Police raid wrong house.......again.

sorry I am getting two threads mixed up,,,

if they are instructed to fire rubber bullets into a house without warning we need new instructions for cops,,

I think what we really need is both sides of the story before drawing any conclusions. I've yet to read a first report on something that was totally accurate or gave all the details. News agencies don't make money unless they can rile people up to buy their papers, go to their web sites, and participate in their blogs.

Does it infuriate you when it's the other way around?
Why do you assume someone you don't know? Your reply does not address why Politicians think it's ok to place policy to make life riskier/more dangerous for citizens while they themselves are not affected, because they are protected behind of all things ironic- well guarded "WALLS"

I got a speeding ticket once where the cop claimed I was going faster than I really was. I stated my case on that and he said with a very rough voice, "Looks like we have a difference of opinion here". I shut my mouth after that, he gave me the ticket, and I drove away alive.

My ticket was legit. I was speeding... thought about using the ole I dint do nuffins but I'm lilly white with red hair. Thought better of it

When it happened to an old woman in Palmdale, CA, the PD tore the front door off her house and never fixed it. A contractor volunteered to hang a new door for her after finding out she had no door for over a fn year.
It's her fault for choosing to live in a bad neighborhood.

What are you trying to get at? None of these things have any possibility of becoming a reality. If you're trying to make a point, at least use a realistic comparison.

But trying to see where you come from, I always obey a police officer no matter what. If I have any issues about their conduct, I will take it up with their supervisor, their Mayor if it's in a city, my state rep if it's state police (and I've actually done that before) or any supervisory figure above the officer. If none are interested and I believe my rights were violated, that's what lawyers are for. But what I will never do is challenge an officer in the street. I never pick a battle I know I'm going to lose.

My career was a truck driver. That means police could pull me over for nothing if they want. Truck drivers don't have constitutional rights. Therefore I had many interactions with police, particularly state troopers that were trained to do DOT inspections. I've had some real assholes to deal with, but my experience is that most of them were good people just doing their job. When our business was finished, they actually thanked me for my cooperation and wished me a nice day, big smile on their faces, friendly as can be.
a true bootlicker right up to the train car,,

I think what we really need is both sides of the story before drawing any conclusions. I've yet to read a first report on something that was totally accurate or gave all the details. News agencies don't make money unless they can rile people up to buy their papers, go to their web sites, and participate in their blogs.
a bootlickers got to lick boots,,

does your tongue ever get tired or raw??

Why do you assume someone you don't know?

its a question not an assumption.

Do we need basic English lessons to teach the difference?

Your reply does not address why Politicians think it's ok to place policy to make life riskier/more dangerous for citizens while they themselves are not affected, because they are protected behind of all things ironic- well guarded "WALLS"

Nobody else can speak for politicians here but your hypocrisy is noted.

This happens far too often, It should not be that difficult to verify you are raiding the right house.

A family was alarmed on Jan. 22 by the sound of rubber bullets flying through their doors and windows in the middle of the night. The family began panicking as the Galveston Police SWAT team was standing outside their door.

Home security footage shows the four family members walking out of the home slowly with their hands up. They were detained by officers without knowledge of why SWAT had even shown up.

Can you imagine laying at bed at night and having this happen to you? Why is it they were not even informed of why the officers were trashing their house? Again, a refusal to state what the reasons were.

Texas police chief on leave after SWAT raids wrong house in search of suspect falsely accused of murder

And then the person they were after wasn't even the one responsible for the crime.

Ineptitude and an inability to do basic police work before disrupting the lives of this family. I imagine the settlement will ease that a bit since luckily no one was killed.
That's some truly bad police work there.

These creeps need to be working at Walmart

People also seem to forget there are 10s of thousands, maybe 100 thousand, of police on duty 24 hours a day every single day all across the country in America. And every single day millions of Americans cross their path either directly or indirectly and yet very little actually happens that's bad.

It seems quite inflated because how the media will sometimes spend years or even decades still bringing up a single incident. Or how if one thing happens today's dozens and dozens of media outlets will all report on it over and over and over again for days or weeks. People on social media won't shut up about it. And then you have dumb people running around saying shit like "the cops is trying to kill us". A single incident can look like a thousand incidents because of how it's overplayed.

Nothing ever runs perfect 100% of the time. It's impossible. Clinton caught shit when they bombed hospitals and homes in the middle east when he was president on accident. If the government and army can mess something up why would a police force be any different?
Understand that cops think everyone they encounter (that isn't a friend because they get special treatment) is armed and dangerous...the darker or poorer they are...the more dangerous they perceive them to be.

I suspect this ineptitude will continue to become the new normal across a broad spectrum of professions.

This generation isn't cut from the same cloth as the last, and that generation from the one before that back to the Silent Generation IMO.
That's a large part of the equation that gets left out. Leftists created a generation or 2 these quasi-state-babies in their schools,

and of course some will become police officers.

You people seem to forget that this happens about 1% of the time or less. The media make it out like it happens all the time.

We have a legal system requiring a search warrant, on sworn affidavit in order to do what they did.

Justice should have less than a tenth of the 1% error rate.

Understand that cops think everyone they encounter (that isn't a friend because they get special treatment) is armed and dangerous...the darker or poorer they are...the more dangerous they perceive them to be.

They presumed that or actually Googled it and found the statistics?

A small percentage of people in all professions are inept. Where is your screaming about them?

The Dems’ war on police, combined with the softened approach to violent criminals, is resulting in crime-ridden chaos. You couldn’t pay me to take a ride on the NY subway these days.
That may be true, but how many of those professions carry lethal weapons?

It's professions where lives are at stake that the error rate needs to be much lower.

As of April 1, 2022, there were 2,414 death row inmates in the United States.

1% error would mean 24 people on death row that shouldn't be there.

My ticket was legit. I was speeding... thought about using the ole I dint do nuffins but I'm lilly white with red hair. Thought better of it
My ticket was legit too, overall. I was speeding. He pulled three of us over all at once and I think he got confused on which vehicle was which, quoting mine at faster than I know I was going. But, I was speeding, decided not to argue with him over the difference, and I did drive away alive.

Forum List

Back