Political Movies

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Hollywood has made over 20 movies about Richard Nixon.
But, ObamaGate makes WaterGate look like jaywalking.
In 1977 they made a comedy about Nixon called Nasty Habits.
The Obama Presidency is prime for a good satirical comedy.
Someone should make a honest movie about Obama and his henchmen..... Comey, Clapper, Brennen, Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi......... there is a lot of great material to work with there.
But, we know that it will never happen.
They will probably make dozens of movies about Trump though.

Someone should make a honest movie about Obama and his henchmen..... Comey, Clapper, Brennen, Hillary, Schumer, Pelosi......... there is a lot of great material to work with there.

WagThe Dog was eerie.. Because it came out PRIOR to the Clinton /monica thing and the PLOT WAS a president caught diddling on duty.. They even got the "fake war" into the plot. Like the way Clinton chose to bomb Iraq heavily on the night before Monica's testimony,..

Best all time political movie was Atlas Shrugged.. Nowhere as good as the book -- but it's all prescient because Atlas IS shrugging a bit right now...

And Idiocracy.. My FAVORITE movie of all time..

I watched a movie where the US president was stranded with his team at a diner during a crises...do any of you remember the name of this movie?...

Ahh, another victimization thread from the right wing....

Bullworth was probably the most honest movie I've seen regarding politics.
Conservative that I am, I liked Robert Redford in the Candidate. But Bullworth wasn't bad.

WagThe Dog was eerie.

It struck me the plot of the movie was mostly a satire of Operation Desert Storm and the hiring of a public relations firm to sell it to Americans. It has been at least 25 years since I've seen it but I'm pretty sure it even got a dig in about coming up with a song to use as the war's anthem, such as how Bette Midler's From a Distance found popularity during Desert Storm. Wag the Dog then became the moniker for charades like Clinton's.

WagThe Dog was eerie.. Because it came out PRIOR to the Clinton /monica thing and the PLOT WAS a president caught diddling on duty.. They even got the "fake war" into the plot. Like the way Clinton chose to bomb Iraq heavily on the night before Monica's testimony,..

Best all time political movie was Atlas Shrugged.. Nowhere as good as the book -- but it's all prescient because Atlas IS shrugging a bit right now...

Yea Idiocracy was good, it reminds me of Dem Voters.
Wag the Dog backfired on Hollywood, so that was what made it funny.

Yea Idiocracy was good, it reminds me of Dem Voters.
Wag the Dog backfired on Hollywood, so that was what made it funny.

Backfired?

Cost less than 15M, made upwards of 75M. Still being shown regularly....

Most of the time the right wing is seen as nasty, inept and corrupted by Prog movie producers and directors.

Maybe because they are nasty (Trump)
Inept (Trump, Bush 43)
Corrupt (Trump)
The Prog minions are educated that way. The general population is smothered in daily propaganda by the Progs. How can the week minded not turn on values and freedoms. The thing that hurts the most were all of the false Republican shills that have been outed as Progs Deep Staters. From Neo cons to Politicians to Media people. To the corrupted that have taken in millions of dollars for themselves and even more then that.

Most of the time the right wing is seen as nasty, inept and corrupted by Prog movie producers and directors.

Maybe because they are nasty (Trump)
Inept (Trump, Bush 43)
Corrupt (Trump)
The Prog minions are educated that way. The general population is smothered in daily propaganda by the Progs. How can the week minded not turn on values and freedoms. The thing that hurts the most were all of the false Republican shills that have been outed as Progs Deep Staters. From Neo cons to Politicians to Media people. To the corrupted that have taken in millions of dollars for themselves and even more then that.
Is that why LEO's violate our rights because of "progs"?

And the REST of the time, Hollywood STOKES the political divisions with blatant political violence -- like with this Comcast/Universal shitfest that was originally entitled "Red State vs Blue State".. Think it's called "The Hunt"... About a group of leftist elites that trap and hunt conservatives for sport.. Betcha LOVE that one... Might still be in theaters.. At least in the Blue States...

Bullworth was funny... Probably because the character could have been with either tribe...

:stir: :badgrin::death:

WagThe Dog was eerie.

It struck me the plot of the movie was mostly a satire of Operation Desert Storm and the hiring of a public relations firm to sell it to Americans. It has been at least 25 years since I've seen it but I'm pretty sure it even got a dig in about coming up with a song to use as the war's anthem, such as how Bette Midler's From a Distance found popularity during Desert Storm. Wag the Dog then became the moniker for charades like Clinton's.

Desert Storm wasn't totally made up like the "Albanian war" in Wag the Dog.. Didn't need a Hollywood producer to produce propaganda footage for the media... Actually, Hollywood has "produced" many political spectacles for the Dem party.. IIRC -- the Clintons used several Hollywood friends for major events. Think the same producers made that "Greek Temple" set for Obama's great "The oceans are going to fall" nomination speech..

Forum List

Back