Political Liberty and The Right of Popular Rebellion Against Tyranny

Political Liberty and The Right of Popular Rebellion Against Tyranny: It is a liberal concept. So is democracy as well as republicanism. Conservatives in the USA come out of the liberal tradition.

We are all liberals. We're liberals of different stripes.

Sane, rational, and reasonable people know tyranny does not exist in the USA today. Why? We have representative government with open and free elections. The ultimate power resides in the vote, not money or political power.

:lol:

Yer kidding, right?

I doubt it. Just another lost progressive authoritarian trying to fit into a liberals coat.
If progressives want to call themselves liberals, so be it. Just run with it. Why keep arguing with these USMB revisionists?

Political Liberty and The Right of Popular Rebellion Against Tyranny: It is a liberal concept. So is democracy as well as republicanism. Conservatives in the USA come out of the liberal tradition.

Sane, rational, and reasonable people know tyranny does not exist in the USA today. Why? We have representative government with open and free elections. The ultimate power resides in the vote, not money or political power.
No real tyranny, no real support for rebellion

Yer kidding, right?

I doubt it. Just another lost progressive authoritarian trying to fit into a liberals coat.
If progressives want to call themselves liberals, so be it. Just run with it. Why keep arguing with these USMB revisionists?

the problem with folks like you is you see the world as 'us versus them' so any defense of Obama equals support for Obama

Yer kidding, right?

Because it gives liberalism a bad name. We use terms in language to signify ideas. When we allow authoritarian morons to run roughshod over our language, well...take a look around the county...

This turd actually has the gumption to claim no tyranny here because people vote.

:lmao:

These people need to be put in their appropriate place.

Yer kidding, right?

Because it gives liberalism a bad name. We use terms in language to signify ideas. When we allow authoritarian morons to run roughshod over our language, well...take a look around the county...

This turd actually has the gumption to claim no tyranny here because people vote.

The term liberal is now draped in leftist rags. If we strip it naked now, all we see are dicks and pussies.

Yer kidding, right?

The term liberal is now draped in leftist rags. If we strip it naked now, all we see are dicks and pussies.

There is no need to strip it (although your statement is funny), it already has a definition. That definition does not define people like Dainte. not even remotely.

Progressive authoritarian on the other hand fits like it was tailored just for him.

Sounds more like the progressive agenda espoused by Sirota than it does a fair and balanced look at liberalism versus progressivism
Are liberals or progressives more likely to confront large economic institutions, many of whom fund their election campaigns?

why a hypothetical, why not real life examples?

Sounds more like the progressive agenda espoused by Sirota than it does a fair and balanced look at liberalism versus progressivism
Are liberals or progressives more likely to confront large economic institutions, many of whom fund their election campaigns?

why a hypothetical, why not real life examples?

Maybe because liberals aren't allowed to play politics anymore. So no examples from this century can be cited. Plenty of progressive authoritarian examples with either the donkey or the elephant though.

Yer kidding, right?

people like you cannot even get a credible minority to agree with you -- so you go out like Timothy McVeigh

Yer kidding, right?

people like you cannot even get a credible minority to agree with you -- so you go out like Timothy McVeigh

I do not base my principles and ethics off consensus like you, Dainte. I can think for myself.

Yer kidding, right?

I do not base my principles and ethics off consensus like you, Dainte. I can think for myself.

principles were made to serve people, not the other way around.

too bad you see the world through Alice's looking glass

Principles weren't 'made' at all. Once again you show us you do not think. You parrot.

Principles weren't 'made' at all. Once again you show us you do not think. You parrot.
straw man fallacy

hy a hypothetical, why not real life examples?
Progressive or liberal?
Jill_Stein_for_President_logo.png

Progressive or liberal?

Progressive. Authoritarian, here is why:

Her views do not entail the rights and freedoms of the individual and the need to limit the powers of government. The exact opposite of this is her view.

Enacting bigger government programs to solve problems society could solve on its own - just not in the manner she would prefer.

Her views do not entail the rights and freedoms of the individual and the need to limit the powers of government. The exact opposite of this is her view.

Enacting bigger government programs to solve problems society could solve on its own - just not in the manner she would prefer.
"The Green New Deal
"The Green New Deal is an emergency four part program of specific solutions for moving America quickly out of crisis into the secure green future.

"We call these solutions a Green 'New Deal' because they are inspired by the New Deal programs that helped us out of the Great Depression of the 1930s. And these solutions are 'Green' because they create an economy that makes our communities sustainable and healthy."

"It's time to end unemployment and debt in America. It's time to transition to a new green economy. It's time for a Green New Deal."

Do you see any threat to the individual rights and freedoms in ending unemployment and debt in the US?

The Green New Deal - Jill Stein for President

Progressive or liberal?

Progressive. Authoritarian, here is why:

disclaimer: not a huge fan of Jill

Sheer nonsense. How in the world could Stein's embrace of a government program be equated with not entailing "the rights and freedoms of the individual"????????? :cuckoo:

en·tail
verb
verb: entail; 3rd person present: entails; past tense: entailed; past participle: entailed; gerund or present participle: entailing
inˈtāl,enˈtāl/
involve (something) as a necessary or inevitable part or consequence.
"a situation that entails considerable risks"

Forum List

Back