome trend - growing opposition to President Bush.

An Associated Press-Ipsos poll conducted this week found the president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

More sobering for the GOP are the number of voters who backed Bush in 2004 who are ready to vote Democratic in the fall's congressional elections - 19 percent. These one-time Bush voters are more likely to be female, self-described moderates, low- to middle-income and from the Northeast and Midwest.

Two years after giving the Republican president another term, more than half of these voters - 57 percent - disapprove of the job Bush is doing…

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/11/114822.shtml

- - -

Ouch.

It just doesn't stop.

I'm almost afraid to ask this of a lib but..................what is your assessment of Ohio 2004? Conspiracy no conspiracy?

No conspiracy. Just politics as usual. Whoever controls the Secretary of State, regardless of party, has huge control over who gets to vote (though that control is not always used). I do know of a democratic primary for a particular judgeship where there were no voting machines in certain locales. BTW, the Federal Court ruled in that case that there was no violation of law. lol...Ohio's Secretary of State was just more open and more aggressive about it than most.

AP Poll: Bush Hurting GOP Candidates

Republicans determined to win in November are up against a troublesome trend - growing opposition to President Bush.

An Associated Press-Ipsos poll conducted this week found the president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.

More sobering for the GOP are the number of voters who backed Bush in 2004 who are ready to vote Democratic in the fall's congressional elections - 19 percent. These one-time Bush voters are more likely to be female, self-described moderates, low- to middle-income and from the Northeast and Midwest.

Two years after giving the Republican president another term, more than half of these voters - 57 percent - disapprove of the job Bush is doing…

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/8/11/114822.shtml

- - -

Ouch.

It just doesn't stop.

If I recall right, the polls and the MSM always start dumping this crap on us around every election cycle.
And you saw what happened in 2000, then again in 2004.
I have faith in my redneck, hillbilly conservative Americans..(as we're so lovingly referred to, by some of loving liberal websites):eek:
They don't speak to a pollster..
They speak when it's most important...... At the voting booth...:dance:

Forum List

Back