Please pass the Impeachment.

tell me another commander in chief who purposely misled us into such a war.

Wilson, Polk, FDR certainly attempted to. I guess whether or not they were justified would depend upon whether or not you agreed with their purposes.

Wilson, Polk, FDR certainly attempted to. I guess whether or not they were justified would depend upon whether or not you agreed with their purposes.

I do not recall Polk misleading us about annexing Texas.... are you suggesting that Europe was NOT engulfed in war when Wilson sent the AEF? And how exactly did FDR mislead us about the attack on Pearl Harbor? Was that just a Hollywood snow job? Is the USS Arizona just a movie prop?

I do not recall Polk misleading us about annexing Texas.... are you suggesting that Europe was NOT engulfed in war when Wilson sent the AEF? And how exactly did FDR mislead us about the attack on Pearl Harbor? Was that just a Hollywood snow job? Is the USS Arizona just a movie prop?

I'm not going to fight you on each of the wars, but good try. I have enough on my plate playing linguistics with you on this war and this president and this Congress and both parties. ;)

You asked me one question, which presidents? I answered, truthfully.

Now about the wars where no young Americans were put in harm's way?

I'm not going to fight you on each of the wars, but good try. I have enough on my plate playing linguistics with you on this war and this president and this Congress and both parties. ;)

You asked me one question, which presidents? I answered, truthfully.

Now about the wars where no young Americans were put in harm's way?

of course every war puts young americans in harm's way. The wars you suggested we were misled into I took issue with.... I certainly find it hard to imagine how you could say that FDR misled us into war with Japan and Germany when Japan attacked us without provocation at Pearl Harbor and Germany then declared war on us.

I stand by my accurate use of the language and my assertion that Bush inaccurately used words to convey false impressions to America... and that purposely conveying false impressions is a dictionary definition of LIE.

I know of no lies told by Polk, Wilson, or FDR that they used to take us to war.

of course every war puts young americans in harm's way. The wars you suggested we were misled into I took issue with.... I certainly find it hard to imagine how you could say that FDR misled us into war with Japan and Germany when Japan attacked us without provocation at Pearl Harbor and Germany then declared war on us.

I stand by my accurate use of the language and my assertion that Bush inaccurately used words to convey false impressions to America... and that purposely conveying false impressions is a dictionary definition of LIE.

I know of no lies told by Polk, Wilson, or FDR that they used to take us to war.

FDR certainly attempted to
Prior to PH. As for the others, read some of their speeches and those of their 'close friends' in their administrations.

you'll forgive me, won't you, if I don't have enough interest in this issue (or time) to go seeking out and digesting speeches made by Polk administration officials about the Thorton Affair or whatever such events upon which they might have possibly waxed eloquently and inaccurately 160 years ago?

you'll forgive me, won't you, if I don't have enough interest in this issue (or time) to go seeking out and digesting speeches made by Polk administration officials about the Thorton Affair or whatever such events upon which they might have possibly waxed eloquently and inaccurately 160 years ago?

Of course, but you asked and I answered.

Of course, but you asked and I answered.

and I think I am safe in saying that, had I lived back then, and if Polk had indeed lied about the reasons for starting the Mexican-American War, I would have opposed him as well.

and I think I am safe in saying that, had I lived back then, and if Polk had indeed lied about the reasons for starting the Mexican-American War, I would have opposed him as well.

and you think waiting for PH was the right thing to do? Just asking.

Forum List

Back