Plinkers

DarkFury

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2015
Sun, Sand And Palm Trees
Plinking was better in the old days as most counties had open air dumps where you could drive down and shoot rats for a break. Most likely the finest plinker ever built was the Ruger 10/22.

I just ordered today a new plinker to try. Made by Mossberg and its a plinker pistol. The Mossberg 715P
wm_8654049.jpg

The features are solid enough and the gun grabbers will sh#t their pants at this little 22.
"FEATURES: Full-length top rail with mounted adjustable front/rear sights; short vented quad-rail forend; 6” blued barrel with A2-style muzzlebrake; Red Dot Combo features a 1x30mm sight with Red/Green illumination, 95’ field of view @ 100 yards, and windage and elevation adjustability. Please check our feedback.."

319 dollars plus shipping for this little plinker. Comes stock with a 25 rd mag and additional mags are 30 bucks.
MOSSBERG 715P - FDE - 25 RD MAGAZINE - .22 LR - DAVIDSO...

Fury

[/QUOTE]
$300 for a fairy gun? Are you going to use it to plinker your butthole? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

oldschool maybe you can sell your foodstamps and get you a plinker one day

I have fond memories of going to several different dumps as a kid. Actually it was where I learned proper firearm etiquette. Shot my first .357 magnum at a 12 inch concrete block and shattered it. But killin' rats was the best. Glory Days...

• Banned
I have fond memories of going to several different dumps as a kid. Actually it was where I learned proper firearm etiquette. Shot my first .357 magnum at a 12 inch concrete block and shattered it. But killin' rats was the best. Glory Days...
They make 110 round drum for that pistol. Yeah rat shooting is a blast. Planning on a trip up north to shoot prairie dogs about September.

They make 110 round drum for that pistol. Yeah rat shooting is a blast. Planning on a trip up north to shoot prairie dogs about September.
You two were just placed on the terror watch list by Jeh Johnson...your neighbor the fanatical hateful Muslim, was not.

My 10/22 is one of my my favorite guns. Nothing I gave ever owned is as reliable.

Yeppers. I have three of them set up for different jobs. If I could only have one firearm period, it would be a 10/22.

Winchester Model 63. My uncle's best guess is that he has put close to half a million rounds through it, and it was 20 years old when he got it...the sum total of problems? Two firing pins. That's it.

Still considering making the trip.
With the new 5.7 Tundra the ride would be nice...but expensive.

Fox Valley Rifle Range (long gone) in Dundee, IL had a plinking pond. You shot at old corncobs. almost as fun as rats.

Fox Valley Rifle Range (long gone) in Dundee, IL had a plinking pond. You shot at old corncobs. almost as fun as rats.
When I was a kid we would have BB gun and pellet gun fights in the park. Of course our parents didn't like it because we could have got hit in the eye and they would have to pay a doctor bill. So we wore sunglasses.

It's different these days. If a kid is having fun playing with a BB gun some pigs in the midst of a 'roid rage might roll up in a pigmobile, jump out, and put some 9mm or .40 caliber bullets into them.

Forum List

Back