Poll: 1% (ONE PERCENT) of Americans agree the Biden economy is excellent.

ColonelAngus

Diamond Member
Feb 25, 2015
The 1 percent who think the economy is EXCELLENT must literally be the Top 1% of earners in the USA. The rich have gotten WAY more rich. The wealth transfer from the poor to the rich over the past 2 years is just incredible.

Every one of those 1-percenters is probably on this forum, trying to convince the other 99 percent.
I have to disagree with you here, mate.

Just look around this forum at the Xiden supporters -- is there a single one with even a room temperature IQ? These are not wealthy people we are dealing with, but fringe losers who have been convinced that they are victims by the mainstream media that manipulates them FOR the ultra wealthy.

1% of the nation says the economy is EXCELLENT.....yet the resident communists on this site STILL TRY TO TELL US THE EMPEROR'S CLOTHES ARE BEAUTIFUL. :auiqs.jpg:

YOUR LIES ARE NOT WORKING.

PEOPLE ARE NOT BUYING THE LIES OVER WHAT THEIR OWN EYES WITNESS.

4% of Americans say Elvis lives.

Virtually any poll that has a statistic as low as 1% is utter bullshit. We all know that.

Excellent? Of course not. Inflation is obviously too high, the Fed is still having to hold our hand, ridiculous imbalances continue, and we're still spending far more than we're taking in.

Our economy hasn't been "excellent" since the 90's, and I'm not even sure I'd call it excellent then.

Economies are virtually always a mixed bag. Boring, predictable partisan bullshittery notwithstanding, of course.

4% of Americans say Elvis lives.

Virtually any poll that has a statistic as low as 1% is utter bullshit. We all know that.

SO your interpretation of this poll is that it is WRONG and the economy is excellent?

How so, specifically?

Excellent? Of course not. Inflation is obviously too high, the Fed is still having to hold our hand, ridiculous imbalances continue, and we're still spending far more than we're taking in.

Our economy hasn't been "excellent" since the 90's, and I'm not even sure I'd call it excellent then.

Economies are virtually always a mixed bag. Boring, predictable partisan bullshittery notwithstanding, of course.

Mac, you have stated repeatedly you are in the financial sector, and I tend to believe you. So, I have 3 questions for you that are easy-peezy so that you can show us your honesty----------->

1.From everything you learned from your education in economics and business, is it a true statement that when governments print money without goods and services expanding to match, it causes inflationary pressures? (more money chasing the same amount of products)

2. When inflation rises past what is seen as reasonable levels, is it not the standard practice in the modern era to raise interest rates to soak up excess cash in the system, causing the price of borrowing money to rise and slowing down the economy as bigger ticket items are now less affordable along with loans to start, and expand business?

3. Is it not also true that there are 2 ways for a government to get more control of a nations wealth-----> raise taxes, OR print more money and use the printed money for what they want causing the dollars originally in circulation to drop in value; ergo, a tax hike without actually raising the rates?

Last edited:
Mac, you have stated repeatedly you are in the financial sector, and I tend to believe you. So, I have 2 questions for you that are easy-peezy so that you can show us your honesty----------->

1.From everything you learned from your education in economics and business, is it a true statement that when governments print money without goods and services expanding to match, it causes inflationary pressures? (more money chasing the same amount of products)

2. When inflation rises past what is seen as reasonable levels, is it not the standard practice in the modern era to raise interest rates to soak up excess cash in the system, causing the price of borrowing money to rise and slowing down the economy as bigger ticket items are now less affordable along with loans to start, and expand business?
Yes, and yes. Usually.

SO your interpretation of this poll is that it is WRONG and the economy is excellent?

How so, specifically?
No, my 'interpretation' of the poll is that it is partisan claptrap and has little bearing on reality as any poll that has a major question below the margin of error is.

That in no way shape or form means I think the economy is 'excellent' and you just threw that partisan bullshit up there to poison the well. The economy is shit right now. That does not change the fact that at least 30% of the nation is going to back Biden and a large majority of that 30% would say the economy was excellent if we looked like North Korea.

Sorry, wasn't trying to scam you, added a 3rd while you were replying to me, so no all, Mac did NOT agree or disagree with the 3rd one because he did not see it.
To answer the third question, I'm not sure about a "government getting more control over a nation's wealth" part, but aggressively increasing the money supply (including for political agendas) can certainly cause inflation. But it's not the only element, as we saw with building of the $9T QE on the Fed's balance sheet. If there is enough slack in the system (as there clearly has been), money-printing will not be significant inflationary pressure.

But (a) if that slack fades and demand soars, and/or (b) the other variable in the equation - supply - is damaged and/or decreases significantly, then inflation can easily kick in above and beyond loose money-printing. As we're seeing.

To answer the third question, I'm not sure about a "government getting more control over a nation's wealth" part, but aggressively increasing the money supply (including for political agendas) can certainly cause inflation. But it's not the only element, as we saw with building of the $9T QE on the Fed's balance sheet. If there is enough slack in the system (as there clearly has been), money-printing will not be significant inflationary pressure.

But (a) if that slack fades and demand soars, and/or (b) the other variable in the equation - supply - is damaged and/or decreases significantly, then inflation can easily kick in above and beyond loose money-printing. As we're seeing.

Thnx for honest answers. At least you are an honest broker.

The 1 percent who think the economy is EXCELLENT must literally be the Top 1% of earners in the USA. The rich have gotten WAY more rich. The wealth transfer from the poor to the rich over the past 2 years is just incredible.

They're all here on this board, too. LOL

Forum List

Back